Deleted

[RBG] What class/spec is the best FC in 5.4?

Been in-active in pvp and RBG for a while. Which classes and specs are the best FCs in RBG at the moment?

Deleted
    Its a choice between mobility/survival.

Full out mobility -> WW monk
    Insane survival -> Demo Lock
    Bit of both worlds -> Feral Druid

P.S. In case you didnt notice, tank specs are irrelevant atm

feral druid nothing comes close

also demo lock is not viable they receive the 50% tank damage taken bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Its a choice between mobility/survival.

Full out mobility -> WW monk
    Insane survival -> Demo Lock
    Bit of both worlds -> Feral Druid

P.S. In case you didnt notice, tank specs are irrelevant atm
    So, to further expand this question: does the tank spot get filled with an extra dps or healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    So, to further expand this question: does the tank spot get filled with an extra dps or healer?
    by the flag carrier..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    by the flag carrier..
    Let's say I already had a feral druid in the group and the warrior tank gets dropped. Do i run with 7 dps or 4 healers?

Most groups I have seen run 7 DPS / 3 healers
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Let's say I already had a feral druid in the group and the warrior tank gets dropped. Do i run with 7 dps or 4 healers?
    I think the point is that you are really running with 6 dps, 3 healers, and 1 flag carrier- who is a dps spec, but not really important.

rogue is strongest rn

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are actually pretty solid flag carriers right now - like Malgru said

Ideally if possible - run 6 DPS, 3 Healers, and one switch - depending on the battleground, it can be advantageous to have 4 healers rather than 7 DPS (like Silvershard). Alternately you never want to be the team short a DPS relatively on BGs like EotS or Gilneas - since getting a first kill in a big battle (EotS mid, or Gilneas WW) can be decisive in an otherwise close/balanced match: having 1 more DPS than your opponent during your respective initial bursts can be a critical advantage.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my group are considering going four healers on ctf map with mw as fc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Rogues are actually pretty solid flag carriers right now - like Malgru said

Ideally if possible - run 6 DPS, 3 Healers, and one switch - depending on the battleground, it can be advantageous to have 4 healers rather than 7 DPS (like Silvershard). Alternately you never want to be the team short a DPS relatively on BGs like EotS or Gilneas - since getting a first kill in a big battle (EotS mid, or Gilneas WW) can be decisive in an otherwise close/balanced match: having 1 more DPS than your opponent during your respective initial bursts can be a critical advantage.
    I disagree with you, my old team somehow accidentally gone 4 healers in eots and we won every time with 4 healers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Are tanks obsolete now? I'm kind of glad they did away with the required 1 Tank model but it's always a shitty thing to have a gimped spec in anything.

I hope someone finds a niche for tank specs in RBGs.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i vote mistweaver. stuns are useless on them.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Are tanks obsolete now? I'm kind of glad they did away with the required 1 Tank model but it's always a shitty thing to have a gimped spec in anything.

I hope someone finds a niche for tank specs in RBGs.
    You'll still see them in lower brackets and they can manage since teams may not be good at listening to target-calls, much less lining up their burst or cc. At the higher levels, not so much. Tanks get a 50% debuff when they hold the flag.

Feral druid - easy to pick the flag and transport it to own base. Problem gets bigger when defending against larger number of opponents.

Mistweaver - needs team effort and coordination during picking the flag and moving to own base. But when it is done, it's much easier to avoid damage from attacking team, especially in WSG. The key is teleport of course. We use to have defensive team consisting of MW, lock and (not always) resto druid. All can teleport.

I tried both, druid and mistweaver, and my personal preference is MW. We love to play against team having tank-specced flag carrier, easy win