Confused about ilvl scaling.

So i just got my grievous trinket and it works fully in pvp, yet my 498 wep still is being scaled down to 496?

Blizzard needs to be more upfront about all this. Like when are they gonna allow grievous weps, 3 weeks, 4 weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

is this seriously only happening to me? Every bg i join my wep has (498) like this, and scaled down to 496. I just watched a livestream and the guys weapon said 498 straight up, not scaled down at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got into a arathi basin and my weapon is full power here so its definitely a bug.

Twin peaks, gilneas are confirmed buggy and are wrongly scaling down pvp weapons. Ill post here if i find more are doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW found another bug. Grievous trinket is proccing around 300 str less than what it says on the tooltip, but it isnt saying its being scaled down on the tooltip.

3670-Wording on trinket
    3344 Str-Actual proc

Ugh blizzard, massive fail.

Have you looked at your strenght stat before and after proc to confirm it's actually 3344 and not 3670?

Ill try but with all the procs and buffs and spellsteals that could get tricky

- - - Updated - - -

So weird....

I unclicked all my buffs and had 14,200 str.

Used trinket and had 17,712.....giving me 3512 str difference, neither of which are what the trinket says nor the proc lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Just used trinket outside of a bg and its giving full proc and the proc tooltip matches the item tooltip.

TLDR: Pvp gear is still getting scaled down, to what tho?...no one knows.

I can't confirm on trinkets right now but I can confirm the weapon issue. The funny thing is it only seems to be affecting weapons gained last season. If you buy a Tyrannical weapon with honor from this season it doesn't scale down. So my guess is the coding on the two different kinds of weapons is off; which was also my thought when I visited the honor vendor on my shaman once I was able to buy weapons (I already had last season's weapons, I just needed a few more off-pieces) and outfitter was trying to say my weapons were "missing" (sort of like when you change their enchants) after I visited the vendor.

Also, in regards to your STR; your STR is going to be modified by your armor specialization (5% extra STR) so that's why that number is off (in terms of it being higher at least).

Noooo dude, the trinket is being scaled down. I used it outside the bg and the proc tooltip and the actual strengh its giving matches the item tooltip.

As for the weapon it seems to depend on what bg you are in. AB it works fine, twin peaks and gilneas are scaling down to 496 still.

This is still happening btw, when is blizzard gonna fix it? They know right, i mean i did all i can and submitted a bug report.

Knew i wasnt crazy, they hotfixed it yesterday:

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    Grievous Gladiator weapons have a level requirement of 90 once more.
    PvP on-use trinket effects should no longer incorrectly scale down while in a Battleground, Rated Battleground, or Arena.