Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually preferred the solo content in the original 5.0 tier. There was a huge variety of quests and factions, and I found myself doing different things and going to different zones, every day of the week. One day it would be Halfhill and Tillers, another day it was off to Townlong for the Shado-Pan quests. August Celestials in one of four different locations. Anglers once or twice a week. And so on. It was great.

By comparison, the other patches were far more limited. Although I still enjoyed them.

Of course Timeless Isle wins. It's still new content and people aren't sick of it yet.

5.1 and 5.2 were both good for solo play. I didn't mind the daily quests of 5.0.

5.4 is better than 5.3 for solo play. But those two have been pretty lacklustre for solo play in my opinion.

Where is the NONE option in the survey?. .. sigh..

People favor 5.4 not because its new, its the fact that people are tired of dailies. This whole entire expansion has been about dailies. This is the first patch that doesn't make you do constant daily quests. I quit WoW for almost a year, and once I heard there wasn't going to be that many dailies I came back. This is a fun way to get everyone in one place, where you can work together to kill over 25 elite monsters that constantly spawn, weekly quests for killing elites and etc. This island is the one thing I hope they do again in the future. Your WoW experience shouldn't be spent by doing dailies for 1/2 hour to 2 hours each day, I for one don't want another expansion filled with dailies. Lets get back to the roots of the game. I'd rather rep grind in instance by killing everything like back in Classic and BC.

I'm mildly depressed that the female pandaren fan artwork is still skinny little sticks with breasts.

As far as the "important" things... I actually enjoy the Timeless isle. Turning on your censer and going full out against anyone and everyone is refreshing, compared to the other patches of content. Only the Isle of Thunder can compete (and honestly the gating for that was more obnoxious than anything.)

Which patch had the best daily quests and solo / small group content so far? Feel free to share what you liked (and didn't like) in the comments!

5.1 Brawlers guild, by FAR,

for me the winner is isle of thunder. it felt epic when i landed there for the first time. the atmosphere, the music, the locked areas. I don't like dailies very much, but I did them there until it was fully unlocked and/or until I got all the achievements.
    i haven't played much in the timeless isle, but from what i have played, i don't like it as much as the isle of thunder. i like quests, whether they are dailies or not, because i know there is things to do. and there's not many of them on timeless isle. i go there, run around and then hearthstone again.
    Last edited by jimakos84; 2013-09-23 at 02:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by janin View Post
    I'm honestly shocked that 5.4 is the most favoured in the poll :\
    Why? 5.4 brought with it super easy gear, which is always well received by players. In addition, with how punitive it has been to gear alts in MOP, it probably skews it even more favorably because it's a welcome change.

Of *course* loot isle is going to be #1. Of *course*.

OT: For me, it's a tie between 5.1 and 5.4. I feel they finally got dailies just right in 5.1, it was actually fun and the storyline moved along fast enough that I didn't get bored but also it didn't feel *too* fast. I enjoyed seeing things progress, and the rewards felt like a nice bonus.

With 5.4, I think the loot comes far too easily, personally; when I heard about the BOA Timeless pieces I figured you'd get maybe 1-2 a week if you were lucky. But nope, they rain down like candy. So that feels a little too easy. Add to that the "rares" that spawn once every half hour or so, and the zergable bosses, and it all sort of feels like the gear is being handed to me.

On the other hand, I like that the mobs on the isle actually present a challenge. It's nice to have to pay attention to abilities again, and I can easily get killed on a non-tank (on my main, a bear, it's a little tougher but I still can't just coast along). Been farming Crimson Drakes for Quivering Eggs and I like that I have to think, not stand in things, and occasionally use a cooldown or heal up. It's nice to not be able to just mindlessly mow down quest mobs. Though I do think some of the mobs are a little too punitive (Gulp Frogs I'm looking in your direction).
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-09-23 at 02:28 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

For me, it's a toss-up between 5.1 and 5.4. I really liked the slow storytelling aspect of 5.1. 5.2 seems like a decent mixture of both, but 5.4 did the content better and 5.1 did the story better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never spent more time doing stuff other than raiding than I have with 5.4. The timeless isle is fun, and it's really easy to gear alts with. so that.

I really liked the storytelling method of 5.1, but I found the 5.2 style of world-progression better. I just hated like I felt forced to do the scenarios to get it. they were fine on my main, but to access the island on my alt I had to do 5 scenarios first? That sucked.

Not surprised the Timeless Isle is polling high, but like others I bet most will see it differently by the end of the year.

Some of those blue responses read like they were written by a fucking moron. I suppose some could be missing context from the full thread, but still, some of them have just awful logic, or lack there of...

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Of course Timeless Isle wins. It's still new content and people aren't sick of it yet.
    NO. I hated dailies. I hated that I couldn't just run dungeons for VP then buy VP gear to get geared enough to go to LFR on my alts, without ALSO running the god DAMNED dailies over and over again until I had enough rep so that they'd *deign* to let my purchase gear with the VP I'd already earned.

The Barrens thing was better. At least a little. Timeless Isle is MUCH better - I might actually start playing my alts again after spending most of the expansion refusing to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Isle of Thunder quests (not the gating mechanism at the start, but the choice between going for PvE rewards or PvP rewards I did like).

I *loved* Timeless Isle the first day - very much wow feeling. The second day, I felt like I had already seen and done everything the Isle had to offer, and got burnt out on it very very very quickly. The only reason I even go there now is for the celestial boss and bloody coins.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Nope. It's winning because people don't like dailies. That's why I voted for it.

The unlockable story quests in 5.1 were amazing. Sure it's purely solo play, but I really wish they'd do those every patch. A lot of times it feels like the lore behind each new patch took place in some short story I never read so it was nice to actually experience the story in the game - what a novel idea!

The 5.3 scenarios set up parts of 5.4 but they still felt too short, rushed, and doing them 20 times made them feel less epic.

Quote Originally Posted by janin View Post
    I'm honestly shocked that 5.4 is the most favoured in the poll :\
    It's the newest content which makes people weigh it more heavily by design. Think about it...what do you remember about past content? Probably the stuff you enjoyed, but also probably the stuff that you got really sick of. Right now only a handful of people are really sick of the isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozaky View Post
    I'm mildly depressed that the female pandaren fan artwork is still skinny little sticks with breasts.
    Same. Where's my curvy girls at?

As for the poll, 5.1 was my favorite. The combination of story telling and dalies was engaging, yet not over bearing like 5.0. 5.2 I didnt like the zone, but I did like the scenarios. 5.3 was too little and 5.4 I'm not sure about yet.

I cant say I'm a fan of needing to be in a group to get anything done there outside of killing some of the smaller elites. By the time you get to a rare that someone called out in /1 its already dead. Doesnt feel like there is anything to do there except kill things. No story, nothing to move forward.

Domination Point, Isle of thunder and Timeless Isle were all awesome. 5.0 was actually ok except for Golden Lotus. To me, Barrens was the worst. It was 1 week for the pet, and nothing more afterwards. I really enjoyed the dailies with domination point with the milestone scenarios.