Gear scaling and Gemming

Hi community,

I have been searching around on different forum posts, google, blizzard forums to find something that is driving me a little bit crazy lately.

Everybody knows that for proving grounds (or challenge mode) gear gets scaled down to ilevel 463, set bonuses doesnt work, legendary cloak doesnt proc and meta gem doesnt work either.

But my questions are simple and complicated at the same time, I am trying to find the BEST gearing possible to do Proving Grounds.

So the questions are:

*Is there a best in slot gear for proving grounds?

*Is it better to have high ilevel items with LOTS OF GEM SOCKETS?

*Having gear with a lot of gem sockets make that gear better than other gear with less gems? (when they get scaled down)

This is driving me crazy because I want to get all the endless achievements the easiest way I can.

The most important question here is the gem sockets one.... Because I thought: "Hey, if i use gear with lots of gem sockets I will have better stats" But I also thought that the gear with lots of gem sockets doesnt really have superios stats (because it gets compensated with the quantity of gem sockets)

Deleted
    At least in challenge modes gems weren't "downscaled" so the 'better' gear you got with more sockets the 'easier' they would be. I havn't been to proving grounds myself. But I would assume it's similar.