Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Now I don't think the OP is correct at all but just want to comment on your comment.
    Why wouldn't Azshara want to mind control Jaina? She's extremely powerful and the leader of a powerful group of magi. Seems like a smart move to me.
    Why would Azshara feel the need to mind control a human (a race she'd regard the same way she would a cockroach) when she has hundreds of thousands if not millions of Naga who are so slavishly, almost religiously devoted to her that any one of them would ecstatically disembowel themselves (or each other) simply for her entertainment? She has to our knowledge literally NO interest in the politics of the mortal races whatsoever; so choosing to waste even a tiny fraction of her sorcerous power to mentally take over the leader of a comparatively small city-state of (mostly human and thus insignificant in her opinion) mages just seems like it would be massively out of character based on what we know of her personality.

  2. #42
    Newsflash: Garrosh and Varian come out and admit they're having a secret relationship. The prince is not amused and starts it off with that cougar Jaina. Next week on Warcraft soap: Will Thrall's jealousy lead him into back-cheating Varian with a troll? Will Deathwing make the dramatic re-appearance? "Ha, told you, I AM INVINCIBLE!" Will Bolvar ever get that crown unwelded?

    Next week on this channel in Looney TV, where we make up shit to amuse the masses (and MMO-C forums!).

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    1,060
    Jaina is doing the most sensible thing in her situation.

    But according to the game rules not trusting the horde is evil , so people lose their minds when she says something in that way.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    If you want to continue WoW's lore then yes, you need more corruption stories, what would you fight in future expansions then?
    Hmmm..perhaps some new, unique villains who have legitimate reasons for their villainy besides the tired old cliches of "Mind-controlled" or "Insane"?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    Hmmm..perhaps some new, unique villains who have legitimate reasons for their villainy besides the tired old cliches of "Mind-controlled" or "Insane"?
    I wonder what happened to the good old tried and proven "Yo dog, that's my land, get your foot off that or else..." argument for war. Or you know, killing princes and shit. I know just the right guy to off for that! Quick hint, he's blonde, likes to wander of on his own on some probably drug induced self finding quest and annoys the hell out of everyone, Alliance included.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    Azshara is op?
    Bitch, I have fought avatars of the old gods, the burning legion, The king of the dead, the dragon of the apocalypse AND an insane faction leader .....

    That little girl is going to get raped by me .....
    lich king is weaker, deathwing is weaker, illidan is weaker, garrosh is weaker. The old gods are in a weakened state and therefore weaker than a full power azshara and kil'jaeden was in a weakened state and therefore weaker than a full power azshara.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    lich king is weaker, deathwing is weaker, illidan is weaker, garrosh is weaker. The old gods are in a weakened state and therefore weaker than a full power azshara and kil'jaeden was in a weakened state and therefore weaker than a full power azshara.
    Just to support your point, a quote from Wowwiki:

    "Mannoroth discovered, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and Sargeras could have matched her."

    Yep, she's one mean bitch alright.

  8. #48
    Jaina could be getting mind controlled by the betrayer of the Bronze Dragonflight. I think that would be more believable than Azshara out of the blue.

  9. #49
    HOENN... uhm... DARK BELOW! YEAH! CONFIRMED!

    >About the same extent of 'unveiled data' as the one available for the ominous project Titan before it got shelved.
    Sounds legit!

    Also: demonic mind-control as a reason for individual corruption has been worn out by Blizzard already. Having Jaina's tantrum attributed to yet another possession is pretty much a no-no at this point.

    If anything, applying this local cliche would have made yet another WoW female into a mindless automaton driven by external tampering. Fury over her people and kingdom being exterminated once and for all? NOPE IT HAS TO BE OLD GOD/AZSHARA/DRAGON/DEMON CUZ SHE CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A PERSONALITY GAIZ!
    Last edited by Antoine de Coolette; 2013-09-23 at 11:09 AM.

  10. #50
    High Overlord Trollhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    148
    If anyone is controlling/possessing Jaina it would be Sargeras.. Just as he did Medivh.. They came in contact with Sargeras in the battle for undercity.. so it wouldn't be too far off..

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    If anyone is controlling/possessing Jaina it would be Sargeras.. Just as he did Medivh.. They came in contact with Sargeras in the battle for undercity.. so it wouldn't be too far off..

    Someone comes up with a shittastic miscarriage of a 'concept' to try and link the only bit of character developement Jaina ever had to alleged next expansion...

    ...And yet there are THREE pages worth of people lapping it up.

    Can someone explain to me why people on MMO-champ's WoW section are bickering about quality of design and writing? Because this thread implies that a chunk of posters on here has no taste at all- -why does it matter?

  12. #52
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post

    Someone comes up with a shittastic miscarriage of a 'concept' to try and link the only bit of character developement Jaina ever had to alleged next expansion...

    ...And yet there are THREE pages worth of people lapping it up.

    Can someone explain to me why people on MMO-champ's WoW section are bickering about quality of design and writing? Because this thread implies that a chunk of posters on here has no taste at all- -why does it matter?
    Ok we get it we are all morons and you know it all.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    I loled at this point
    "the next expansion is practically confirmed to be The Dark Below"
    It might not be officially confirmed but bet on it right on, "The Dark Below" will be the next expansion.

  14. #54
    I like to believe everyone in WoW is mind controlled, and once they are released that they all go back to their WC3 awesomeness.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like to believe everyone in WoW is mind controlled, and once they are released that they all go back to their WC3 awesomeness.
    You must be mind controlled if you consider anything in wc3 awesome.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  16. #56
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    The other day I was pooping and thinking about Jaina.... OKAY OP!

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,844
    Or maybe Jaina just went batshit insane like everyone else does in WoW over time.

  18. #58
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Or maybe Jaina just went batshit insane like everyone else does in WoW over time.
    Would you be batshit insane if your entire home /city where most of your friends and family lives was nuked with minimal survivors. Would you feel some disdain if this came from the leader of the Horde. A group of people you sided with against your OWN FATHER to protect peace. Then some new leadercomes in pisses on the pact made with her city written in her fathers blood and blows up everything INCLUDING a huge portion of the Kirin Tor and their leader which was her home away from home.

    Worst of all Varian, Daelin, Arthas's FATHER. She has been around to see every little decision made when the horde was on it's knees and it always regrouped and came back for more blood. She sided with Thrall and let her father and his army from her home nation die because she believed in the hollow peace. Had she let her father run through without informing on his tactics the infantile Horde this was before they even had bloodelves and forsaken. Would have crumbled. Theramore would be flourishing. Nightelves would be content in their tranquil lands.

    That is not to say the Allaince wouldn't be dead regardless. The armies converging into the dark portal, Into Northrend, the Elementals planes. These things were a two pronged assault at all times.

    As much as they dislike eachother the need eachother to protect the world.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-23 at 05:45 PM.

  19. #59
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    The other day I was pooping and reflecting over Jaina's recent behavior, and I came to this conclusion: Azshara is controlling her and probably Aethas too.
    Think about it, the next expansion is practically confirmed to be The Dark Below

    Stopped right there. As it was pretty much confirmed to be a hoax.

  20. #60
    I love when characters actually start to behave like human beings in WoW-story people start piling up all sort of convoluted MIND CONTROLLD! crap.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •