Rapid Fire Arcane Shot Question

I recently got my 2pc and I already have my normal AoC fully upgraded. This made my Rapid Fire CD with my current haste and rotation, to around 50 seconds. Is it worth it to then take ToTH over DB in an attempt for near 100% uptime on Rapid Fire. I am BM btw.
    Last edited by xazrael; 2013-09-23 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for toth as sv,but as BM it sims as a dps loss for me if I switch DB with TOTH atm,don't have assurance yet,so no idea,when I'm in doubt I just sim myself on femaledwarf and simcraft then do some testing on dummies/dungeons and see whats better

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    yes get toth
    False, using ToTH as BM is almost 100% dps lost by up to 6-7k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Show us your sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    248333.17 -4457.55 (-1.79%) for me when switching to TOTH from DB on femaledwarf with 2set in my current gear/reforge,didn't check simcraft yet,tho I do not have AoC yet,
    OP it would be nice to link your armory aswell..

Nothing should ever beat DB for BM in single-target, not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I found the OP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arrow/advanced
    Simmed him in femaledwarf,7 min fight,default rotation, and got 252296.66 -3992.18 (-1.58%) dps loss from switching out of DB for TOTH

Ah yes sorry I forgot to link armory. Even with the 1.58% loss, would multitarget fights (where you must switch) be an increased to compensate for the travel time of DB?

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Not for me its not - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...CTwin/advanced

AoC + 2pc + BM.

226k w/ ToTH, 215k w/ DB. Might have something to do with ~67% uptime of ToTH.

I hit about 215k on Live. Still getting used to the de-sync of Springs and BW.

You need to use Fervor with 2 set for any spec...TotH isn't as reliable as Fervor's Guaranteed focus gain every 30 sec. You lose dps using anything but Fervor with 2 set. And i see you mentioned your current haste in a way that made it sound like you are building Haste> Crit > Mastery? Don't do that you get more dps from Crit > Haste > Mastery even with 2 set. GL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambithepatient View Post
    You need to use Fervor with 2 set for any spec...TotH isn't as reliable as Fervor's Guaranteed focus gain every 30 sec. You lose dps using anything but Fervor with 2 set. And i see you mentioned your current haste in a way that made it sound like you are building Haste> Crit > Mastery? Don't do that you get more dps from Crit > Haste > Mastery even with 2 set. GL!
    Show us your sims.

Deleted
    I am having my doubts about this. Playing SV and ToTH has incredible uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by CTwin View Post
    Not for me its not - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...CTwin/advanced

AoC + 2pc + BM.

226k w/ ToTH, 215k w/ DB. Might have something to do with ~67% uptime of ToTH.

I hit about 215k on Live. Still getting used to the de-sync of Springs and BW.
    Chances are you didn't update your shot priority after switching in Dire Beast. I just ran it for you and see a 2900 DPS loss by using TotH.

- - - Updated - - -

You need 5 consumed TotH charges per 30 seconds to outpace Fervor. We cast about 10-11 Arcanes per 30s with TotH (simming myself through FD, 107 casts in 5 mins). That's an estimated 3-4 procs, or 9-12 charges generated in a 30 second window.

I understand that the math gets dicier when you start to add in the chance for TotH procs overriding themselves, but there should be more than enough room for error there.

Now, if you wanted to argue the merits of Fervor with the 4pc, you might have something, but that's more due to the possibility of long proc chains of both TotH and LnL.
    Last edited by Aertea; 2013-09-30 at 01:13 PM.

USE SIMCRAFT to find out what talent choice is best for you as it will vary depending on your gear. Don't just blindly tell people something is best because giving out wrong information helps no one.

Myself for BM: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslip/advanced
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-09-30 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    USE SIMCRAFT to find out what talent choice is best for you as it will vary depending on your gear. Don't just blindly tell people something is best because giving out wrong information helps no one.

In regards to MM and the 2p. Would you spam Arcane until RF pops than hard cast Aim. Or would you still drop arcane for hard cast Aim, you would still reduce Rf just not as fast. I don't believe I can sim that.

Hard cast is defiantly a DPS increase with my gear. Trying to see if the 2p changes that. I'll hit the dummy later and post the results (not very scientific).

Ehhh I don't touch simcraft, femaledwarf is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Ehhh I don't touch simcraft, femaledwarf is where it's at.
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
    Laugh cause you think it's a well played troll, then cry when you realize it's not.