Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The time of the aspects is past.. I dont see why you want so many aspect based storyes i personaly am sick of them..

A lot of your ideas sound like a repetition of previous stuff..

Seems like you had a lot of work ill give you that.. But i dont really see your ideas working.. The next expansion will most likely be a demon invasion..

I find it funny that people seem so reticent to a legion based expansion.. I think it will be amazing if they make a legion based expansion like with TBC.. Sick of being on Azeroth i wantz me a new planet to explore or a redone outland..
    Last edited by mmoc7c417b0bc4; 2013-09-21 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds pretty similar to Catacylsm honestly, i'm tierd of the dragon storyline.

Recyclement.

All this was tightly packed with Dragon Soul. Murozond, corrupted Nozdormu / Nozdormu went insane doesn't really have had any impact on the current situation/version of Azeroth. With the exception of showing players Azerothian history. Well we sort of acquired the actual Dragon Soul through the timeway means, which was kinda weird anyway. Murozond was Nozdormu, end of story.

And after Dragon Soul the dragon aspects actually said that their job on this planet is done and this planet's future is now our concern. Now that we've dealt with remains of Y'shaarj in Pandaria, yet another old god corrupting nublets (this time Garrosh), only remaining threat to Azeroth safety is the Burning Legion and it's extensions Queen Azshara, Kil'jaeden and a bunch of his dreadlords, and eventually Sargeras. Only other thing known at the moment is N'zoth, Deathwings possible corruptor and Emerald nightmare, but if i remember correctly during Firelands Cenarius and Malfurion returned from Emerald Dream and it was in a state of okay (as in dealt with) at that moment. The Nightmare that is, not N'zoth, he's sleeping ageless sleep in the bottom of the ocean corrupting, waiting for someone to create a raid instance for him. Where he gets vanquished by bunch of dwarfs.

More old gods may lay in the core of the planet, since the Mantid worship them and have had a big influence in Pandaria, as the Mogu have been related to the Titans.
    Titans are only known to be neutral or affiliated with Azeroth with the exception of Sargeras, so I assume the rest of them would be on our side in a fight against Sargeras.

Caverns of time instances have provided a nice look in to the past of this planet, but we've seen so much of it already, i don't know if there's that much to be told anymore. Wars have come and gone and may still have a place in a minor raid patch, just not entire expansion. Recycling old raid content to be seen by everyone, i don't see any reason to do so.. Everyone can go and do the old raids now and see the content themselves ( I mean it's not that hard, takes an hour max per instance, I pretty much clear every existing raid instance, weekly, still, solo or with a small group), they don't need an update to current date since most of the villains are eternally banished or deceased. There must always be Lich King and Tempest Keep was merely a setback etc..

Regarding troll patches, they've been the most enjoyable content throughout but at the moment they've also served their purpose, trolls have been vanquished.

With Blizzard remaining on a positive side of WoWs success at the moment, next expansion will only prolong the eventually waiting final war against Burning Legion, unless 90-100 actually is it and the end of this game.
    There are still antagonists and smaller evil in the history of Azeroth, but they are more or less all deceased in the current timeframe, which means they are subject only to Caverns of Time visits.

I'd say it's time to conclude the last missing piece and explain the Titans and give us Sargeras head on a platter with some mashed potatoes and mustard and weeners.
    We signaled Titans already during Ulduar with Algalon, how long does it take them to get their asses here? Get on your spaceships and get your vacation on Azeroth on.

And in my opinion them demons should invade Azeroth, not Outland redone, Burning Legion as antagonist was and is a nice concept it was just completely ruined by the experience in Outland the raid content after Karazhan just went weird (challenging and true raid content, but still completely weird), orange spacejumpsuits as gear drops etc and it returned with Sunwell in to the more suitable state. Well it was in another planet / dimension, Twisting Nether. Thankfully we didn't build space rockets and fly to the moon, but we had the Portal! or as it's later to become known "the great place to gank lvl 58s and waste your time".

