CP Increase/Base Cap Discussion

So after dealing with having to run RBGs first week (at the very least) on my feral and being forced to literally have no fun whatsoever I started thinking; what ways could this be fixed without having people just queue for 2s and cap for the week that Blizz doesn't want happening?

The solution I came up with was simply to allow the 3s/5s bracket to function the same way RBGs do. Rating would Increase the cap the same amount as an RBG would and let the "base cap" be capped up to 2200 by playing either 3s or RBGs.

This prevents people from simply playing 2s and capping for the week (2s below 1750 rather) and allows those who absolutely hate RBGs yet love arena to play how they'd like to play.

Honestly I don't see why it's so bad for people to fully cap by 2s except for the fact that (as I've said in other threads) it seems to be the easiest way to force RBGs.

Now you may say "So just play arena past 1750 and you'll get as much as RBGs" however the amount your CP increases from arena is lower than that of RBGs still, 1800 arena gives less CPs than 1800 RBGs. After ~8 or 9 weeks of the season this won't matter anymore anyways, but it'd be nice to give people a choice at the start of the season when gearing up.

Thoughts/Opinions? Also I'd love to hear any ideas you all may have for how to improve this system.

The point of the higher rbg cap is to encourage people to play rbgs. This would remove that incentive and really add nothing in it's stead.

You're still going to get full gear from arena. You can still "play how you like to play".

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya i hate rbgs. total cluster ****

would only do them if they provided twice the cap. maybe.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Since the RBG Cap started i made many posts, i dont think they will change it. I just dont care anymore about those extra points. I just cant bring myself anymore into a RBG, its a horrible waste of time. Blizzard just wants you to enjoy the game the way you like it but in the way they want