Deleted

Nintendo founder, father of mario/pokemon dies

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, I just wanted to post it here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Nintendo.html

Legend?

Thank you for the childhood and unforgettable memories. Although I never knew how to properly play Pokemon, trading and collecting was a true hobby for me at the time.

So sad. May he rest in peace.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Nintendo was over 100 years old, so I don't think he was a founder? I think he was one of the people that steered Nintendo into video games instead of the card industry however?

Very sad. >.< RIP!
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

It's a real shame he didn't at least make it to see X and Y released. Here's to hoping Nintendo keeps his name and memory alive. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I thought Nintendo was over 100 years old, so I don't think he was a founder? I think he was one of the people that steered Nintendo into video games instead of the card industry however?

Very sad. >.< RIP!

And what exactly did they make before 1983?
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Cards, they still do today
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Playing cards to start out. EVR Race in the 70s, Game and Watch in 1980.

Nintendo itself has been around since 1889.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shigeru Miyamoto and SATOSHI (you may remember his name as one of the options for Red in Pokemon)Tajiri are both alive and well. They created Mario and Pokemon, respectively.

Nintendo was founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi, in 1889, as a card shop - "Nintendo Koppai."

Hiroshi Yamauchi (I think the original founder was his grandfather, but only by marriage?) took over - and I mean TOOK OVER, fired long term workers for questioning his authority and made sure he was the only Yamauchi in the company, getting his older cousin fired - and made sure he was the final word on everything new that came out of Nintendo. Then after he took a trip to the USA, he decided cards weren't a very good venture, and expanded the company to other things (love hotel, taxi service) and eventually settled on toys after watching one of his engineers - Gunpei Yokoi - playing with a simple claw toy (Ultra Hand!) that he had created.

Ultra Hand became a hit, Nintendo became a toy company. Gunpei Yokoi created pretty much every toy that came out of Nintendo at the time, and they were largely electric, which was a huge deal in the '60's. So Nintendo became a big name.

Then arcades happened. Nintendo tried their hand and didn't make it with a few of their first games... and then they picked up Miyamoto's Donkey Kong.

The rest is history.

Basically, Yamauchi was a shrewd businessman with a good eye for what would make profit. In no way did he CREATE any of the games. But he did finance them and make them big, creating the Nintendo we know today.

A little history for everyone. <3
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-21 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

See you next mission, Yamauchi-san.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see him go. I hope Nintendo mourns the founder.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sad day. Grow up with a Game Boy. Oh the joy this little black and white thing caused. Thanks for everything. R.I.P

The one who created the cult of the Pokemon has died??!?!??! We are FREE!!!!!!

Really that sucks i love mario and pokemon. They are great gameboy games to play with when busy.

Yamauchi was responsible for getting Nintendo into the video game business, literally changing the face of gaming forever. Without his business sense, gaming would be a whole different thing these days, if it'd even be a thing. RIP, thanks for everything.