[Video] Effectiveness of Subliminal Advertising

I was discussing this with my GF and she does not believe me that messages delivered to her subconscious mind cause her to do things she would otherwise not do. Granted I don't believe it is 100% effective as you could be advertised to buy a yacht but you are not going to do that without millions of dollars but simple shit like what I plan to do should work every time especially if it is something she likes doing.

So my idea is to have a message flash across the screen at 1/100 of a second several times a second while we watch a movie. Now I am unsure how effective this method is but I figured it would be the easiest to perform in the short amount of time I have to pull it off. The message reads "Bake Cake". To my understanding she will do 1 of 3 things, bake a cake, bake anything, or do something with a cake.

I am wondering if using her favorite color to display the message would effect this or if any color effects this. Also if it should be centered or randomly displayed across the screen.

Also while testing I can see the message flash if I focus. I also know it is there too. As long as I am not paying attention though and just generally watching the screen I can't see it flash across.

Any thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are three flowers in a vase, the third flower is green.

Subliminal advertisements are everywhere.
    Hi

I would have gone with something other than "bake cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I would have gone with something other than "bake cake"
    I am not trying to take advantage of the situation, not to mention it would be illegal to brainwash her into submission.