Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why does the Lock forum always has the most viewers?

    1) locks are awesome and contrary to popular belief, very active and social creatures

    2) locks are awesome and care a lot about the game and the community

    3) locks are awesome and more often than other classes stick to their class in ups and downs

    4) locks are awesome and instead of ranting and destroying keyboards alone at home they come here and provide constructive feedback on game balance

    (5 - other classes come here to find unbiased opinions or simply spy on us?!?)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    1) locks are awesome and contrary to popular belief, very active and social creatures

    2) locks are awesome and care a lot about the game and the community

    3) locks are awesome and more often than other classes stick to their class in ups and downs

    4) locks are awesome and instead of ranting and destroying keyboards alone at home they come here and provide constructive feedback on game balance

    (5 - other classes come here to find unbiased opinions or simply spy on us?!?)
    Requesting sticky... its true warlock's section seems the most mature but also displays the gap between good and bad players like no other class section.

  3. #3
    6) Warlocks are the strongest DPS class right now and everyone stacks them to make fights easier.

  4. #4
    Maybe Warlocks seem really OP & easy to play right now and everyone has started playing them, thus generating more interest in the forum?

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    99
    Or perhaps our classes are complicated enough between our five hundred spells, differing stat weights and flexibility towards encounters that we do a monstrous amount of theorycrafting?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Or perhaps our classes are complicated enough between our five hundred spells, differing stat weights and flexibility towards encounters that we do a monstrous amount of theorycrafting?
    Totally forgot. You're right, no other class does any theorycrafting. Just accept the fact that warlocks are just much stronger than any other class right now and that's why everyone is flocking around "your forums".

  7. #7
    Because they do massive reworks on our class from patch to patch and lots of people are struggling to keep up with the latest news.

  8. #8
    What about "everybody distrusts locks and wants to keep an eye on them"?

  9. #9
    Because we have more to talk about.

  10. #10
    Its probably because we're one of the most complex classes to play right now. People who have only ever played Warlock all talk about how easy it is (while rubbing their epeen, of course), but anyone who has actually played other specs knows that Warlock is, overall, the hardest class to play. Sure, there's a handful of specs that might be slightly more complex (Boomkin, Sub), but as a class its the toughest.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    Totally forgot. You're right, no other class does any theorycrafting. Just accept the fact that warlocks are just much stronger than any other class right now and that's why everyone is flocking around "your forums".
    No one said that the other classes don't do any theorycrafting. Warlocks received an overhaul greater than any other class in recent history. This leads to design changes and constant iteration by Blizzard, much like DK talent changes for Cataclysm or the DK introduction in Wrath. This makes our theorycrafting load heavier in most circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    Maybe Warlocks seem really OP & easy to play right now and everyone has started playing them, thus generating more interest in the forum?
    Warlocks are not both stronger and easier to play. Destruction is seen as easy to play because it requires fewer buttons than some others (though not on the 2-button Arcane level from expansions past). Warlocks are among the strongest classes, but are not the strongest in terms of DPS. The thing we've got going for us is that we have strong dps, good survivability, and also bring a good bit of utility to the raid.

    Affliction and Demonology both require a good bit of management to ensure that our DPS doesn't go down the tubes, and Destruction does require additional effort in making the best use of abilities to remain competitive.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Warlocks are not both stronger and easier to play. Destruction is seen as easy to play because it requires fewer buttons than some others (though not on the 2-button Arcane level from expansions past). Warlocks are among the strongest classes, but are not the strongest in terms of DPS. The thing we've got going for us is that we have strong dps, good survivability, and also bring a good bit of utility to the raid.
    Notice, that I said seem OP & easy. I am not making a judgement as to whether either of those are true, its just what I have read and my 68 year old father-in-law thought so enough to switch it to his main. He is doing pretty good on it too.


  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,637
    I remember when warrior forum had the most viewers for a looooong time
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

  14. #14
    The Patient Ectothrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    234
    Because we are just that cool.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Grap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rock n' Roll Train
    Posts
    423
    7) we are the most sexiest players and everyone wants to be with us
    Ahdehl: Sit melee, bring ranged. Unless it was Garalon.

  16. #16
    I think it has little to do with class complexion and more to do with MMO-C having gathered together a tight community of very, very smart warlocks.

    MMO-C has simply turned into the place where most people get their Warlock information, bringing in more people that hang around here when they want to know more. Much of that comes down to the people maintaining and posting in the sticky guides, the WA thread, the Solo old content thread, and basically everyone participating in the large patch specific threads we usually have for each new patch. A forum is only as good as the people hanging out on it, and that means all of you, wether you just read or actively post. You're all awesome. <3
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What about "everybody distrusts locks and wants to keep an eye on them"?
    ^^^^ I'm goin wit this.


    Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-09-20 at 06:14 PM.

  18. #18
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    It's pretty much what xskarma said. We happen to have a bunch of amazing threads and guides and with sites such as Elitist Jerks no longer providing those amazing guides they had, everyone comes to MMOC. But it's not just that, we warlocks go through a lot together, from a small nerf/buff that completely changes our stat priority and rotation to complete revamps of a spec. We go through those things together, we discuss those things together and that simply creates a bond between us warlocks, making an amazing community.
    (Geeh, I'm bad with words.. >.>)

    The warlock community, as small as it is, is just amazing. I have no other words for it and I'm actually really glad I'm moderating here, because you know, I love you guys.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-20 at 06:46 PM. Reason: -.-'

  19. #19
    Because we have the sexiest RP gear.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,137
    People who sit at home/work on the computer all day with nothing to do play warlocks.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •