Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whait what if i want to have a cloak for my offspec? I can only have legendary cloak for 1 spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand new people, slow people (slow to do quest, not slow...) and just unlucky people don't have cloak, but they should have made it trash drop only or vendor. Hate as a Healing Priest that there are two bosses I wont bother to coin until I desperately need their items in fear of coining a beyond useless cloak. Hell, trash drop BoE, make some money off altoholics, etc.

It was bad enough in ToT not being able to coin some bosses in fear of cloak, now we have the same issue... Can't wait til we kill H Immerseus and get 3 cloaks for all our dps coins.

I totally understand why people complain, on our first Immersius kill in 25man we got 3x the same caster dps cloak and ALL of our caster have the legendary cloak lol XD . In 2-3 month , alot more people will have their legendary cloak and then its gonna be a real issue, 75% of immersius loot table will be useless and the trash drop will most likely be useless as well. But hey atleast war spirit are useful =)

I just got back to the game after a break, i have no legendary cloak. SO the ones that drop will be great for me. Question answered.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Whait what if i want to have a cloak for my offspec? I can only have legendary cloak for 1 spec
    ?!? You can have several legendary cloaks. Just buy a new 600 cloak and the item to convert it to lege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    ?!? You can have several legendary cloaks. Just buy a new 600 cloak and the item to convert it to lege.
    I can have several at once? Wow i did not imagine it was possible. Awesome, then.
    If i have to change it every time - noway

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    First he is talking about an encounter you have 0 clue about. An encounter maybe 2 posters in this entire thread will come across this tier. And you at the beggining calling him a jerk for stating fact. Excellent job there. Can I call you a hypocrite? because your attitude and dismissal is far more sour.

Oh and you do get a nice cloak its called trash drops which are the exact same ilvl as normal mode everyone most players in the game will be stuck in for 8 months. Furthermore you can also obtain a 535 cloak from timeless isle at an insane speed. So yes you still can get your shiny cloak regardless of if the loot was purged.

I'm quite dumbfounded by the mass amount of players whining that they do need a cloak for alts when Siege has more trash in it to farm your cloaks then all the instances this expac put together.

Also another quick tidbit I just absolutely must clarify. DRAGON SOUL DAGGERS TOOK TIME TO MAKE YOU DIDNT ENTER DRAGON SOUL WITH BIS WEAPONS AND THE SHIT NORMAL MODE DAGGERS FROM THE RING QUEST AREN'T GODMODE BECAUSE THE DUNGEON WAS EASY AS FUCK AND BY BEING EASY ROGUES COULD GET HILVL WPNS WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR SHINY DAGGERS TO POWER UP. There is no denying this period.

Nevermind you needed geared rogues with H wpns to help push through the gimmicky class stacking joke of a fight Spine of Disappointment.
    To get to the final part it took sometime. On day one of the raid though every rogue could go in pick pocket the boss and in a day have the first set of daggers, poof* instant new DS daggers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    As far as I am aware the content is tuned under the assumption that every raid member has a legendary cloak. If that is the case then why are cloaks still on heroic loot tables. Seems like a massive waste when 99.9999999%(accurate numbers I am a scientist www.notlying.org) of them are going to be DE'd.
    i think you really overestimate how many people actually have the cloak. i know quite a few have it but ive actually seen more people without it than with. it may be just because im on a smaller realm but even in CRZ and lfr 9i know lfr is a bad example) i only see a handful.

also. alts. i have 1 cloak. my only other 90 even remotely close to the cloak is on the runestones. my mage is on the sigils and my warrior hasnt even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Enough cloaks drop from trash to cover the 'alts' or 'I'm lazy' arguments. Hell, they can make trash drop heroic cloaks for all that matters. In 10 man at this moment a cloak dropping is being robbed of an item, no 'should have brought our hunter' or offspecs, just wasted loot from a progression kill.

You're right that people will enter the instance and probably even be able to clear it without the cloak. But there's nothing wrong with handicapping someone who's already handicapping themselves. They can manage with a NM trash cloak if the legendary is so unnecessary.

That's my rant done. Come at me.
    For this very reason, mmo-champ needs a like button

I personally thought that they should have just put cloaks on a vendor. Oh well.

It looks to me as though reading comprehension isn't many people's forte. Most people who are against the cloaks dropping suggest alternative ways of aquiring a cloak, be it dropping only in normal or from a VP vendor. Even suggesting that it is upgradable with a token. I don't see how people without the legendary cloak can considder this a bad thing. It's a win-win if you ask me. People without the legendary cloak can easily get another cloak, be it from trash, normal or a vendor, and raiders don't get stiffed on their coin rolls, because nothing is more infuriating than getting a cloak when you're rolling on immerseus for trinket

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enough cloaks drop from trash to cover the 'alts' or 'I'm lazy' arguments. Hell, they can make trash drop heroic cloaks for all that matters. In 10 man at this moment a cloak dropping is being robbed of an item, no 'should have brought our hunter' or offspecs, just wasted loot from a progression kill.

You're right that people will enter the instance and probably even be able to clear it without the cloak. But there's nothing wrong with handicapping someone who's already handicapping themselves. They can manage with a NM trash cloak if the legendary is so unnecessary.

That's my rant done. Come at me.
    OMG

Being robbed.

By a game.

The injustice.

Cloaks dropping only from trash or for raids with people without legendary cloaks is okay. But our raid has an awful bad luck when it comes to loot. Besides the obvious int leather (no caster drood/monk) we had a whopping 4 cloaks out of 10 bosses so far last ID. plus an additional one from trash. And yes, it felt pretty unfair while being in progress where every little itemlevel upgrade counts. We almost DE'd half of our boss loot in our second ID

I was ok with cloak dropping but... this week half of our loot from the early bosses went to disenchanting...I love 10 man...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the cloak yet because I dinged just a couple of months ago and at least I like my 553 cloak placeholder.

I can see the sense in keeping cloaks on normal loot tables (somewhat). However, as someone else said earlier in this thread, cloaks have no business being on heroic loot tables. It's crippling in a 10-man to waste half of your loot from a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    Typical elitest thinking everyone is going to have a cloak. jeez
    Its not elitist. Stop misusing that word.

And I agree, having cloaks (badly statted cloaks, at that!) in the loot table sucks. Especially on the first boss! I've had TWO cloaks from Immersius, both instantly sharded. No trinket. That's frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

The cloaks from trash drop in such a quantity that it's obvious they are there to be used as items for those who do not have the cloak. A single clear of SoO would drop from like 3-5 cloaks depending on your luck. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who'd argue against the idea of them being the catchup.
    I agree with this. Having either a relatively common trash drop OR a vendor alternative would be fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    You can have as many as you like, actually. You just have to pay for it.

And as others said, having alternatives to boss loot would be just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    To get to the final part it took sometime. On day one of the raid though every rogue could go in pick pocket the boss and in a day have the first set of daggers, poof* instant new DS daggers.
    Yep. I still hate agility dagger drops due to remembering this.

"Rogues get free awesome weapons via a little extra hard work? Awesome! ...hang on, why do bosses keep dropping so many daggers no-one wants?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    It's not elitist at all, Blizz themself stated that the content is tuned for people having the cloak.
    Probably the reason why the only (?) cloaks are trashdrops, instead of bossloot.
    There's no cloaks on trash and lots of them on boss loot. More cloaks than some other much more important slots actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    simple solution, if a player has the cloak make it impossible for them to receive a cloak from a token roll. cloaks will still drop normally from a boss
    This. The only token drops our raid has gotten have been cloaks. That's not even shardable, it's vendor gold.

Well. Got my third cloak from a coin roll.

Seriously, smart loot? Would be nice if it didn't drop the same thing three weeks in a row.