Mage tier 6 talent

Hello.
    I was wondering as for arcane mage, is Incanter's Ward viable?
    I hate the other talents, where I have to put down a shit ring which I have to stand in all the time, or the other 1 where I have to stop and channel a spell for 3 seconds etc.
    I see a mage here now, and he is using Incanter's ward just because he dislikes the other talents, so how viable is it?

IW is viable, but not competitive. If you're trying to get through Heroic raiding progression or trying to rank on fights, IW will not accomplish what you want.

If you're just doing dungeons, LFR/Flex, and don't care about doing as good as you can possibly be, then you can use it, but it will still be annoying (at least for Arcane it will be because of how mana regen is tied to the talents)

Also, you're not alone. The L90 talents are widely hated and a change is near guaranteed (99% or even higher) for next expansion.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Allrighty, thanks for the answer

kinda bad info for heroic malkorak its the best talent by far.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    kinda bad info for heroic malkorak its the best talent by far.
    With no offense to the OP, but from the way he worded his post, it doesn't sound like he'll be doing Heroic raiding content for a little bit.

PS: My guild hasn't gotten to heroic yet, and that's one fight. Using a different L90 talent drastically changes how you play Arcane.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Rune of Power almost always.

Deleted
    The increase of range of RoP+"glyph 2 blinks" is a huge buff for arcane movement, so it's not as bad as used to be. If you have not tested RoP this patch you should do it

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    The increase of range of RoP+"glyph 2 blinks" is a huge buff for arcane movement, so it's not as bad as used to be. If you have not tested RoP this patch you should do it
    Not to mention Icy Floes
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Yea, I am really enjoying the change to Icy Floes as well, that in itself made the spec much more enjoyable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    I did on accident when my idiot GM pulled Galakras while I was in RoP (I'm Frost), and I gotta say, it's much nicer, but why in the FUCK is the blue ring so faint? I can barely see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Not to mention Icy Floes
    Not even going to bother with IF because there's so many fights where Blazing Speed gets me where I need to go, even WITH double blink (again though, I'm Frost, so I usually do have a few procs available to get away with BS)