Why are instance servers constantly down?

Why is it almost daily that your character is stuck on loading screens / you can not enter raids / you can not resurrect due to instance not found etc.
    What is Blizzard changing constantly? When the game works, let it be, no need to tune it if they only are able to cause problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they have absolutely no clue what they're doing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully I've never run into that. I mean I've had the instance not found thing happen a few times, but it's a very rare occurrence.

Its not like its constantly down" Appearantly there was some issues first arriving in 5.4 and only affected a few people, but today it exploaded and hundreds of thousands players were unable to play tonight on EU servers. No word or fix from Blizzard, instead they locked the ongoing discussion thread. That is not the way to handle things. . .

Well am playing since the beginning and still remember when the maintenance in EU was on Friday and quite often continue to evening or even Saturday. In the years they become quite good with maintenance and occasional problems and i thought that they are one of the best in terms of support.
    This summer i bought Guild Wars 2. What is struck me is how flawlessly and smooth goes things there ! No every week maintenance, patching is so simple - just a server restart and you are logged again in a minute.And they have content patches every 2 weeks....
    I know WOW have quite a lot of players compared to GW2 but come on, after so many years experience in the market things like this are very lame.

They are probably working hard in the connected realm feature. They cant just add it without some test and tweaks.

Garrosh did it.

It's because of the new patch that there is so many people on that it crashes their servers at times, it usually happens when the servers just come back up and everyone is logging back on.

I haven't experienced this problem since, like, Cataclysm.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Because they have absolutely no clue what they're doing.
    Are you seriously trying to argue that Blizzard has "no clue" what they're doing? You sound like a spoiled brat.

This game has amazing uptime and functions almost flawlessly 99% of the time.

I can't even imagine the technical logistics of running a game this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I haven't experienced this problem since, like, Cataclysm.
    Since patch day 4 my chars got stuck.. During first week I couldn't even try Celesital Tournament, cause of the DC at 90%.. Later my only 2 lv 90 got stuck for a total of 3 days.. On Wednesday, 2 our raiders got stuck during corpse run in SoO - they waited 1 day to get unstuck..
    Yesterday I couldn't do BGs, DC at 90%... Ye patch 5.4 broke something really, really bad..
    And the worst days seem to be weekends and raid reset day, when the most people play the game and use instance/BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Its not like its constantly down" Appearantly there was some issues first arriving in 5.4 and only affected a few people, but today it exploaded and hundreds of thousands players were unable to play tonight on EU servers. No word or fix from Blizzard, instead they locked the ongoing discussion thread. That is not the way to handle things. . .
    Sometimes you just need people to shut ******* up so that you can do your work properly.

Seriously, do you really believe they aren't aware of the problem, doing nothing, putting on a smiling face and play cards to kill time? I'm not one to defend Blizzard normally but assuming such things is just as bad. You'll have to accept that there are issues that can't be handled by simply replugging a cable. I'd rather have them working on that than playing baby sitter on the forums, really.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.