Is multidotting doom an increase in single-target dps?

Our warlocks says dotting all the bosses @ paragons encounter increases their single target on the main target. Is that true? Do procs they get make up for the constant loss of gcd? Would they do less SINGLE TARGET dps without casting doom on other bosses? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    it is true that casting doom on all the bosses in the paragon fight will increase their single target if its crit dooms(dooms casted while uvls proc is up) as it will generate a huge amount of wild imps that will do a lot of dps on the main target, so it more than makes up for the extra gcds they use to appply the dooms.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Casting Doom on the 2 non-target Paragons means more imps, which means more molten core procs, which means they can Soul Fire more, which has much higher DPET than the 2 Demo filler spells. So yes, it should increase their single-target DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Our warlocks says dotting all the bosses @ paragons encounter increases their single target on the main target. Is that true? Do procs they get make up for the constant loss of gcd? Would they do less SINGLE TARGET dps without casting doom on other bosses? Thanks in advance.
    considering they are playing demonology yes, even without crit-doom its a dps gain due to more chance on imps + more DF out of dots.

I think destruction is the same as well,which immolate on all of them results in more embers. not exactly sure cast time worth it since I didn't try destru but I think it should be that way + we have havoc which help for embers even more.

afflication was also this way before change on nightfall(5.4) so if they aren't afflication thats a single-target dps gain.
    green is the color!

Yes. /Thread.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    I think destruction is the same as well,which immolate on all of them results in more embers. not exactly sure cast time worth it since I didn't try destru but I think it should be that way + we have havoc which help for embers even more.
    Meh, I really don't think it's worth it to cast Immolate on a target that won't die to gain 1 or 2 more emberbits, except if you spread it with Havoc. Maybe with an UVLS proc too, but you should have better things to do with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Do procs they get make up for the constant loss of gcd?
    Doom lasts for 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Meh, I really don't think it's worth it to cast Immolate on a target that won't die to gain 1 or 2 more emberbits, except if you spread it with Havoc. Maybe with an UVLS proc too, but you should have better things to do with it anyway.
    Destruction on this fight should function like mega, havoc absolutely helps and is the way to go with immo/ince. but about direct immo cast on them, you are probably right . again I didn't try and its just a speculation. maybe I should. did you try destru on this fight?
    Last edited by Akakishin; 2013-09-23 at 08:43 AM.
    green is the color!

Aff no longer gets a single target gain in terms of nightfall procs/shards from multidotting though a second target with UA generates more crit events for the 2xT16 single target buff. Beyond 2x targets (even w' minimal crit rates) its not much of a gain and even then I'm not sure its a big one to begin with. However for doom it is absolutely worth it to multidot crit dooms as they massively boost single target damage and do so for the cost of a GCD per minute. Destro I'd defer to Brusalk for the end word answer but my gut is that its a small gain to use havoc for ember generation (if you aren't using it for shadowburn cleave) but not a gain to tab dot immolates.