Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hope its something completely unexpected, but also really cool.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Burning Legion. Before people flip their shit about "OMG WE COULD NEVER FIGHT SARGERAS SO SOON!" the expansion doesn't NEED to have us fight Sargeras to be ABOUT the Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden could easily carry an entire expansion.

Reasons why I believe a Maelstrom expansion would be a bad idea right now:
    1) Wrathion had us all crapping ourselves about the Burning Legion's arrival. They going to put that on the backburner and just pretend they suddenly aren't a threat when we've done absolutely nothing towards preventing or generally preparing for their invasion, or just try and keep us going "oh shit oh shit oh shit" for another entire expansion while we deal with some other huge threat?
    2) We've spent three consecutive expansions tooling around with the old gods and their crap. One expansion was ALREADY pretty much all about N'zoth. And people think the idea is "fresh" and "new?" The last time we dealt with the Burning Legion in any large way was in Burning Crusade
    3) We've had absolutely no precursor to a N'zoth/Azshara-type invasion. No naga invasions. No weird tidal stuff. No old god tentacles exploding out everywhere. Meanwhile, we've had a huge build up to a burning legion invasion. Are N'zoth and Azshara randomly going to pop up out of nowhere and start doing shit? And if they do, I refer you back to 1)

People say "oh well Azshara and N'zoth are out there and we need to deal with them!" So? We know the Burning Legion is out there too, still very much planning Azeroth's doom.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i really hope the dark below is confirmed as fake so that it goes down as one of the biggest trolls in wow history.
    Why would you want that to happen?! The Dark Below sounds like a really awesome idea! Imagine it, steam punk styled under water (with out swimming) expansion, with a teir patch being the Emerald Dream. Very dark, very scary with old gods, Naga, sea giants, and krakens. If this xpac is real it will be super awesome! Think Bioshock meets WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kergian View Post
    It looks to me like they are setting Jaina as the next baddie .... shes acting like garosh did during wrath
    Yep and then Alliance will complain about having to kill a leader (Blizzard hates them) while Horde will complain the expansion has nothing to do with them (Blizzard hates them.) Maybe the reversal of roles will teach people that nobody is actually favored and make them shut up.

More to the point though, whatever the next expansion is, I hope it has a bit more suspense. This one was pretty much told before it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my Argent buddies can't wait for Siege of Undercity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Why would you want that to happen?! The Dark Below sounds like a really awesome idea! Imagine it, steam punk styled under water (with out swimming) expansion, with a teir patch being the Emerald Dream. Very dark, very scary with old gods, Naga, sea giants, and krakens. If this xpac is real it will be super awesome! Think Bioshock meets WoW!
    We had an entire expansion not that long ago with Dark, scaly, old god, naga, sea giant, kraken stuff in it.

Meanwhile, we've been told the Burning Legion is poised to invade for the entire expansion and most people are like "oh that's probably nothing, but that one quest chain that was open ended in Vashj'ir... THAT'S the story we need to follow!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We had an entire expansion not that long ago with Dark, scaly, old god, naga, sea giant, kraken stuff in it.

Meanwhile, we've been told the Burning Legion is poised to invade for the entire expansion and most people are like "oh that's probably nothing, but that one quest chain that was open ended in Vashj'ir... THAT'S the story we need to follow!"
    Wrathion was playing both sides and deceiving us so we would conquer one another. Plus lots of stuff hints that there is time before The Legions arrival. So there will be demons, but not just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Wrathion was playing both sides and deceiving us so we would conquer one another. Plus lots of stuff hints that there is time before The Legions arrival. So there will be demons, but not just yet.
    If you actually paid attention to Wrathion's interactions with the Celestials, particularly Chiji, he's pretty clearly scared of the Burning Legion and legitimately, honestly, hoping the planet will be able to deal with them because he can't. His voice almost cracked when talking about how depressing it was.

This "Wrathion is bad because that's more interesting" bit doesn't fit wtih the in-game dialog.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the immense amount of foreshadowing in-game and with the Shaohao mini-series, I'm going to have to say Burning Legion. They're coming, and we're not ready. We're going to need to find some seriously divine help or we're screwed. It's also been a long time since they've featured the Legion, and every expansion since TBC has had Old Gods in it somehow:
    WotLK-Ulduar+Yogg Saron+Ahn'Kahet+Faceless ones+Nerubians
    Cataclysm-Deathwing, N'Zoth, Servants of the Old Gods
    MoP-Sha, Y'Shaarj
    X6- Really, more Old Gods?

I don't buy the Dark Below. Even if it is the correct title, I would think that Blizzard would be ready to touch on the endless legion of demons that are bearing down on Azeroth. Wrathion isn't going to be like, "Hey guys JK about them being five miles away, they're actually a few months away, so yeah go deal with Azshara and stuff."

Wrathion is FUBAR, off the wall, scared shitless, because he knows the Legion is on his doorstep. Being the guardian of Azeroth, he will play a big part in the reconstruction of the last titan and relations with the Pantheon.

EDIT: May I also say that I really hope the Titans are featured in the next expac? It's been forever since they said they'd like to touch upon their legend.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion will be about $40.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    With the immense amount of foreshadowing in-game and with the Shaohao mini-series, I'm going to have to say Burning Legion. They're coming, and we're not ready. We're going to need to find some seriously divine help or we're screwed. It's also been a long time since they've featured the Legion, and every expansion since TBC has had Old Gods in it somehow:
    WotLK-Ulduar+Yogg Saron+Ahn'Kahet+Faceless ones+Nerubians
    Cataclysm-Deathwing, N'Zoth, Servants of the Old Gods
    MoP-Sha, Y'Shaarj
    X6- Really, more Old Gods?

I don't buy the Dark Below. Even if it is the correct title, I would think that Blizzard would be ready to touch on the endless legion of demons that are bearing down on Azeroth. Wrathion isn't going to be like, "Hey guys JK about them being five miles away, they're actually a few months away, so yeah go deal with Azshara and stuff."

Wrathion is FUBAR, off the wall, scared shitless, because he knows the Legion is on his doorstep. Being the guardian of Azeroth, he will play a big part in the reconstruction of the last titan and relations with the Pantheon.

EDIT: May I also say that I really hope the Titans are featured in the next expac? It's been forever since they said they'd like to touch upon their legend.
    Azshara was responsible for opening the way for the demons last time. She's absolutely wound into the burning legion story arc.

We are unlikely to find ourselves "strong" enough to fight the burning legion directly as things sit. We're pretty badass but I think another expansion of "power gains" before we go there. Beating the local demons may actually get people the demon hunter they so badly want - they emerge as the best fighters against the local bunch.

Personally my bets:
    Azshara
    MAJOR titan based upgrades

Maybe tinker.

Dark Below is 100% the next expansion. I'll happily open a book (bets) for it tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post

Dark Below is 100% the next expansion. I'll happily open a book (bets) for it tbh.
    The trademark application for The Dark Below was removed so I don't think it will be the next expansion.

I'm going to out on a limb and say next expansion is... level cap raised to 100

dark below (azshara, n'zoth) 90-95, fire above (burning legion) 95-100. Next expansion will be two expansions in 1. Two simultaneous fronts that we will ahve to battle through.

Levels and content will be unlocked in each patch.

This will transition wow into a new phase, in which there won't be any more "expansions" but rather new Patchspansions.