Just use the content that's already there, just doing nothing, recycling in a good way, if there's one. New 90-100 leveling zones, but the actual demon invasion should hit the entire azeroth, hard, get people out there. Timeless Isle has new tech, events, nothing new in many other mmos, but new in wow. They had that in a sort during the Gates of Ahn'qiraj happening, they tried to get it done during when Deathwing was back, by redoing old zones, heck we even had Zombie invasion event before WotLK, it just ended and cost us nothing. I'd say there's nothing to redo. Push millions and millions of demons and infernals to them woods and lands and make them literally rip everything apart unless someone stops them. Just total annihilation, if players don't do nothing, we'll get stuck with 2 completely plain continents (Kalimdor and EK) with nothing but dirt, endless and endless amount of dirt and desert or worse.. the entire Azeroth blows up like Draenor, or like Krypton in Superman or like Alderaan in Star Wars. Just *poof*.. where's your mmo now? Wanna do arena or bg? Wanna raid? Well you can't! Sargeras blew up your planet, while you just idled in Stormwind/Orgimmar showing your newest dance studio moves.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2013-09-22 at 12:35 AM.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Seems like Cataclysm, just with Nozdormu instead of Deathwing.
    Yeah, that seems to be the idea I'm getting from this too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara should not be wasted on a raid patch

Deleted
    While I certainly see the problems most people here are mentioning here (many raid bosses being obvious rehashes), I kinda like the idea itself (particularly the first ~half of your post) and wouldn't mind visiting 'Ancient Azeroth' (pre-Sundering, whole continent) at some point. Time travel has great potential (not only in WoW, but also other games, and movies etc.), but it's usually very hard to get it right. If it could come with great storywriting and a work-around to fighting bosses we've already fought, I think I'd like this better than any Legion or Emerald Dream expansion they could possibly make. But yeah, with great potential comes great risk. Nice idea, but probably wouldn't fit a game like World of Warcraft.

(Edited bonus thought: OLD AZSHARA TEAMS UP WITH NAGA AZSHARA. )

Azshara should not be wasted on a raid patch

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but 'Sands of Darkness' just sounds really awesome to me. I like the image of a desert of black sand. If you could work a black desert into a raid or even an entire zone, that'd be hot. Like, the final patched-in zone of the expansion is this immense black desert, an evil Infinite Dragonflight version of the caverns of time sort of place.

While time-travel is a great opportunity to revisit elements from the past, anything encountered within WoW itself would best be restricted to PvE questing or scenarios at most. Bringing in characters from the past would make for good quests, but dungeons and raids should involve material never before seen in WoW. One example would be traveling beneath Karazhan itself to face the possessed Medivh, which is an environment we haven't seen in WoW yet, an excellent opportunity to explore a pivotal moment of Warcraft history. Another would be the climactic battle at Blackrock Mountain between the Alliance and the Horde that set the stage for WC3 - that'd make a great scenario. And there's really ancient moments from the past, like Aegwynn's battle against Sargeras, another battle during the War of the Ancients, or the battle between the trolls and the aqir 16,000 years ago - turn that into a dungeon and you'll have the requisite troll content without needing to give them a patch (Wrath of the Lich King did the same thing, with Gun'Drak).

In terms of zones, one idea I've heard relating to a time travel expansion was to have a new 'continent' made up of multiple lands from multiple different time periods mashed together - the land you described in the OP appearing around the Maelstrom isn't a bad spot for it, but it could also exist in its own specific 'world,' like Outland did. The multi-timeline continent means you could go from one zone set 16,000 years in the past to another set 1,000, or even a zone set in the future.

Re.: patches, I wouldn't shoe-horn in anything you don't want to see - like I said, Wrath got by without a troll patch just fine. Though exploring the height of the troll empire pre-Sundering could be cool, but that could be done in a timeline specific zone. And personally I think Azshara could carry an entire expansion by herself - you could perhaps use time-travel to explore her pact with the Old Gods that created the naga. That'd be a moment I'd like to see more of. Overall though I think a different threat for the middle patch would be a better idea.

I don't mind fighting Nozdormu as a final boss as long as it makes for the capstone to a good story. We got hints at the end of Cataclysm that Murozond was trying to make his future come to pass to avoid something even worse, so maybe the final 'zone' could be a peek at this.

bullshit ...

Mod Edit: Please contribute constructively when posting.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-09-22 at 09:34 AM.

Please, no more fighting the same bosses over and over again. Unless Blizzard is going to turn said boss into a meme or something, making each subsequent encounter even more ridiculous.

Example: Lizard Zombie Mechano-Onyxia wearing a tutu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Quite possibly the easiest guess you could make. I think WotLK is the only expansion that hasn't pulled a "Surprise! More trolls!" patch. Though I guess arguably the whole Argent tournament patch was just Blizzard trolling players.
    I liked Argent Tournament patch, just not running the same raid so many damn times.

And I too am tired of trolls. I thought I was safe this expansion on a BRAND NEW, RECENTLY DISCOVERED CONTINENT but noooo...... D:

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of an appearing landmass on the maelstroms location by time rifts could work, but if you want an Emerald dream as well it's kinda odd. Then you would have two alternate versions of Azeroth and that might be confusing.

Deleted
    OP, my version of the next expansion is EXACTLY the same like yours.
    Except with one little difference - there will be a phase-in/out item, and in one of the phases you will be back in time, seeing the old stormwind, old unraped vanilla territories, etc, and in the other phase you will be in the current time. Think of it - they have been pushing phasing and phasing-related technology since woltk. Not only that, but think of this - promising the players to return their old territories in a new expansion will be something huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I don't know why, but 'Sands of Darkness' just sounds really awesome to me. I like the image of a desert of black sand. If you could work a black desert into a raid or even an entire zone, that'd be hot. Like, the final patched-in zone of the expansion is this immense black desert, an evil Infinite Dragonflight version of the caverns of time sort of place.

While time-travel is a great opportunity to revisit elements from the past, anything encountered within WoW itself would best be restricted to PvE questing or scenarios at most. Bringing in characters from the past would make for good quests, but dungeons and raids should involve material never before seen in WoW. One example would be traveling beneath Karazhan itself to face the possessed Medivh, which is an environment we haven't seen in WoW yet, an excellent opportunity to explore a pivotal moment of Warcraft history. Another would be the climactic battle at Blackrock Mountain between the Alliance and the Horde that set the stage for WC3 - that'd make a great scenario. And there's really ancient moments from the past, like Aegwynn's battle against Sargeras, another battle during the War of the Ancients, or the battle between the trolls and the aqir 16,000 years ago - turn that into a dungeon and you'll have the requisite troll content without needing to give them a patch (Wrath of the Lich King did the same thing, with Gun'Drak).

In terms of zones, one idea I've heard relating to a time travel expansion was to have a new 'continent' made up of multiple lands from multiple different time periods mashed together - the land you described in the OP appearing around the Maelstrom isn't a bad spot for it, but it could also exist in its own specific 'world,' like Outland did. The multi-timeline continent means you could go from one zone set 16,000 years in the past to another set 1,000, or even a zone set in the future.

Re.: patches, I wouldn't shoe-horn in anything you don't want to see - like I said, Wrath got by without a troll patch just fine. Though exploring the height of the troll empire pre-Sundering could be cool, but that could be done in a timeline specific zone. And personally I think Azshara could carry an entire expansion by herself - you could perhaps use time-travel to explore her pact with the Old Gods that created the naga. That'd be a moment I'd like to see more of. Overall though I think a different threat for the middle patch would be a better idea.

I don't mind fighting Nozdormu as a final boss as long as it makes for the capstone to a good story. We got hints at the end of Cataclysm that Murozond was trying to make his future come to pass to avoid something even worse, so maybe the final 'zone' could be a peek at this.
    I love kara and we could revisit it in a legion based expansion since kara is a nexus of power in Azeroth and we see quite a lot of demon activity in the upper levels of the tower..

We have been getting time travel in almost every expansion.. TBC had the first caverns of time instances.. Wrath had more instances in the CoT.. In cata again you go back to various points in time to get the dragon soul to stop murozond etc..

The game needs fresh stuff.. And that would be either a full on exploration of a new set of islands with naga themed stuff and Azshara as the final boss(I swear if blizz makes her a mid tier boss it will be the most stupid idea ever) or what i would perfer a revamp of outland and a new world to explore..

You have to keep in mind Metzen admited that the dranei have been ignored almost completely after TBC and that they need love.. The best way to do it would be with a legion base expansion.. And rember when metzen asked if we wanted to go back to outland again and everyone roared when they were doing the presentation of Mists?
    He said the only reason they havent gone back its cause a lot of the team thinks that WoW being a fantasy game shouldnt have to many Si-Fi stuff.. But Metzen loves the SI-FI stuff and will probably push for a alien like world full of demons..

kinda felt like i was reading bad fan fiction
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    it's kind of a cool idea, not sure if there is enough content there for an entire expansion... but a time travel based "tier" of content could be uber cool.

keep up the good work
    Hi

Deleted
    Murozond is dead, we killed him last expansion so this is just a troll thread n should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it's kind of a cool idea, not sure if there is enough content there for an entire expansion... but a time travel based "tier" of content could be uber cool.

keep up the good work

Yes you had some good thoughts in here--the raid encounters in particular sounded nice, and the way that the story organically led up to that point. It would also be pretty amazing to walk around the city Azshara like a hub---we got to see some of it in Hour of Twilight and it sure was gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Murozond is dead, we killed him last expansion so this is just a troll thread n should be closed.
    unless he's alive in another time and jumps forward?
    Hi

first thing i thought of was the rebooted star trek reboot of Wrath of Khan... all in all .. a whole lot of rebooting going on