looking for video editing software

any suggestions would be great.

Looking for software that will let me put in still frames between 1/500 to 1/1000 of a second. Something that is free or really cheap preferably. I want to make a still frame movie. Thanks everyone.

Depending on exactly what you want, you could try FFMPEG

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Create%...0from%20images

You have to make 1 file with the command line, and if you're using the same couple of files, it may be best to make a text file with the list of them (you can put a command to do every *.jpg or *.png within a folder but, i'm not entirely sure how to get that to work).

You'd be looking at a command similar to this;

Code:
    ffmpeg -r 500/1 -f concat -i mylist.txt -i "music.mp3" -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 256k -shortest -r 30 -s 1523x798 out.mp4
    pause
    ^ You want to put that command in a .bat file. To create a .bat file within the ffmpeg directory (where ffmpeg.exe is) you simply right click -> New -> text file.
    Open the textfile (with notepad / wordpad) and paste that in. Then you change the extension of the file from .txt to .bat

If you can't change extensions then this should sort you out: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-File-Extension

Breakdown:
    Code:
    ffmpeg            | calls the ffmpeg.exe file
    -r 500/1          | means how many seconds long you want it to be, the values are inversed. The example they give says put 1/5 if you want it to be 5 seconds long, as you want it to be 1/500 of a second, you have to write the inverse (500/1).
    -f concat         | file: concatenate
    -i mylist.txt     | input: whatever is in mylist.txt    - mylist.txt is a list of files and looks like: 

file 'image1.png'
    file 'image2.png'
    file 'image3.png'

-i "music.mp3"  | If you wanted to add audio **
    -c:v libx264    | video codec: libx264
    -c:a aac        | audio codec: aac ** not needed if you don't want audio 
    -strict experimental | Not entirely sure what it does or even if it's needed tbh...
    -b:a 256k       | audio bitrate: 256kb **
    -shortest       | it'll cut the audio to the length of the video **
    -r 30 (at the end) | frame rate: 30
    -s 1523x798     | Pixel size (I had some random pictures floating around, made them all the same size and used that).
    out.mp4         | [file output name][.mp4], so you can change that to what you want it to be called, and you can use any video container that supports the libx264 codec.

**leave it out if you don't want audio

Now, if you wanted to mix between values 1/500 and 1/1000, I think you'll have to make separate videos and then concatenate them.

To simply concatenate videos, you'll need a textfile with the filenames e.g.

Code:
    file 'video1.mp4'
    file 'video2.mp4'
    file 'video3.mp4'

Then the code you need is:

Code:
    ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy "myOutput.mp4"
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

that looks a little to pro for me. Like who windows movie maker I can put in 1 slide at a time but the fastest it shows a slide is .03 seconds. I need faster.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 at my work (I edit videos for a living) and it's amazing software. Even though the actual version is pretty pricey, the trial is really good.

Deleted
    dunno if it can do what you are asking for
    Sony Movie Studio HD: Platinum Suite 12, is very good as a video editing software, its also nicely priced, i picked my copy from amazon for £35, even comes with soundforge so you even have audio editing, the main thing it doesnt have over vegas for example is 4 k rendering, but that doesnt count for this. it also has a trial software from the website, give it a go.

also please before anyone mentions it, vegas, thats pricey as hell and most people would be trying to suggest pirate it, just a big no really

Almost all video editors can import a sequence of pictures, which is what you're looking for. You just need to have the pictures named sequentially, something like pic0001.jpg, pic0002.jpg, pic0003.jpg etc. If you want free options I could recommend VirtualDub for example. It can import the picture sequence and save it out as AVI with any framerate you want.

You also need to keep in mind that very high framerates have various problems with playback that comes from decompression speed and disc transfer rates (if the clip is longer than few seconds and cant be cached completely).
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-09-21 at 10:39 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.