Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Content being tuned for people with the legendary cloak doesn't mean people without one won't be running the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    As far as I am aware the content is tuned under the assumption that every raid member has a legendary cloak. If that is the case then why are cloaks still on heroic loot tables. Seems like a massive waste when 99.9999999%(accurate numbers I am a scientist www.notlying.org) of them are going to be DE'd.
    you would be wrong. its not tuned for if you have the cloak. and far less people have the cloak then you think
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They are not cloaks you noob. They are towels, used to wipe up the tears of mortals when Garrosh slays them repeatedly for the next three resets.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The number of cloaks in the raid is stupid (and yes I have my legendary) just like it was stupid with the daggers they put in for rogues in DS who already their legendary. Really don't think blizzard has any hindsight for some things...

Deleted
    The main issue stems from the fact that having spent all this time farming for a cloak, it's nothing but infuriating to see items nobody will every need drop.

Even worse is when you spend a coin and end up with a cloak. That's just insulting.

Edit: Call me entitled but I would perhaps think it a nice idea if owning a legendary cloak removed any SoO cloaks from your loot table when calculating bonus rolls.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-09-24 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    FREE. FREE. There is nothing Free about them. I'm sorry but in heroic raiding where gear is a needed tool and cloaks are the equivalent to handing you a spoon when you asked for a hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because every rogue did the legendary at the same time. Screw the other 2-3 rogues in raid. Sorry this post doesn't work and was already posted about. Thanks.
    The first part of it could be done by everybody so instantly everyone had the 1st dagger. Even if that wasn't the case there were 3 different if not 4 daggers in there which was certainly overkill. So sorry your post doesn't work. Thanks
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I am sorry but seriously nobody can argue that Cloaks on HC is not plain retarded. According to Blizz the minority of players raid HC content and tend to be the hardcore player base (so they play a lot) So for a HC raider not to have the cloak IS all laziness! I re-rolled back to my monk from a lock like 3 months into TOT and go my cloak on day one 5.4 id have it on my lock that i started playing in 5.2 is if i could be bothered. My friends all re-rolled during TOT and have cloaks, i know someone with the cloak on most of the toons they have out of the 8 90's they have on that realm before you go say "well i don't have time for that" well i only play during raid days due to work, same goes for my friends with kids and work.

Fact is you can get all the items so fast now (LFR, FLEX, NORMAL & HC all drop items) my friend re-rolled resto druid from shaman a month ago and is on runestones this week due to getting everything in all the raid finders only reason it took so long is the three weeks for valor. No argument can prove that Heroic cloaks should be on the table, if you don't have the cloak you are most likely in a guild that won't be seeing HC for a while (My opinion) so you should have the cloak when you do. If you do raid HC and do not have the cloak you are lazy and should not complain be it that you quit (why does Blizz care about people that leave the game more than it's actual players?) or re-rolled your choice you can farm for a Timeless cloak until you get your normal one. If you are doing HC on an alt well you are doing HC on an alt...... If you have the time to raid on two toons and no cloak = laziness and cannot complain. My opinion is that cloaks should not even drop in LFR never mind HC as most LFR players should have cloaks as well if they did not slack and can get better from farming timeless isle.

They have made it to easy for anyone to not have the cloak or almost have it so that other cloaks do not matter.

I have yet to kill any HC bosses when i do and coin a cloak i will be pissed that i lost out on a chance at a real item due to Blizzard accommodating for the slackers.

If you have a cloak you shouldn't be able to roll a cloak at the very least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    If you have a cloak you shouldn't be able to roll a cloak at the very least

While that would be a step in the right direction, it still doesn't change the fact, that on some bosses on 10 man, those cloaks are 50% of the loot and as such you're even more screwed loot wise on 10 man than you already are.

Fail design imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hell!? People want the drops tailored for what they don't have? Seriously?

Yeah let's tell blizzard to make it so that when I have the latest i.e. chest tier piece, the bosses shouldn't drop non-tier chest pieces. Sounds silly, no? Because that's what you people are asking for...
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofer View Post
    The hell!? People want the drops tailored for what they don't have? Seriously?

Yeah let's tell blizzard to make it so that when I have the latest i.e. chest tier piece, the bosses shouldn't drop non-tier chest pieces. Sounds silly, no? Because that's what you people are asking for...
    You do realize that in most of the heroic raid groups, NONE of the cloak drops will be used, right? It's not about getting unlucky and going "Damn, this item is worse than what I already have", it's more like "Everybody already has the BiS cloak before setting foot in the current raid".

So tired of seeing posts about this crap... not everyone has the damn legendary cloak... big deal, get over it. How is this any different than it's EVER been... loot drops that you already have better of, holy hell... what a surprising and NEW concept?!? Happens with tier pieces and non tier pieces... happens with legendary and non legendary. When people had legendary weapons in past... I GUARANTEE regular weapons still dropped that they had no use for.... oh damn... DE and move on. Stop complaining. All these posts about owning the cloak removes other cloaks from your loot table?!? When has this happened in the past... did daggers get removed because all the rogues in the group had the legendary? This is a ridiculous argument, give it up, and run the raid again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Try doing HM Spoils this week without the cloak. Most of the fights on the back end of the instance would be impossible without the cloaks.
    Please stop, youre acting like the typical elitist jerk nobody likes. You're one of the very few players in the world that actually got to hm spoils
    I don't have the cloak because I didn't play the entire xpac, and I'm not the onlyone. and just because I want to play SoO and progress I shouldn't get a nice cloak unless I get my legendary wich I will have around november if I start the qline now?

I quite don't understand how people can see the difference between the legendary cloaks we have now and a legendary we had before.

All of the legendaries before were either role specific or class specific. They all took time and in some cases only one/few of your raiders was able to get it, while the others waited their turn. They also required grinding on the current tier.

Now, everybody can get the legendary, no waiting their turn, no class restrictions, no role restrictions and you can even get cloaks for your offspec/s. If you got your epic cloak before SoO became available, you were able to get your legendary before even stepping into SoO.

If you're a progression raider and didn't reroll very recently, ALL the cloaks are useless because Blizzard already gave each and every one us our BiS cloaks.

It's fine for them to drop on normal, but getting cloaks from heroics is just unnecessary. They could easily make them all trash/normal mode drops or add them to valour vendors. That way everyone can get a 553 cloak if they need it (and if they decide, they can also start the legendary quest chain too).

Quote Originally Posted by Papier Light View Post
    Please stop, youre acting like the typical elitist jerk nobody likes. You're one of the very few players in the world that actually got to hm spoils
    I don't have the cloak because I didn't play the entire xpac, and I'm not the onlyone. and just because I want to play SoO and progress I shouldn't get a nice cloak unless I get my legendary wich I will have around november if I start the qline now?
    First he is talking about an encounter you have 0 clue about. An encounter maybe 2 posters in this entire thread will come across this tier. And you at the beggining calling him a jerk for stating fact. Excellent job there. Can I call you a hypocrite? because your attitude and dismissal is far more sour.

Oh and you do get a nice cloak its called trash drops which are the exact same ilvl as normal mode everyone most players in the game will be stuck in for 8 months. Furthermore you can also obtain a 535 cloak from timeless isle at an insane speed. So yes you still can get your shiny cloak regardless of if the loot was purged.

I'm quite dumbfounded by the mass amount of players whining that they do need a cloak for alts when Siege has more trash in it to farm your cloaks then all the instances this expac put together.

Also another quick tidbit I just absolutely must clarify. DRAGON SOUL DAGGERS TOOK TIME TO MAKE YOU DIDNT ENTER DRAGON SOUL WITH BIS WEAPONS AND THE SHIT NORMAL MODE DAGGERS FROM THE RING QUEST AREN'T GODMODE BECAUSE THE DUNGEON WAS EASY AS FUCK AND BY BEING EASY ROGUES COULD GET HILVL WPNS WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR SHINY DAGGERS TO POWER UP. There is no denying this period.

Nevermind you needed geared rogues with H wpns to help push through the gimmicky class stacking joke of a fight Spine of Disappointment.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-24 at 04:41 PM.

I have no less than 5 alts that I have no desire to play often enough to complete the legendary quest. Am I supposed to rock a 496 cloak until the next xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I have no less than 5 alts that I have no desire to play often enough to complete the legendary quest. Am I supposed to rock a 496 cloak until the next xpac?
    No because trash drops 552 cloaks. Cloaks that CAN be upgraded to 572 with heroic tokens. Your post now has 0 point.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-24 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    First he is talking about an encounter you have 0 clue about. An encounter maybe 2 posters in this entire thread will come across this tier. And you at the beggining calling him a jerk for stating fact. Excellent job there. Can I call you a hypocrite? because your attitude and dismissal is far more sour.

Oh and you do get a nice cloak its called trash drops which are the exact same ilvl as normal mode everyone most players in the game will be stuck in for 8 months. Furthermore you can also obtain a 535 cloak from timeless isle at an insane speed. So yes you still can get your shiny cloak regardless of if the loot was purged.

I'm quite dumbfounded by the mass amount of players whining that they do need a cloak for alts when Siege has more trash in it to farm your cloaks then all the instances this expac put together.

Also another quick tidbit I just absolutely must clarify. DRAGON SOUL DAGGERS TOOK TIME TO MAKE YOU DIDNT ENTER DRAGON SOUL WITH BIS WEAPONS AND THE SHIT NORMAL MODE DAGGERS FROM THE RING QUEST AREN'T GODMODE BECAUSE THE DUNGEON WAS EASY AS FUCK AND BY BEING EASY ROGUES COULD GET HILVL WPNS WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR SHINY DAGGERS TO POWER UP. There is no denying this period.

Nevermind you needed geared rogues with H wpns to help push through the gimmicky class stacking joke of a fight Spine of Disappointment.
    Jesus christ get some sleep..
    Point was not everybody has that cloak or will get that cloak so they do drop in the raid because it is an upgrade for a few
    Last edited by Papier Light; 2013-09-24 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sense much fear in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we all please chill out just a little and discuss the topic without getting worked up and snippy with each other?

Thaaaaanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |