Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    you can reach 520+ the same day u hit lvl90.
    Please share your wisdom with us , cause I was under the impression that you got 496 the day you hit 90 ( maybe 520 after a week when u get a few burdens and LFR gear.

    But 520 ilvl on the same day you hit 90 ? nah

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'm seeing this a lot in General chat.
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.

    I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

    I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.
    I'm in the same boat, Raided since Vanilla, Heroic Progression in Wrath/Cata... then life caught up with me.

    Not going to bother even trying to pug flex for a month or so, just can't be bothered with the ilvl heroes. But, in time, just like ICC, there will pugs every 5 minutes. Once I'm LFR/Timeless Isle (535) geared and 2/2 upgraded, then I'll worry about flex, and I'll likely change my offspec back to healing since DPS isn't exactly "in demand".

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.
    I've got 554 item level on my main and believe it or not I could replace half of my gear with flex items.

  4. #24
    Our guild (massive, multi-raidgroups guild) runs a flex raid every Sunday and we'll gladly take 510+ ppl from the guild since we have 540+ players that will end up making the run easy anyways. However, in a pug, you can't account for having multiple super geared people.

    Put it this way. The 540 geared leader can either find other 540s to quickly finish Flex with no need to wipe or explain things to people. He could also run with 520's and potentially have more troubles with the run.

    I have no problem with a leader asking for (his ilvl-5). It's just him not wanting to end up carrying the group.

    Yes, I know sometimes a 520 player will outperform a 540 player. However, on average, a 540 player WILL outperform a 520 player. That is undeniable.

  5. #25
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    993
    I have done Flex raids that asked for ilvl 510 with a Restoration Shaman (508 ilvl back then) and a Blood Death Knight (515 ilvl back then). When looking for more people for my flex raid, I'd rather say "Link best proving grounds achievement and knowledge of bosses."
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  6. #26
    WoW logic : '' you need higher ilvl to do the place that drops lower ilvl than you have ''

    yesterday I saw 530+ needed for a hc scenario and 535+ needed for ToT normal, sadly it's the mentality nowadays so you can either :

    -Rage about it
    -Suck it up
    -Do the same thing one day and upset other people

    I would recommend the 3th option, person once told me '' if u cant beat trolls u join them '' and while this ain't perse trolling it's still solid advice.
    Don't try and fix the problem if your the only one wanting it fixed and just join the swagkids and their retarded requirements for overgearing content.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    WoW logic : '' you need higher ilvl to do the place that drops lower ilvl than you have ''

    yesterday I saw 530+ needed for a hc scenario and 535+ needed for ToT normal, sadly it's the mentality nowadays so you can either :

    -Rage about it
    -Suck it up
    -Do the same thing one day and upset other people

    I would recommend the 3th option, person once told me '' if u cant beat trolls u join them '' and while this ain't perse trolling it's still solid advice.
    Don't try and fix the problem if your the only one wanting it fixed and just join the swagkids and their retarded requirements for overgearing content.
    Make your own pug, no ilvl requirements, tell us how it went!
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    People moan that LFR is faceroll, then people PuG normal (and now /flex) with absurd ilvl requirements in order to make them faceroll too.

    Bottom line, people say they 'want a challenge' but really they just want loot.
    Raiding in a guild with people you know = Spend time progressing (in a possibly friendly setting), wiping on bosses and clearing challenging content
    Raiding in a PuG with strangers = Clearing the content as fast as possible, to gear up alts/find missing pieces for mains.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Make your own pug, no ilvl requirements, tell us how it went!
    I never said no ilvl requirements needed, don't twist my words mate.

    just saying I did hc scenarios before my toon reached a 495 cap with 2 friends that were 490 and we never whiped once, so 530+ is b*llshit.
    Same with ToT normal needing 535+, anyone with half a brain and past raid experience can do that in ToT LFR gear with ease.

    I basically made a post saying asking more ilvl than what drops is bs, you turned my post into '' lol scrubs you can go with a group with no ilvl requirement whatsoever ''
    if you disagree and you are one of those '' overgear it or no inv '' people that's fine, but don't twist my post into something it wasn't.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    But 520 ilvl on the same day you hit 90 ? nah
    I leveled a second druid to 90 yesterday, at the end of the day my average ilvl is 515 BUT I have an ilvl 410 weapon. The only thing that would be considered "out of bounds" lucky was getting a piece of loot from Ordos. I also got a grevious piece from the celestial boss but you could easily get that by doing arena in crafted Malevolent gear too.

    520 is definitely doable.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I never said no ilvl requirements needed, don't twist my words mate.

    just saying I did hc scenarios before my toon reached a 495 cap with 2 friends that were 490 and we never whiped once, so 530+ is b*llshit.
    Same with ToT normal needing 535+, anyone with half a brain and past raid experience can do that in ToT LFR gear with ease.

    I basically made a post saying asking more ilvl than what drops is bs, you turned my post into '' lol scrubs you can go with a group with no ilvl requirement whatsoever ''
    if you disagree and you are one of those '' overgear it or no inv '' people that's fine, but don't twist my post into something it wasn't.
    While mine was the other extreme, i don't see a problem with those requirements.
    As i said, you can always make your own group. (and no requiments was just the other extreme)

    Most people just want to get their stuff done ASAP, if you can ask 540+ for a heroic scenario, why wouldnt you? It's insanely fast!

    And while all your points may be true, there is no way in knowing if the person you are inviting actualy has a working brain.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  12. #32
    yesterday we did part 1 and 2 of SoO Flex,

    6 guild members + 4 pugs, we said minimum requirement 520 (which shouldnt be too hard with valor upgrades)
    and we were fine in Flex, at best 1 wipe on a boss before we downed it too get used too a fight (some pugs never had done it yet, and a few of us were playing a different role then our mains). all in all fun quick experience, for which you dnt need those absurb ilvl requirements.

  13. #33
    I'm 545 ilvl without having 548 helm, neck, shoulders, bracers, legs, rings and weapon. so if I want to be competent in my roster I must clean flex every week.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    While mine was the other extreme, i don't see a problem with those requirements.
    As i said, you can always make your own group. (and no requiments was just the other extreme)

    Most people just want to get their stuff done ASAP, if you can ask 540+ for a heroic scenario, why wouldnt you? It's insanely fast!
    Why would you want to do a HC scenario insanely fast if u overgear it by 30 ilvls ? that's like saying let's go ICC with 540+ so it's extremely fast.
    Also making your own group with 510 is impossible , no one will stay and accuse you of wanted to get boosted yourself, unless you find a bunch of friends.

    Maybe if you put your sh*t on Openraid, but not in trade chat.
    Anyway we clearly got different views on things so im gonna leave it at this before it goes offtopic

  15. #35
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Please share your wisdom with us , cause I was under the impression that you got 496 the day you hit 90 ( maybe 520 after a week when u get a few burdens and LFR gear.

    But 520 ilvl on the same day you hit 90 ? nah
    Nalak, oondasta, possibly killed before u hit 90 so you already have some 522 gear ready.
    522 crafts are almost free to make.
    ToT lfr, ToT normal/hc
    SoO lfr, new world boss, ordos if you have cloak on one char.
    Heroic scenario.

    Nothing special about this, just need some rng and I guess many have done this.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Why would you want to do a HC scenario insanely fast if u overgear it by 30 ilvls ? that's like saying let's go ICC with 540+ so it's extremely fast.
    Also making your own group with 510 is impossible , no one will stay and accuse you of wanted to get boosted yourself, unless you find a bunch of friends.

    Maybe if you put your sh*t on Openraid, but not in trade chat.
    Anyway we clearly got different views on things so im gonna leave it at this before it goes offtopic
    because id rather spend 5 minutes on getting my 150 VP, then 10 minutes :P

    I run daily scenarios on my 510-520 toons every day, never had a problem getting into a group or making one (Using Oqueue)

    But hey if your on EU and Horde, we can run together sometimes if ya like.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I've been doing every raid since MC up to Lich King while it was still current content. I don't need you to tell me what an MMO is.
    If i wanted to raid hard core again i would seek out a raiding guild. Flex is not hard core content. It's casual content.
    Either form your own raid group without/with lower requirements and see how that goes or learn to convince the raid leaders that you know what you're doing. I wasn't playing in cataclysm. I came back only for a few months and I easily pugged through DS and killed Deathwing in my 2nd or 3rd PuG attempting him (the night before they started stacking the nerf). Be polite, ask raid leaders to test your knowledge of the fights and get some proving grounds achievements and you should be fine.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I leveled a second druid to 90 yesterday, at the end of the day my average ilvl is 515 BUT I have an ilvl 410 weapon. The only thing that would be considered "out of bounds" lucky was getting a piece of loot from Ordos. I also got a grevious piece from the celestial boss but you could easily get that by doing arena in crafted Malevolent gear too.

    520 is definitely doable.
    How did you kill Ordos after just dinging 90?

    Anyway, my bank alt has atleast 1 set of each Timeless Armor type, (2+ for most) so any future alts I level can get close to a 496 set right from the get go. However, that's a far cry from 520. To get higher I'd either need to be very lucky in LFR, get carried, or hit the AH and spend a small fortune.

    Given SoO LFR is 528, only one wing is open an you can't farm onus rollls, the best you could (potentially) farm is ToT @ 502.

    It's easy to gear up alts there days, but lets not exaggerate.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-09-23 at 09:35 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    How did you kill Ordos after just dinging 90?

    Anyway, my bank alt has atleast 1 set of gear (2+ for most) so any future alts I level can get a 496 set right from the get go. However, that's a far cry from 520. To get higher I'd either need to be very lucky in LFR, get carried, or hit the AH and spend a small fortune.

    It's easy to gear up alts there days, but lets not exaggerate.
    All chars on the cloak account can tickle ordos
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    All chars on the cloak account can tickle ordos
    Damn.... I had no clue. Ah well, my alts missed out on 2 kills each then

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •