5.4 Healing Calculator Stat Weighting (Holy)

(I posted this over on H2P, but patience most definitely isn't a strong point for me).

So the other night I received a normal mode Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity and found it provided me much more mana on average than I was expecting (using a heroic HLG for my second trinket)... Because of this I decided to drop down from 17k Spirit (Holy) to 15k and started gemming Intellect to replace the Spirit.

Here's where I am a bit confused... When I go to Adinne's page and import my toon from the armory and check the HPS of each spell in the Delta Viewer, it shows mastery as being weighted significantly higher than Intellect (after doubling the secondary stat). Intellect being ~1.3 and Mastery being ~1.6. I've always followed the guideline that 1 Intellect > 2 Mastery... So what's going on here? I would understand going Intellect over Mastery if they were close to each other (since Mastery doesn't affect Lightspring, Sanctuary, or Renew) but a .3 weighting difference seems pretty large to me. Especially considering that I won't be getting four part tier until after the dps (and I'm not using Sanctuary too often until then) and Renew is a minimal portion of my healing done.

The main negatives I see with Mastery is that it has a greater chance to overheal and I lose a small increase to Lightspring (and Lightspring has been wonderful in progression, don't get me wrong)... But to be honest... While working on heroic progression Echo of Light is often in the top three spells (if not the top) for healing done by me (while Lightspring floats around #7 - #10 in most fights). I'm kind of tempted to drop a little Intellect (I have ~31k Int in a raid and ~52k Spell Power) and bringing my Mastery up from around 28% unbuffed (dropped a little cause I'm experimenting with the 4721 Haste breakpoint) to 33% or so.

Any thoughts?

P.S.
    25 man btw.

P.P.S.
    Link to Adinne's Calculator - www.healadinne.com/HealCalc/healcalc.html

I regularly see lightspring/sanctuary/renew under 5% healing & EoL @ 20%+. Mastery is tremendous during progression, though it generally becomes worse and worse during farm unless you drop healers/start ignoring certain mechanics/etc. For Holy I prefer ~16-18K spi/~5K hst/rest mastery, for Disc I usually drop to around 11-12K spi and pump crit. I would drop int for mastery in the scenario you outlined. Also, im pretty bad with math so I don't have the numbers supporting this that you probably sought from h2p.. just my experience playing with ratings/anecdotal evidence from my raids.

I don't know what led you to believe that 1 Int > 2 Secondary, Mastery and Haste for Holy have both outweighed Int at that ratio.

Lightwell, Sanctuary, and Renew should be a very minor part of your healing. It doesn't make sense to gear around those spells. Also, for a heroic progressing 25man, you're using Lightspring instead of Lightwell? That's silly.

If you're gemming for throughput it should be 320 Mastery in yellow, 80 Int/160 Mast in red, 160 Mast/160 Spirit in blue. Once you get 4 piece, I could see a haste/mast or haste/spirit build working out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
    I don't know what led you to believe that 1 Int > 2 Secondary, Mastery and Haste for Holy have both outweighed Int at that ratio.

Lightwell, Sanctuary, and Renew should be a very minor part of your healing. It doesn't make sense to gear around those spells. Also, for a heroic progressing 25man, you're using Lightspring instead of Lightwell? That's silly.

If you're gemming for throughput it should be 320 Mastery in yellow, 80 Int/160 Mast in red, 160 Mast/160 Spirit in blue. Once you get 4 piece, I could see a haste/mast or haste/spirit build working out as well.

Thinking back... I'm actually unsure where I came across that flawed knowledge. I guess I've been gemming Spirit as Holy for so long (entire expansion) that I hadn't been giving much thought to what I'd gem for when I finally reached the point where I was comfortable with my regen.

As I said before... Lightspring, Sanc, and Renew ARE a very small portion of my healing. When I was experimenting with the 4721 Haste breakpoint I was doing so mainly for the decrease in my PoH cast time... The extra ticks from LW, Sanc, and Renew were just a small added bonus.

For now I've decided to go back to gemming for Spirit (Sparkling in Blues, Purified in Reds, and Zens in Yellow) while using two pure Mastery gems in the Prismatics I have available (can't drop my Spirit low enough otherwise). From there I dropped back down to the 3039 Haste breakpoint (I'll probably go back to 4721 Haste after I receive four part tier as I'll be using Sanctuary much more often and I've found Renew to be an excellent filler spell to fish for Surge of Light procs which should be wonderful with two part tier). I then reforged into Mastery on the few pieces that didn't have it and reforged out of Spirit until I reached about 15.5k.

Final results are I went from (unbuffed) ~ 27k Intellect, 4721 Haste, 17k Spirit and 28% Mastery... to ~ 26k Intellect, 3039 Haste, 15.5k Spirit, and 35% Mastery.

This should allow me to not only have near optimal results as Holy... But I should also be able to reforge every bit of Spirit into Crit while leaving my gems alone when I run Disc and still feel effective (I've found 8500 - 9500 Spirit as Disc sufficient for heroic progression with two regen trinkets and the Meta).

P.S.
    I understand that Lightwell provides 50% more healing than Lightspring (when it's used) as well as allowing your raid to choose when to use it... But it really hasn't caught on just yet with my raid group. Besides that... Our raid is very rarely in need of another planned cooldown and are much more prone to take random spike damage from failed mechanics during progression (in which Lightspring performs well without needing any thought from the person in danger). I'd like to start using it more, but alas it just doesn't look to be in the cards atm.
    Last edited by fixall; 2013-09-23 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

If you're gemming for throughput it should be 320 Mastery in yellow, 80 Int/160 Mast in red, 160 Mast/160 Spirit in blue.
    Care to post some math supporting this?