10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year

Should I be Arcane or Frost? (Armory link inside)

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emindar/simple

So I just returned to the game, so my gear is a little jumbled (Dat pvp neck, aww yea!). I have no set bonus, as ToT has been crap towards me (even in lfr).
    Timeless gear is crap, but it sthe only chest I have (Lack of sockets and dumbed down secondary stats. Bleh. )

However, I enjoy frost. I also enjoy arcane. I feel more comfortable with frost then arcane, but I know I can get comfortable with arcane if i play it a lot.

I tested it on a dummy. Standing Still i pulled roughly the same, if not slightly lower while Arcane. However, that can be because Im not playing Arcane to 100%.

Another issue I have is i feel like im casting slow, and once my mana hits that 80%, i cant get past it. After I hit that 80% mark, my rotation just becomes Abx4 ArBarr (unless missles proc, which is rare). Even then, sometimes it dips below 80% after the 4th AB cast.

Am I doing this right? Why is my mana not regenning quicker? Im making sure IM standing in my ring :/

For my gear, what should I play. (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FROST IS BETTER, FIRE IS BETTER, ARCANE IS BETTER thread.) I just want to know what, at my ilvl, would benefit me more. In the end, Ill be switching to probably fire when I get the gear.
    Last edited by Demindar; 2013-09-21 at 04:36 PM.

I would stick to what you want to play. Don't let a troll tell you how to play this class. That is just me. But if you want my opinion I would say try'em both out see what does better. At that ILVL you don't have a four set from TOT for arcane so it's kind of pointless to be arcane. You don't have that 20% buff at 4 stack. I would say frost but, try'em both out and see which one you like better.

Myself I switched between all three to see what I liked best and Frost is still my Fav.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear doesn't really support frost. It's not that you can't play frost, but you'd want to hit at least 5859 haste (since you're a Goblin) for it to begin to take off. As you say, you cast slow. You don't really have enough haste to enjoy arcane or frost. If I was handed your toon and required to play arcane I'd use frost armor to make life worth living.

You may get a bit frustrated trying to play arcane or frost while gearing up for fire since it requires completely different stats. In this case, you might find it easier just to play whichever your gear supports best, not which is best.

Since you don't have 4pc T15 you'll probably see bigger and more consistent numbers with frost. The playstyle of frost is also closer to fire than arcane is which may help serve as a bit of a primer.

All that said, play what you enjoy. Mage DPS is better balanced than people seem to think.

Frost since you dont have 4p t15.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Your gear doesn't really support frost. It's not that you can't play frost, but you'd want to hit at least 5859 haste (since you're a Goblin) for it to begin to take off. As you say, you cast slow. You don't really have enough haste to enjoy arcane or frost. If I was handed your toon and required to play arcane I'd use frost armor to make life worth living.

You may get a bit frustrated trying to play arcane or frost while gearing up for fire since it requires completely different stats. In this case, you might find it easier just to play whichever your gear supports best, not which is best.

Since you don't have 4pc T15 you'll probably see bigger and more consistent numbers with frost. The playstyle of frost is also closer to fire than arcane is which may help serve as a bit of a primer.

All that said, play what you enjoy. Mage DPS is better balanced than people seem to think.
    Actually, IM reforged and everything for Arcane atm. With frost I hit the haste cap, getting about 120k-ish DPS. So haste isnt the issue once I regem and reforge.

You could just stick with what you want until you get to the gear point you need to be. It wont be the end of the world.