Thread: Resto PG

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Resto PG

    Wave 17 is as far as I have made it. I wish I had some extra interrupts. How are you guys making out on what is the most fun feature (imo) they have ever created for solo content.'

    UPDATE: Wave 19
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2013-09-11 at 09:28 PM.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  2. #2
    The Patient DestroDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Posts
    303
    I made it to 9 on my first go of it, but then we had raid, so I haven't gotten to go back in.

    I'm using the new mushroom efflo, and abusing the heck out of it. It's helped quite a bit.

  3. #3
    23 on first try, 38 on second.

    You need to be very lucky on that wave. It helps alot if you're a Tauren. The reason being that you get 4 of those pyroblast dudes, and one pyroblast does more than half of any non-tank's hp. So if 2 decide to focus on one npc, that npc will die.

  4. #4
    I haven't played with it too much, got to 14 so far in like 3 attempts or so but then I stopped because it was raid time. Takes longer than I had expected and I actually lost track of time while doing it, was pretty interesting. The NPCs are all sorts of stupid though. One attempt I took my eye off the screen for a minute to respond to a facebook message on my other monitor and the stupid Rogue NPC stood in the fire and killed himself. =\ Guess they really wanted to emulate how real players play.

  5. #5
    I got to wave 47 on the ptr, plan on trying for 50 later just takes so long to get there

  6. #6
    Every 9th wave is a bitch. If you take a look at this video at 7.00 min: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5coAJZbRHU you can see what tactic I ended up using for wave 8 and 9. Start Tree of Life + NV early and use Regrowths to top people up fast. Hopefully free RGs but you're not always that lucky. You can use Fae Silence Glyph to help interrupt the Hive-Singer but it takes 2 GCDs 'cus you need to be in bear form, so be mindful when using that combo.

    It's a late PTR video, shouldn't be different than live. Hopefully I'll get that far again so i can record it on live

    Good luck!

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Guess they really wanted to emulate how real players play.
    I actually enjoyed having a semi-decent "pickup" group for once. Normally I'd have to recruit guildies in order for anyone to ever interrupt anything. The NPCs aren't perfect, but they're pretty good.

    Did anyone else think the gold level was much too easy? I get that there's an endless difficulty after that, but I still expected the gold challenge to at least force me to use my cooldowns at some point.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  8. #8
    I feel like they changed something. I got gold on 1st try and then wave17 on endless, then wave 19 on endless. Now I can't get past gold again.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  9. #9
    One-shot the Bronze, Silver and Gold modes and I've been messing about in Endless since - got to wave 17. I found PG fun to start with, but it's just getting frustrating now - I wish they'd found a way to scale the mobs to your ilvl, rather than scaling you down to 463 and rendering half of your gear completely inept such as the legendary meta and cloak proc and completely screwing your stat weights up. Can't say I'm too fond of the idea of needing to regem and reforge only to have to change back again to raid.

    That aside, it's a nice little challenge until you start getting to the flamecaster waves - the ones where you have 4 spawn at once. At that point it's just one giant roll of the dice as to if it's even possible to win - not really sure how you're expected to deal with the party members getting 'insta-gibbed' due to 2/3 fireballs to the face at once, or fireballs and the aoe going off at the same time. Unless you have absorbs that is... /shocker

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I feel like they changed something. I got gold on 1st try and then wave17 on endless, then wave 19 on endless. Now I can't get past gold again.
    I'm sure NPC damage was reduced somehow. Unless you spend all your mana to help them, they can't kill the waves in time, especially around x6/x7th waves. I got wave 38 on my 2nd attempt on patchday but now I can't get past 27 anymore because there's still 2 flamecasters up when the next wave spawns.

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    I'm sure NPC damage was reduced somehow. Unless you spend all your mana to help them, they can't kill the waves in time, especially around x6/x7th waves. I got wave 38 on my 2nd attempt on patchday but now I can't get past 27 anymore because there's still 2 flamecasters up when the next wave spawns.
    I've been hearing a lot of the same. I'm not even kidding when I say that I have mobs from level 21 up at the point I get to 23 and there's no way in hell I'm getting drinks between 10 and 11, 20 and 21 and so on. It doesn't matter if I add 20k dps to the party, I'm still getting fucked in the same way. I really want it done on my druid but if there's nothing said about this issue I'll probably get in there as disc to get it done. Endless healer 30 is the only PG achievement I'm missing, wish I had done it before this aids.

  12. #12
    I don't think disc will get the job done

  13. #13
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    I don't think disc will get the job done
    Disc can add enough damage to get waves down in time. Even if one would consider Druid the stronger healer for the challenge overall it doesn't apply when as a Druid you face the possibility of having mobs from three separate waves up at the same time when the Priest doesn't.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of the same. I'm not even kidding when I say that I have mobs from level 21 up at the point I get to 23 and there's no way in hell I'm getting drinks between 10 and 11, 20 and 21 and so on. It doesn't matter if I add 20k dps to the party, I'm still getting fucked in the same way. I really want it done on my druid but if there's nothing said about this issue I'll probably get in there as disc to get it done. Endless healer 30 is the only PG achievement I'm missing, wish I had done it before this aids.
    Wait what drink in between 10 - 11 20 - 21 ??? I never even go out of combat even if there is nothing up?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Disc can add enough damage to get waves down in time. Even if one would consider Druid the stronger healer for the challenge overall it doesn't apply when as a Druid you face the possibility of having mobs from three separate waves up at the same time when the Priest doesn't.
    I'm pretty sure it's not intended that the healer PG requires you to DPS. Your're not supposed to have multiple groups up at the same time.

    If your intend was to get this done while the bug is still there, then yea, disc will help you clear the adds. But it doesn't change the fact that you're gonna have more trouble than a druid keeping the group up when the Hive-Singer is spamming Sonic Blast At least after your SS has gone down anyways.

  16. #16
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    Wait what drink in between 10 - 11 20 - 21 ??? I never even go out of combat even if there is nothing up?
    After wave 10 ends there's a 15 second intermission before wave 11 starts, if everything is dead during the intermission you're allowed to drink. It's the same after every even 10 waves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    If your intend was to get this done while the bug is still there, then yea, disc will help you clear the adds.
    That's all I said. Even if it would be harder to keep the group up it's still easier as disc while it's bugged like this.

  17. #17
    But calling it bugged is weird, maybe its supposed to be this hard although it would be odd to emphasize the succes on the amount of dmg a healer can squeeze in while keeping the group alive. Obviously some classes are bound to do better than others.

  18. #18
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    But calling it bugged is weird, maybe its supposed to be this hard although it would be odd to emphasize the succes on the amount of dmg a healer can squeeze in while keeping the group alive. Obviously some classes are bound to do better than others.
    We're calling it bugged because it wasn't like this on patch day. People who did it the first 1.5 days had a significantly easier time because even if they added 0 damage they'd have their mana break and adds that lived until the next wave didn't last much more after that. For instance, on all waves that end with 8 you get 4 flamecaller mobs. On patch day you'd have one of them up by the time wave 9 spawned, on live you're going to have AT LEAST two, possibly three (at least this is what I'm getting, even adding a bit of dps). This sets you up for a burst combo that is potentially unhealable without having absorbs stacked on everyone.

    With one it's totally doable. With 2-3 it's pretty much an rng crapstorm because you'll be at the mercy of mob targeting and cast timings.
    Last edited by Lohe; 2013-09-14 at 05:11 PM.

  19. #19
    I've never had a wave basically where all adds are dead. Even in silver/gold. The NPCs don't come anywhere close to killing things in time. I consider myself a decent healer (Did 5 or 6 heroic last tier) but I couldn't even make it past wave 5 in endless because I went OOM.

    Signature Created by Sonridor

  20. #20
    Wave 29 is the farthest I have made it. I blame Affinity. Here are some tips and tricks that might help get you further.

    -Try using FoN. It adds a decent amount of healing for literally 0 cost. At that item level and environment it does quite a bit of my throughput.

    -Use HotW to dps the 10th wave down so you can get a drink/amber off during the 15 second rest period.

    -Replace Glyph of Wild Growth with Glyph of Fae Silence for a nice silence every 15 seconds. Best used on Hivesingers at the start of waves when the dps are still focused on another target. Which leads me to my next point...

    -Memorize each wave and their spawn location. It's crucial that you get those 4 Flamecallers Typhooned so you don't have a ton of pools, and mainly knowing when and where the Hivesingers are spawning.

    -If you are using a haste build you are going to have a rough time keeping up with the damage on later waves. High mastery/low spirit has given me the best results.

    -Ironbark is a 1 minute cooldown, waves are 1 minute long. Use it on cooldown, but save it for double conquerer enrage.

    -Pray to the RNG gods the Aqualytes choose you for the Aqua Bomb most of the time.

    -Try not to cry when the Tunnelers tag team your tank.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •