Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    If you want to continue WoW's lore then yes, you need more corruption stories, what would you fight in future expansions then?
    MoP's story was fueled by Garrosh (for a good part of it) and he wasn't corrupted. Sure he used the power of an Old God but he was in control.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    MoP's story was fueled by Garrosh (for a good part of it) and he wasn't corrupted. Sure he used the power of an Old God but he was in control.
    Well do you really want to repeat the story about how someone just went evil because funsies? I would really, however with blizzard's poor writing I dont think they can write a good character that has good reasons to go evil without corruption, even if Its cliched

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Your idea for a story would honestly be the most boring and bland cliched thing they've done. I would bake a cake that I canceled my sub up learning it was true rather than be intrigued to resub.
    Well I didn't say I want that to happen, or that It would be a good story, I just said it might happen.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Well do you really want to repeat the story about how someone just went evil because funsies? I would really, however with blizzard's poor writing I dont think they can write a good character that has good reasons to go evil without corruption, even if Its cliched

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well I didn't say I want that to happen, or that It would be a good story, I just said it might happen.
    The chief problem is that they can "go evil", that's just crap writing to begin with. If Garrosh had stuck to a stance, like returning honor to the horde, or flailed at his goals and been insulated from the true responses to his actions, then it would have made sense. As it is, he turned a corner and walked down evil street with no cause or reason other than having turned left.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,382
    WoW keeps you regular!™ New advanced formula keeps you perfectly timed with your raiding schedule.

    Mind controlling expansion predictionists as well. Prob even behind player attitude issues. Azshara trying to take over Azeroth inside and out, the player is known to be a real threat, not just the people they control. Your presence is known... Creepy.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-09-23 at 06:30 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Well do you really want to repeat the story about how someone just went evil because funsies? I would really, however with blizzard's poor writing I dont think they can write a good character that has good reasons to go evil without corruption, even if Its cliched
    But just look at Azshara, who you want to set up as the villain. She was evil before meeting Sarg or N'zoth.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But just look at Azshara, who you want to set up as the villain. She was evil before meeting Sarg or N'zoth.
    Well you are right, she is, but I would like to fight some lore heavy characters, of which WoW is starting to lack, a solution would be turning some good guys into evilness, instead of just Azshara's raid with her 14 generic minions.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Well you are right, she is, but I would like to fight some lore heavy characters, of which WoW is starting to lack, a solution would be turning some good guys into evilness, instead of just Azshara's raid with her 14 generic minions.
    That is not a solution. Corruption stories get old, fast. And sooner or later we'll run out of "good guys" to kill. What WoW needs is new lasting lore. Something like MoP but with more setup for new villains. MoP did a good job at introducing helpful NPCs like Lorewalker Cho, but it needs to create villians for future expansions, which is NOT what Jaina should be.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Well you are right, she is, but I would like to fight some lore heavy characters, of which WoW is starting to lack, a solution would be turning some good guys into evilness, instead of just Azshara's raid with her 14 generic minions.
    Sounds more like you want a game that does nothing other than mow through all the major WC 1-3 characters, make no new ones, and end when they run out. For no other reason then because omg it's Jaina and I get to fight her.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2013-09-23 at 06:31 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  9. #29
    you made this exact same post right before mists came out only now youve included the dark below and aethas.

    just like last time, theres no evidence of any naga being close enough to jaina when the bombs dropped to have influenced her, not only that but azshara herself would probably need to be there to take influence over the strongest human mage on azeroth and theres no evidence azshara had any ways of getting into dalaran where aethas lived and...

    basically theres no evidence ANY of this is possible, that ANY of this happened end of story. coming back an expansion later and adding in aethas and the dark below doesnt help with your theory
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    I loled at this point
    "the next expansion is practically confirmed to be The Dark Below"
    That's when I stopped reading, personally.

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Turbotef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    854
    Mighty Max and Polly Pocket expansion is practically confirmed at this point!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nipsoft/simple
    TERA - Lolapetto (Reaper lvl 60) - Akress (Berserker lvl 60, retired)
    FF14 - Nakaress Solatte (lvl 30 Monk, lvl 35 Warrior)
    GW2 - Dilla Donia (lvl 80 Warrior)

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Is this comfirmed?
    Nothing about the next expansion has been confirmed, and probably won't be until Blizzcon.

  13. #33
    I like how you say "Jaina is being mind controlled" and dont show us any evidence to say she is. Its your assumption yet the title of your post says IS which means to me that it IS something happening right now... So please provide me with evidence before i can believe you
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you made this exact same post right before mists came out only now youve included the dark below and aethas.

    just like last time, theres no evidence of any naga being close enough to jaina when the bombs dropped to have influenced her, not only that but azshara herself would probably need to be there to take influence over the strongest human mage on azeroth and theres no evidence azshara had any ways of getting into dalaran where aethas lived and...

    basically theres no evidence ANY of this is possible, that ANY of this happened end of story. coming back an expansion later and adding in aethas and the dark below doesnt help with your theory
    I did?, are you sure it was me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's when I stopped reading, personally.
    Your post is very helpful, thank you for your contribution.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I like how you say "Jaina is being mind controlled" and dont show us any evidence to say she is. Its your assumption yet the title of your post says IS which means to me that it IS something happening right now... So please provide me with evidence before i can believe you
    Where do I say that Im trying to convince you? I just said it could happen, it is something I think may explain stuff that is going on, not that it is the absolute truth and you have to swallow it.

  15. #35
    She's not being mind controlled. She's just finally managed to maneouver all the pieces into a position where she feels it's safe to start showing her true nature.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    She's not being mind controlled. She's just finally managed to maneouver all the pieces into a position where she feels it's safe to start showing her true nature.
    Probably, but I think it is still safe to assume that if we are gonna fight Azshara sometime in the future, she HAS to have someone MCd be it on the horde or the alliance.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Your comment has nothing to do with the post smart guy, if you read my post I am OBVIOUSLY assuming that TDB is the next expansion, be it because I havent been convinced otherwise or just because that would be epic to me and I want that to happen, remember when MOP was trademarked? no one thought it would be an expansion and BAM pandas.
    Welcome to MMO-C, where most posters would rather play semantics, pick faults or just flat out fail at reading comprehension so they can argue with you over an issue that wasn't even in the original post.

    Personally if Jaina is now a crazy bitch then I'd rather it be because she's a crazy bitch. Woman's been through a lot, there's a reason soldiers usually return to home life carrying some deep trauma with them and even the greatest of us can crack when witnessing the horrors of war first hand. There's no reason for Jaina to be MCed, I don't even see why people seem to be so resistant to the new aggressive Jaina.....I mean honestly she's had her trust betrayed over and over, she's always tried to play nice and it never worked for her. If she didn't eventually snap/give up then I think most of us could be questioning how on earth she could continuously be so naive.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Welcome to MMO-C, where most posters would rather play semantics, pick faults or just flat out fail at reading comprehension so they can argue with you over an issue that wasn't even in the original post.
    <snipping this for the trash>

    Infracted post for spam, a meme is not quite a right thing to use for an answer in a forum.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-09-23 at 02:24 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  19. #39
    Azshara is op?
    Bitch, I have fought avatars of the old gods, the burning legion, The king of the dead, the dragon of the apocalypse AND an insane faction leader .....

    That little girl is going to get raped by me .....

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I like how you say "Jaina is being mind controlled" and dont show us any evidence to say she is. Its your assumption yet the title of your post says IS which means to me that it IS something happening right now... So please provide me with evidence before i can believe you
    but she is being mean to the poor poor innocent horde
    that is evidence enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •