Deleted

Thinking about coming back to the game after ~8 month break

Hey!

So, im thinking about coming back to the game. And i wanted to dust off my old Warrior main again.

i barely played throne of thunder with him, but i did clear the instance like 1 oder 2 times.

so what i acutally want to know is. how is the state of the warrior in current raid comps and which spec is the one to go in which situation.#

and does it actually really pay off? how is the new instance for e.g?

thanks for any answers

Deleted
    Currently Arm is the most used spec of warriors. On AOE fight's Arms is pretty impressive, While single target fights it's in the middle. At higher Gear Fury will become much better than arms in both AOE and Single target. both of it are viable . But i can't speak what prot warries can do now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    SoO is a great instance. Not ICC-great but near. It is pretty linear, exept for a few choices in the last quarters. First bosses are pretty much freeloot, but it gradually gets harder unless you massively outgear it. Can´t say much about hardmodes, just cleared it on normal this week.
    Regarding speccs, blizzard did a lot for us with 5.4. Prots are in an all time high, dealing competable damage and gained a boost regarding cooldowns. We once again are fantastic all around tanks and it feels very good to play a prot.
    Arms has received some major buffs and outdamages Fury in heavy AoE situations easily. On the other hand Fury pulls ahead on single target fights. Some people say Fury will be en par in AoE situations once enough gear has dropped. Most Fury warriors go TG these days, since it keeps them in the middle of the pack in terms of AoE and the new buffed version of stormbolt is the bomb.
    So all in all, Prots are on top but they share their place with the other tanks. Blizzard did a great job this time with balancing. Damagewise we may not lead the pack, but we are by far not as bad as we used to be, still bringing great utility + the new vigilance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Ask yourself 1 question, do you feel like running around for hours on end trying to catch rarespawns or collect coins with several hundreds of other people doing the same on the same tiny island?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayarez View Post
    Ask yourself 1 question, do you feel like running around for hours on end trying to catch rarespawns or collect coins with several hundreds of other people doing the same on the same tiny island?
    Those coins are for mediocre trinkets and mounts. Hunting down rarespawn is only for the achievement. The quest requiring rarespawns rewards a) coins and b) is easily done by just camping furyshell turtlespawn for ~ 10 minutes. If you feel entitled to either farm those mounts or get those achievments you will have to work for it. Aside from the end of the legendary questline and two worldbosses per week you don´t have to spend a single minute on that island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmama View Post
    so what i acutally want to know is. how is the state of the warrior in current raid comps and which spec is the one to go in which situation.
    just reroll to WL is the best you can do

Arms = One of the stronger AOE - In high end gear it is the lowest dps single target melee spec of all.
    Fury = Not as good as Arms AOE - Middle of the ground single target spec in high end gear. Titan Grip superior.
    Prot = Tanks mobs
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

the new instance is great. However, being a melee in Siege of Orgrimmar is not so great. there is a fuckton of mechanics that seem to penalize melees a bit too much. Protection warrior however is another deal entirely. I'm loving everything we got in 5.4 About time we can dish out some serious punishment. Brewmasters are still on a class of their own, but it's a free for all for the spots below monks and i have the feeling we won't be the ones holding the rear this time around.