Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
i hope its something completely unexpected, but also really cool.
This week on my weekly podcast show, here, is Subway coffee better than regular coffee? ehhhh
I say Burning Legion. Before people flip their shit about "OMG WE COULD NEVER FIGHT SARGERAS SO SOON!" the expansion doesn't NEED to have us fight Sargeras to be ABOUT the Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden could easily carry an entire expansion.
Reasons why I believe a Maelstrom expansion would be a bad idea right now:
1) Wrathion had us all crapping ourselves about the Burning Legion's arrival. They going to put that on the backburner and just pretend they suddenly aren't a threat when we've done absolutely nothing towards preventing or generally preparing for their invasion, or just try and keep us going "oh shit oh shit oh shit" for another entire expansion while we deal with some other huge threat?
2) We've spent three consecutive expansions tooling around with the old gods and their crap. One expansion was ALREADY pretty much all about N'zoth. And people think the idea is "fresh" and "new?" The last time we dealt with the Burning Legion in any large way was in Burning Crusade
3) We've had absolutely no precursor to a N'zoth/Azshara-type invasion. No naga invasions. No weird tidal stuff. No old god tentacles exploding out everywhere. Meanwhile, we've had a huge build up to a burning legion invasion. Are N'zoth and Azshara randomly going to pop up out of nowhere and start doing shit? And if they do, I refer you back to 1)
People say "oh well Azshara and N'zoth are out there and we need to deal with them!" So? We know the Burning Legion is out there too, still very much planning Azeroth's doom.
More to the point though, whatever the next expansion is, I hope it has a bit more suspense. This one was pretty much told before it happened.
Me and my Argent buddies can't wait for Siege of Undercity!
Meanwhile, we've been told the Burning Legion is poised to invade for the entire expansion and most people are like "oh that's probably nothing, but that one quest chain that was open ended in Vashj'ir... THAT'S the story we need to follow!"
This "Wrathion is bad because that's more interesting" bit doesn't fit wtih the in-game dialog.
With the immense amount of foreshadowing in-game and with the Shaohao mini-series, I'm going to have to say Burning Legion. They're coming, and we're not ready. We're going to need to find some seriously divine help or we're screwed. It's also been a long time since they've featured the Legion, and every expansion since TBC has had Old Gods in it somehow:
WotLK-Ulduar+Yogg Saron+Ahn'Kahet+Faceless ones+Nerubians
Cataclysm-Deathwing, N'Zoth, Servants of the Old Gods
X6- Really, more Old Gods?
I don't buy the Dark Below. Even if it is the correct title, I would think that Blizzard would be ready to touch on the endless legion of demons that are bearing down on Azeroth. Wrathion isn't going to be like, "Hey guys JK about them being five miles away, they're actually a few months away, so yeah go deal with Azshara and stuff."
Wrathion is FUBAR, off the wall, scared shitless, because he knows the Legion is on his doorstep. Being the guardian of Azeroth, he will play a big part in the reconstruction of the last titan and relations with the Pantheon.
EDIT: May I also say that I really hope the Titans are featured in the next expac? It's been forever since they said they'd like to touch upon their legend.
The next expansion will be about $40.
We are unlikely to find ourselves "strong" enough to fight the burning legion directly as things sit. We're pretty badass but I think another expansion of "power gains" before we go there. Beating the local demons may actually get people the demon hunter they so badly want - they emerge as the best fighters against the local bunch.
Personally my bets:
MAJOR titan based upgrades
Dark Below is 100% the next expansion. I'll happily open a book (bets) for it tbh.
Originally Posted by BoubouilleOriginally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
I'm going to out on a limb and say next expansion is... level cap raised to 100
dark below (azshara, n'zoth) 90-95, fire above (burning legion) 95-100. Next expansion will be two expansions in 1. Two simultaneous fronts that we will ahve to battle through.
Levels and content will be unlocked in each patch.
This will transition wow into a new phase, in which there won't be any more "expansions" but rather new Patchspansions.