Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    eeeh, what was the movie going to be about again?

wasn't it about the first war?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i liked him in Anchorman.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Warwrick davies will probably play a gnome if there in it.
    Him too. Both of em. I think Wawrick would make the better Mekkatorque tbh. Haven't seen Dinklage in a villainous role yet, but he's playing one in X-men so he could play a fairly good Thermaplugg. Sadly it's unlikely that that story will get too much spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    ... Colin Farrell? I find him so icky really.. if he must be in it then a plague-ridden undead would be perfect.

Animated really would have been the better option, given that Blizzard already has artists capable of movie quality stuff for the trailers.. /facepalm Sure it would take longer and may or may not cost more, but the characters people know and love would look like the characters people, well, know and love.. not a person trying to portray it and never looking entirely like it.
    I agree on the animated, mainly because this is a cult movie at best. It will only be major city release, and probably not even a lot of those in the midwest where the theaters are smaller so they only get the bigger movies :/

At least if it was animated there'd be a chance of it being considered for kids (a major market at any theater)
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    eeeh, what was the movie going to be about again?

wasn't it about the first war?

we don't really know, i think the original plan was about first war, but it could be anything now, the plan for the movie has changed so much.

apparently they showed something about it at comiccon, but not so sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Well, IF the development of the movie does not falter again like it has been for the past decade, (ie, a new script having to be written, new directors, budgetary problems, rights issues, casting recalls, etc) then I'd have to say that this would be an interesting project; the first ever REAL game-to-film adaption.

Since the story would probably be self contained within the films, most of the main characters would be exclusive to the cinematic adaptions of Warcraft. On the other hand, if they are brave enough to attempt bringing solid, lore events to the big screen (ie, Lich King story), then most of the cast will be already well established characters such as Uther or Saurfang.
    It seems like this time it's the real deal. I mean filming is starting in just a few months and they're casting. Something pretty drastic would have to happen for it to fall apart now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Well, IF the development of the movie does not falter again like it has been for the past decade, (ie, a new script having to be written, new directors, budgetary problems, rights issues, casting recalls, etc) then I'd have to say that this would be an interesting project; the first ever REAL game-to-film adaption.
    Que? The only problems they have had is a change of directors because Blizzard kept rejecting Sam Raimi's scripts.

Unless you've got a link for the rest of that...

As for the cast, I won't believe anything until either Blizzard says it themselves or filming has begun.

Deleted
    If it's not animated it will be a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    He makes a passable Varian Wrynn

Gah! No, don't make me have to agree with that, cuz you're kinda right. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I don't care what the story is or who is cast. The only thing that matters is that it turns out a success, because if it's a success, they might make one about Arthas, which I believe could be an amazing movie.
    It should be a triology, The Culling of Stratholme, Rise of the Lich King and Fall of the Lich King.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    It should be a triology, The Culling of Stratholme, Rise of the Lich King and Fall of the Lich King.

the we can have the Illidan trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    She looks like she could play some sort of night-elf role. Kinda picture her in the original Warcraft cinematic where the female nelf is running through the forest.
    i could also see her as a tauren or dwarf female.

Collin Farrell is cool i guess.

isn't the story about Arthas?

Deleted
    Wtf? Isn't this supposed to be a CGI flick? Like the cinematics??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    isn't the story about Arthas?
    They didn't say it was specifically about him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hope this is either fake or it won't come about. I just really don't like the looks of them, they don't feel like Warcraft people, at least not in these images. And I hope if we see night elves, they're not just humans painted purple. Blizzard did that in the original cinematic and with that one promotional night elf they made a statue of back in the day, and it looks horrible. I mean, night elves aren't really alien or anything, but they've got face paint, glowing eyes, and an angular elven look; they're not just models in makeup. They're supposed to be a race so savage it intimidated Grom.

Do we have more definitive information about a script? The Arthas rumor sounded boring for a veteran fan (since we've heard that story a million times), but it would be a decent story for the masses and Blizzard has done it enough that it should be refined (although I'd expect some new retcons like always). The Last Guardian would be a really awesome thing to see, especially updated with what we know now about Karazhan and stuff (and least what it looks like, the raid had, like, zero lore).

I want to see this movie do really well, but I'm actually not expecting much. I don't think a video game movie has to innately suck like most people (the existing ones don't suck because they were based on video games, they suck because they were poorly made/handled). The fact that Blizzard has been keeping a tight leash on it is good, but not a guarantee. Blizzard has proved with their novels and stuff that just because they kept an eye and approved a project doesn't mean it has any kind of gripping story (some novels are pretty good, but some really suck).

I think the biggest mistake is making it live action. Warcraft is way too over-the-top to properly portray in live action. This movie will either have heavy CG anyway, or have really scrawny orcs and stuff. Not to mention, all-CG stuff has actually been really popular in the mainstream for animation the last several years. Other companies I might worry at their skill with CG, but not Blizzard. Since Warcraft III, their cinematic CG is nigh-photo-real (with a bit of flair inspired by their games' style), no uncanny valley in sight. Everyone loves their cinematics. With a live action movie, they're just another random fantasy movie that's based on a video game. The mainstream is not fond of that, and it's a gamble even for the fans. If they had a gimmick like all-CG, the mainstream would want to see it just for the novelty, and the fans wouldn't worry about having to see their favorite characters being portrayed by painfully incompatible actors. The best reason I can see they don't want to do all CG is that, well, it takes them awhile. Their cinematic team would probably be tied up for a decade making that. XP
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-09-22 at 11:04 PM.

Please somebody kill me. This gonna be a FUCKIN DISASTER. Hello Dragonball the movie 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    Please somebody kill me. This gonna be a FUCKIN DISASTER. Hello Dragonball the movie 2.0
    It's not even out yet. Wait before you judge!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The whole concept seems comical to me, even with the cast I just can't see the movie being serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well, games becoming movies and vice versa... It usually fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post

I can't help it. But that picture just reminds me heavily of Thrall.
    Too bad Metzen will be playing Thrall obviously.