Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Askmrrobot ingame addon

So i know blizz has said that all addons for WoW have to be free from what i remeber i may be wrong on this . if so why can askmrrobot make me pay for using thier addon or is it becasue the addon is free just usless unless your a premium sunscriber to there site . Also is there a way to use the addon without paying .

10+ Year Old Account
    as I know addon is free for use. I use it without any kind of paying. jJust download and install.

Thunder, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The addon is completely free and bringing your shopping list into it is also completely free Hope you enjoy it!
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

you don't pay to use their addon, you pay to use premium features on their website.

The addon is free of charge, but selected services on the website are not.
    It is a more confusing issue when you look at levelling guides in the form of addons, some of which are charged for.
    However I think the addon itself in those cases is available free of charge, it only being the guide part itself being paid for.
    Since that is just data used by the addon, and not an addon itself then I think they get away with that.

While I love this addon, I think its the death knell for reforging (and hopefully hit/exp.)

Going to a website, importing a string and having the process fully automated is something blizzard hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    While I love this addon, I think its the death knell for reforging (and hopefully hit/exp.)

Going to a website, importing a string and having the process fully automated is something blizzard hates.
    The issue being that blizzard made in-game mechanisms which contradict their own principles.
    The fact that you should be able to "eyeball" an item of gear, look at it without the aid of any extra tools and see if it is likely to be an upgrade or not.
    Without reforging you could simply look for certain stats being present or not, and in sufficient amounts.
    Not so easy now.

You only have to pay to use the "Best in bags" feature, which allows you to upload your bag/bank contents data to the website and it will create the best gearset for you. The reforge import feature is free and it works great. I do find the addon very annoying though, it pops up when I go to AH or when I check my gem sockets saying "100% optimal!".... ok well thanks for that Mr Robot but I don't need you now, If I need you I will open up....

100% optimal!

Ok then I'l turn you off until I need you again Mr Robot.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I use this add0n without paying. I love it. Though i am trying to decide if i should go for the second haste cap on my restoration druid or stay at the first cap, and if i did change to the second how i would set the addon to reforge for that and not the first

Quote Originally Posted by Aikeiko View Post
    I use this add0n without paying. I love it. Though i am trying to decide if i should go for the second haste cap on my restoration druid or stay at the first cap, and if i did change to the second how i would set the addon to reforge for that and not the first
    if u want to go for the 2nd cap you just gotta hit "edit weights" then click on "change soft cap" and simply click the cap you want (on the website ofc) and import the string to the addon...

btw i love that addon!!

Deleted
    dont use this kind of addons who the hell needs mrrobot to set gear right? learn to do it yourself...... they should ban all these reforge crap addons

Hey Bigbazz, we added in a feature to let you turn the popup function off. If you go to the blizzard interface menu, go to the addon tab. There's options there to control the windows. It's new - added it in sometime last week
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    dont use this kind of addons who the hell needs mrrobot to set gear right? learn to do it yourself...... they should ban all these reforge crap addons
    If you want to be playing worse than you could, then yeah you can do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If you want to be playing worse than you could, then yeah you can do it yourself.
    For the most part I eye ball the stats based on shared values or that of my simmed character and it is good enough for the vast majority of content. Reforging is also somewhat cheap if I want to play around with some stats. Too many players focus on that 1% gain when they could gain 10% from better play and even then there are very good websites and programs that can do the bulk of the thinking and stat holding for you without having to use an ingame addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I find that most presets for stats are kind of sheit and/or not my play-style (tanking) I really like the algorithm behind the page. The premium features especially are really handy (upgrades by margin, burden and the best in bags feature) it is well worth the 1 or 2 bucks a month... I mean I lose more change than that per month.
    The best in bags feature is the main selling point for me tbh. I struggled alot reforging and optimizing my Damage off specc and sometimes main tanking Items are just better than the 20 ilevel less alternative. AMR respects that this is just my off specc and it doesn't reforge regem or reenchant those tank items and get its head around that. A feature I have not seen in any other reforge addon/side.

My 2 cents
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

I used to do everything myself. But the micromanagement of reforging + gems is just too much of a hassle for miniscule improvements, though. And in the end, the robot does it faster than me, with better results. Are they off sometimes? Sure. But I can adjust the weights to my liking. Basically the robot is doing all these calculations I'd do myself and will get me the same result, only I take a lot longer to do that. Knowing what the numbers mean is still important, but it's not the robot's fault that people don't know what they're doing.

Well Sir, look at your Hit-Rating.

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Well Sir, look at your Hit-Rating.
    this is pretty epic

Because using a calculator is so bad.

Also, judging by that armory in your sig, you're the poster child for why eyeballing reforges is a stupid idea.

Deleted
    Question has been answered. Thread closed.