The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

School blocking Mumble!

So I recently moved to, uhm let's call it college (something similar, but that is irrelevant), and we only have wifi on campus. That's all well and fine, but it seems they're blocking mumble! I can open the program, and connect to the server, but I'm unable to hear anyone actually talking, which is not good for raiding at all. So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to bypass this filter? (And if you do, I'd be delighted if you could explain it in the simplest manner possible, seeing as I'm not very computersmart.)

Also, sorry if this is on the wrong forum, I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There we go, my friend. Thought this part of the forum might help to get you some more answers.

Hope you get your problem solved and that you'll have a good time at your new school/college... place.. thingy!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Have you gone through the audio wizard? Were you able to hear the tests and was your mic working in that test?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There we go, my friend. Thought this part of the forum might help to get you some more answers.

Hope you get your problem solved and that you'll have a good time at your new school/college... place.. thingy!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Have you gone through the audio wizard? Were you able to hear the tests and was your mic working in that test?
    Yes, I've already concluded it's nothing to do with my settings, seeing as it works completely fine when I use my phones 3G. I've basically checked everything else that could be causing this, and it just has to be the network filtering it out... I think

Deleted
    speak to your college campus technical support (or who ever is in charge of the IT) ask them to unblock the mumble ports.
    although if they where blocking it, I doubt you would be able to connect to the server in the first place.

Might sound like a dumb question, but you haven't muted your mumble somewhere have you ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    speak to your college campus technical support (or who ever is in charge of the IT) ask them to unblock the mumble ports.
    although if they where blocking it, I doubt you would be able to connect to the server in the first place.

Might sound like a dumb question, but you haven't muted your mumble somewhere have you ?
    Oh don't worry, I've gotten that question at least 5 times tonight x) It's definitely not muted, and as I said, when I connected to network via my phones3G, everything worked perfectly, but that's a somewhat expensive in the long run

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I do believe I found something to fix it! Enabled "Force TCP mode" and now I can once again hear our resident raiders' penis jokes. Oh joy!

Edit: Actually, scratch that, still can't hear.
    Last edited by Telanore; 2013-09-22 at 08:31 PM.

Best thing to do is use a VPN server.

The first one that jumps to my mind is proxpn.com

It basically makes a tunnel to there servers and then lets the internet go from there. Its designed for security, but I'm sure it will also work for your needs. There free server has some limits (300kbps, only a US server) on it, but it should allow you to see if this will work for you.

It WILL also increase your delay (lag/ping) to the server, but with the paid version, you can only allow your mubble program to run from it (so it does not affect your games)
    Last edited by Noxsham; 2013-09-22 at 09:19 PM.