Deadly Boss Mods not autoloading

Hey all,

I don't know what caused this, but as of late DBM has not been autoloading its raid/dungeon/scenario boss mods by itself when I zone into them, or world boss mods when I hover over them. Whenever I type /dbm in game and try to load the addons from there, i get the error message: "Error while loading boss mods for <<mod>>: Disabled" The only way I can get the mods to load is by doing it from the character screen.

I tried looking up if anyone else had a similar issue and all I could find was this thread on DBM's forums, that was kind of vague to me on what cache and LUA folders they suggested deleting:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f104/t132902...not_seem_load/

I've uninstalled all my DBM mods (PvP, Cata, WotLK, etc) and just installed the core mod for MoP, and still getting this problem. Any idea what I should be doing to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Any of the following should be done while the game is not running.

If you are installing/uninstalling via the curse client, then you will be prompted to delete the saved variables for the addon when you uninstall it.
    The default is to delete them, as shown by the checkbox on the uninstall confirmation.

The cache folder can be according to what I read be located in upto three locations, with perhaps only one of those locations being the one where it is actually caching.

First is the folder where the game is actually installed.
    Delete the contents of the Cache folder.

Second is the Virtual Store. (Vista, Windows 7 (not sure about Windows 8))
    Start Button - Run - %localappdata%\Virtual Store
    Open that folder and browse to the Program Files (or Program Files (x86), perhaps only on a 64-bit OS) folder and see if that contains a World of Warcraft\Cache Folder.
    If that is present, then delete the contents of the Cache folder.

The third seems to be in the Public Documents folder in (usually drive C) \Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Cache.
    Delete the contents of the Cache folder.

You could try running the game in-between those should it be found in more than one location, to see which is the culprit.
    Or check the file modified dates to see if one of the folders is obviously the one being written to.
    The files in the \wdb folder are a likely candidate, as some of those are cleared manually for the functionality of NPCScan.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-21 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks for that ComputerNerd!

I uninstalled DBM through Curse and deleted the variables then followed the other 3 steps.

Deleted all the contents of the WoW cache folder. Virtual Store had a file called BackgroundDownload in the cache that I also deleted. There was no cache folder in the Public Documents folder.

Unfortunately, after re-installing DBM core the problem still persists. I've zoned into dungeons, and checked world bosses and nothing would auto-load. As well as loading them through /DBM would still not work.

Oddly enough, the DBM button won't popup on my SexyMap despite toggling the option for it to be always appeared.

If its anything, my other addons include: NPCScan & Overlay, MikScrollingBattleText, Omen, oQueue, Recount, and SexyMap. All have been updated for the newest patch using Curse client.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the same addons that you list with the exception of oQueue. That being said, I would disable that one and check your DBM and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    I use the same addons that you list with the exception of oQueue. That being said, I would disable that one and check your DBM and go from there.
    I usually have oQueue disabled, but I'll uninstall it just to see if it helps.

EDIT: Uninstalled oQueue, as well as completely deleted my WTF > Account > <NAME> folder to see if that was the problem. Re-installed DBM core and the issue still persists.

I know its a minor issue since I can still activate the sub mods from the char screen, but I'd rather have it work like it used to :\
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-09-22 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried disabling all other addons, only keeping DBM on and see if the problem is still there? It sounds to me like you've tried all the normal approaches to reinstalling a failing addon only to keep having the same issue. It just seems like it's a conflict with another addon somewhere.

Just disabled all the addons except for DBM core. Issue still persists :\

Zoning into dungeons & raids, as well as trying to manually load the add-on through DBM (and getting an error message) still doesn't load the necessary mods.

I've posted on the DBM help forum with this issue, hopefully a dev can help me out. Still appreciate all the help from this thread though!

EDIT: Got a reply, seems it is an intended change to DBM:

You're saying it won't load your disabled mods? that's an intended change. if they are disabled they will no longer auto load, ever. Because mods are load on demand, if you intend to use them, do not disable them in blizzard addons, at all
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-09-22 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem here, no autoload and i "feel" low dps when dbm is on after 5.4 ( when shapeshift ), deleted dbm and installed bigwigs for now.

PS: sorry my english

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having the same issue intermittently since 5.4, as well as a few of my guild mates. Especially on my alts, I'll have to manually Load the instance addon when I zone in and then either relog or reload my UI. It usually works after that.

Yeah apparently you just have to have all of the boss mods enabled on the char screen now, but they wont take any game memory until you're in the raid/dungeon/scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    Yeah apparently you just have to have all of the boss mods enabled on the char screen now, but they wont take any game memory until you're in the raid/dungeon/scenario.
    It's always been that way in both BW and DBM. You're not meant to disable zone-specific addons, they are ALL load-on-demand. i.e. they only load when entering the zone. As far as I can see the only thing different here in DBM is that they are giving you a warning for disabling the zone addons, which you should never do, unless you have no wish to see timers in that zone.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...