Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Is Timeless Isle the most fun thing blizzard has added in years?

Really, really enjoy Timeless Isle. Seems like there is always something to do there. Doing dailies, hunting for treasure chests, killing rare spawns, world pvp, and if you're a fresh 90 you can quickly gear up and be ready for raiding in no time. I think the only thing that's missing now is adding world events. I dont know if any of you have played Rift, but out of all the things I enjoyed the most about that MMO were those random world events. I thought it was a lot of fun. So what do you guys think? Is it the most fun content blizz has added in years? I think so!

10+ Year Old Account
    it's okay, i wish they would put more development time into 5mans or creating new bg styles etc though. so no, not the funnest, but decent.
    Hi

I'm having a great time with it, mainly from a PvP perspective. But I can't help shake the feeling that this is more of a novelty that will soon wear out its welcome, and most players will disappear. I do recall reading though that this was being treated as an experiment for how they want to design world content in the future, so that's always good news.

Deleted
    Timeless Island = first ever wow "content" patch without any actuall content. Plus its get BORING very fast...

I don't find the island that enjoyable, atleast a cool way to quickly gear up alts to catch up with the current content. Beats doing dailys by miles

It's been out a week or so and I have already stopped going. It's like non-content. Just a place to drop two world bosses for pinata gear drops - oh and it's incredible to gear up new alts.. but that's terribad what about the 90s i have that are already geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Timeless Island = first ever wow "content" patch without any actuall content. Plus its get BORING very fast...
    Apart from the raid that came with it... and the proving grounds?

Either way I think the Pet Battle System probably was for me, but its great so many people find something to do on the isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quite the opposite actually, I find the Isle a nuicense.
    And it's even more annoying that you have "farm" the isle to get the new glyphs.
    Why does Blizzard insist on making everything so difficult?

Deleted
    Like said by others in various threads: It sadly get's old really fast

I hope they give us new 5-mans next time. And a new BG.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Timeless Isle
    Is it the most fun content blizz has added in years? I think so!
    Nope, flex raiding is tbh. Oh and proving grounds I could spent weeks in there without getting bored!
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-09-22 at 05:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiEvans View Post
    Quite the opposite actually, I find the Isle a nuicense.
    And it's even more annoying that you have "farm" the isle to get the new glyphs.
    Why does Blizzard insist on making everything so difficult
    ?
    1: The new techniques drop from every mob in Pandaria, not just the Isle ones. 2: Because people complained too much about everything being too easy and too non-grindy.

OT; The Isle is fun, but it could've used an instance or preferable some dailies.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nah, timeless isle is a nice idea, but grinding without actual purpose gets really REALLY boring after a while, that half the bosses are melee-hating disasters makes it all wear out its welcome all the faster...

I think we really like different aspects the game or or reception is completely different
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Doing dailies
    There are two (aside pet battle dailes and hidden dailies that only reward useless timeless coins)

hunting for treasure chests
    They are one-time lootable and with the appropriate addons farmed in less than 30 minutes, except the few weekly chest that again only reward pointless coins

killing rare spawns
    Huolon is the only rare spawn that matters to me, the other ones only drop useless coins again, or pets

world pvp
    PVE server. It's a pest that you have to watch carefully not to happen to tab-target an enemy (or even same faction player with that crappy PVP item) player and risk being zerged by people interested in PVP and losing all the buffs you have gathered (especially the shrine blessing).

and if you're a fresh 90 you can quickly gear up and be ready for raiding in no time.
    Yeah, you're gonna drown in tokens before you're halfway through Shaohao rep. They don't even have to ever enter the isle.

I don't say it's a bad concept, but except the raid bosses and if you're not finished yet on one char with shaohao rep there is nothing to do there.

Deleted
    Few days ago I would say it was ok, but now it is horrible. Its nothing but grinding and farming and occasional wpvp. Giving reskins and free gear is a weak excuse for "content".

Someone forgot patch 2.2 (or was it 2.1?)... I'm sure we all still use the in-game voice chat, right? Right? No? Oh...

Deleted
    Stopped going after the first day. Isle of Quel'Danas and Thunder Isle were so many times better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Run in circles, hoping to get to a rare within 10 seconds after spawn, else it's dead. There are millions of pets and mounts that drop, and very little chance to get a kill.
    2: Kill the same mobs over and over again, to grind ~43000 Emperor-rep.
    3: Do mindless PvP to get 100+500 killing blows (pet and mount), not to mention 10.000 killing blows for achievement..

I would rather have a nice daily quest hub..
    Timeless Isle is a sandbox... We don't want sandboxes, we want content with PURPOSE!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Absolutely not. Its a story light grind added to give none raiders a long grind for vanity items to have a reason to stay subbed. Its the mmo at its most vapid and shallow. I shudder to think what possible quests and story about the seige we could have gotten with the same amount of dev time and allocated resources. Especially after following up the more entertaining isle of thunder.

Way too many people fighting over barely anything. If there was more island and less competition it would have been more fun.

That's pretty much it.

It's like running a circle around a level with nothing meaningful to actually do...

No reason to log in besides raiding now. Yay, just like Cata!
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart