Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFM - SOO Flex iLvl 535+

I'm seeing this a lot in General chat.
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.

I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post

I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.
    Remember "whisper hp if you're a tank" in TBC?
    Remember GearScore back in Wrath?
    Yeah, it's the same. It's fucking stupid.

No different then in Wrath when you had to have a crazy gearscore to get into pugs.

Generally speaking, PuG groups of any type are made by 1-3 people that need gear and are a low ilvl. Therefore they want to get people who out gear the content so that they can get carried through and get gear smoothly, because they know if everyone had the same gear as them that it would be much more challenging.

Solutions are either raid with a guild, or start your own groups. The former isn't always an option and the latter is a pain in the ass, so good luck.

It's the same with "LFM 2nd flex wing SoO, only with clear acm"
    But well, they are the raid leaders and they are up to define the raid rules.

In the end it's funny when they regret to invite you into the raid and then you post your "Cutting Edge" acm after that they want to invite you ASAP but well, I don't want to raid with idiots anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Remember "whisper hp if you're a tank" in TBC?
    Remember GearScore back in Wrath?
    Yeah, it's the same. It's fucking stupid.
    It's kindof necessary when you get tells from people who are still in questing greens, wanting to run raid content. Then argue with you about how they are super leet and skill > gear, but what that really means is that they are too lazy to run dungeons for a starting gear set, and want to get carried.

535 is high for flex considering the difficulty level of flex mode. I mean really...lol.

Read up on the encounters and form your own group, OP Or find a good guild to run with (ideal solution).

Tbh, Flex was not implented for pugs, it was implented for smaller guilds/friend groups across servers, so if you have not done it before on flex, I suggest you run it with friends/guild first to get the achievment.Else start your own group.
    LFR is not the same as flex just so you know, so I can understand why they would not bother explaining tacts to a single person who had never been there before (on flex/norm) while the others just wants to finish it.
    Regarding your experience, if it is not current content, it's not worth anything to pugs

Think we cleared first part flex with ease with most players around ilvl 500 only. Point is, knowing tactics makes the difference more than ilvl does.

I just play casual in a guild that used to raid a lot but only have a few sub10 casual players still active. So if you are in a similar situation like us just try and find another guild in same situation and agree on doing some flex together. It has worked out really nice for us, even tho the other guild is on another realm its no problem.

Love the flexibilöity of Flex Raiding since we can just take whatever above 10 and go.
    Last edited by Zalamander; 2013-09-23 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People moan that LFR is faceroll, then people PuG normal (and now /flex) with absurd ilvl requirements in order to make them faceroll too.

Bottom line, people say they 'want a challenge' but really they just want loot.

It's a pug, the pug leader decides who's in and who's out, end of story.

If the pug leader wants you to link him your ID to get into the group, so be it, it's his group and he decides, if he wants a video of you dancing before inviting you he can ask you that.

Now, to tell you why is because people don't want to take the chance of inviting a baddie who can dissolve the group quickly, and the extra gear is to make up for retardedness in the group.

If you want everything to be fair go find a guild that has rules you like, pugs will never satisfy you and the the pug community can be split into two groups -

Group 1 - people who does it on their alt and want their alt geared, and therefor expects people to have gear around their alts gear and experience compareable to their main.
    Group 2 - People who does it on their main, useally not in any proper guild capable of doing raids, these guys have very low experience and attract people of the same caliber, they might however have semi-high gear level because of how easy it is to get, and therefor demand you have it aswell.

Oh and as a last point, only having done LFR will NEVER FUCKING EVER get you into any decent group unless they're REALLY, REALLY, REALLY desperate, LFR is a complete joke that you can AFK through if you want, having done LFR proves nothing, only that you're probably incapable of doing it on a harder difficulty (Note, this is not the truth but it's how a lot of people see it).
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Think we cleared first part flex with ease with most players around ilvl 500 only. Point is, knowing tactics makes the difference more than ilvl does.
    Pretty much. Going with 535 is like nuking an anthill.

Deleted
    Go find some friends (It's an MMO after all) that are in a guild which does flex raids once in a while. Once you are in this clique and have proven yourself to be good, you'll be able to join on any low ilvl character.

my edit was so late so I just add it down here too hehe.

I just play casual in a guild that used to raid a lot but only have a few sub10 casual players still active. So if you are in a similar situation like us just try and find another guild in same situation and agree on doing some flex together. It has worked out really nice for us, even tho the other guild is on another realm its no problem.

Love the flexibilöity of Flex Raiding since we can just take whatever above 10 and go.

2 small groups of veteran raiders can acomplish way more than most PuGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Go find some friends (It's an MMO after all) that are in a guild which does flex raids once in a while. Once you are in this clique and have proven yourself to be good, you'll be able to join on any low ilvl character.
    I've been doing every raid since MC up to Lich King while it was still current content. I don't need you to tell me what an MMO is.
    If i wanted to raid hard core again i would seek out a raiding guild. Flex is not hard core content. It's casual content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    saw some one lastnight or yesterday on my server asking for 540+ they were like 529 lol

saw another resto druid asking for 530+ for normal...he was 505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

If you don't have anything you can link to prove that you're good and don't have the gear level they're after people are going to assume the worst.

Make your own group.

Ignore the raid leaders who want you to overgear content to be allowed to run it. They can be bad elsewhere.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2013-09-23 at 08:46 AM.

#1 trinket power 535 doesn't matter #2 Tier sets #3 All Flex loot trumps dogshit isle loot.

So yes if you had 535 you would want flex gear. Glad I cleared that up with you.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-23 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Pretty much. Going with 535 is like nuking an anthill.
    Sounds fun, im in.

And i still run Flex too for small upgrades, if i were to make a group, i would ask the same.

I don't want to do it with a bunch of people needing upgrades in every slot, im looking for a smooth run and a chance at a few upgrades. Not dragging it out cause i wanted to be nice to that guy that said he knew what to do.
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-09-23 at 08:54 AM.

Imo it were expected that ppl should ask for 530-540 gear this fast, you can reach 520+ the same day u hit lvl90.
    Ppl dont do flex wipe/carry ppl.

I've had no problems tanking first and second SoO wings on my 523 ilvl Tank nor dpsing on my 518 ilvl priest. Groups on my realm are looking for 520+ ,which is reasonable and not hard to achieve.

Deleted
    i always run SoO on openraid with 520+ requirement. works like a charm.