15+ Year Old Account

honored on the timeless isle

just hit honored on the timeless isle do new quests appear after this?

Nope. Get back to grinding. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    One non-repeatable quest will open up to summon a rare spawn nasty mob an' kill it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    One non-repeatable quest will open up to summon a rare spawn nasty mob an' kill it.
    Which is that?

Your response is pretty vague. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Which is that?

Your response is pretty vague. :P
    Don't recall the name and I finished it so I have no record to refer to. I could look it up, but to be fair, so could you (its "The Archiereus Of Flame" for what its worth). The quest is to buy a Scroll of Challenge with 500 coins and use it to summon a guy in the northern area where there is a raised platform and a summoning stone. He will be summoned along with several massive elementals and the level 93 moo-beasts from up in the citadel. However, since its a rare spawn that anyone can get credit for, people will swarm to help you out (at least that was my experience).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Nope. Get back to grinding. -_-
    The Isle seriously needs more quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    The Isle seriously needs more quests.
    That assumes it's a questing hub. I consider it as a loot-splosion to gear people for the final raid so that as many as possible can see it.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh this grind is just annoying, i'm only part way through friendly and have been snatching every mob that wasn't tagged >.< i wouldn't mind if there was more mobs but it's competing against people which is the hard part I'm thinking about going to a low populations server and doing the grind

That assumes it's a questing hub. I consider it as a loot-splosion to gear people for the final raid so that as many as possible can see it.
    Exactly whole point of rep grind is for mount.

They could have done something interesting. Instead, they made a mindless killing spree. Events?*cough* GW2.
    Last edited by Duracells; 2013-09-23 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call it whatever you want but the fact remains that a mount if offered at exalted rep, and the grind to that point is a nightmare. Quests certainly would not hurt.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Call it whatever you want but the fact remains that a mount if offered at exalted rep, and the grind to that point is a nightmare. Quests certainly would not hurt.
    This is one of the few nearly-grind-only factions in the entirety of WoW, and one of the first since Vanilla.

If the mount is really so bloody special, you'll be willing to put forth the effort in this shocking new, revamped experience of the glory days. Don't worry, next xpac there'll be 50 more mounts that can be received within the first week of discovering the faction.

And yes, I'm grinding away at it, too, despite my wrath-baby predisposition on the matter. 10.5k/12k Honored. Now get back to work!
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Nope. That's one of my only real disappointments with this raid patch is that there's no plethora of dailies. "People didn't like them" so 5.3 was mostly lacking them (seriously, 489 gear once a week and the very next patch you can have 10+ 496 items in a day, come on) and with there being nothing much to do in this patch, and having finally grinded out the trinket I wanted, I'm not really sure what's going to keep me from just playing GW2 most of the week.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    They could have done something interesting. Instead, they made a mindless killing spree. Events?*cough* GW2.
    This times 100. There's nothing that interesting about the Timeless Isle. They should have put some effort into creating side content that furthered the main assault story or something more entertaining than running in a circle.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They make an island without daily quests? People bitch.
    They make the island a place with daily quests? People bitch.

The only common factor is that no matter what they do, people will bitch.

Personally though, I prefer daily quests over mindless grinding. Always have, always will.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    They make an island without daily quests? People bitch.
    They make the island a place with daily quests? People bitch.

The only common factor is that no matter what they do, people will bitch.

Personally though, I prefer daily quests over mindless grinding. Always have, always will.
    There are daily quests, just very few. There are also weekly quests. I frankly dont see a problem.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer mindless violence to questing, personally.

There are daily quests, just very few. There are also weekly quests. I frankly dont see a problem.
    Moving somewhat away from questing is fine. But they could have at least done an alternative way then just throwing mobs, and say "go kill them to get coins, and buy a mount".