Question Any way to reliably see exactly when/where Timeless Isle Rares spawn?

My main issue with the Timeless Isle rare spawns is that i do not know when they will respawn - and in the case of randomly spawned rares, i got no idea where they have spawned.

I tried using RareCoordinator addon but it just does not show any data reliably - a lot of times it won't show where the rare is, sometimes it even fails to notice that a rare spawned, it does not show any respawn times of the rares...

I am using the Rare Spawn Overlay addon, it is basically just a map (M) overlay that displays approximately where the rares tend to spawn, but nothing else.

And the NPCScan addon is horribly out of date, with it's last update being almost a year old (october 2012), so it is useless.

However i do see people in the chat reliably knowing (and then letting the rest know) when the rares will be respawning - so there surely must be an addon that does this properly, but no one is answering when i ask about it in the chat.

So do you fellas know what addon can display the accurate respawn times of various rares on the Timeless isle?

Deleted
    It's very easy to add your own npcs to npcscan, even if it's out of date. Look up the NPC on something like wowhead, for example Garnia is http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73282
    Take the ID of the NPC, in this case "73282" for Garnia and simply do "/npcscan add 73282 Garnia"

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    It's very easy to add your own npcs to npcscan, even if it's out of date. Look up the NPC on something like wowhead, for example Garnia is http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73282
    Take the ID of the NPC, in this case "73282" for Garnia and simply do "/npcscan add 73282 Garnia"
    Yep, you'll see that hit /6 chat all the time.

Can npcscan show respawn times in that way?

My primary problem is knowing when the NPC will respawn, just spotting the NPC if it is nearby won't help me much.

I think the issue with knowing when the NPC will respawn is that it is clearly variable. I have killed a rare, then walked across the Isle and seen it again (Emerald Gander). I think that's probably only typical for the three middle guys (snake, goose, and yak), but the times still vary even if the location doesn't for all the others. I read elsewhere that it was conjectured to be based on killing the mobs. So the rares take the place of a respawned normal mob. Thus if you constantly kill those mobs, you will force it to spawn early. I don't know how true that is, so take it with a grain of salt. This obviously only works for certain rares. The pirate ship, Huolon, etc only spawn in a very specific spot, but they are also on a specific timer (though I've seen Huolon take a varied time).

All the rares except the crab/snake/gander/bull are on a 30 minute to 1 hour timer window. Record the time a given rare died, then start camping the spawn at 30 minutes after the last kill. That's pretty much all you can do to track spawns. Everyone that seems to know is probably doing this with Notepad or a pen and paper.

I am also not a fan of the inconsistency of the island in regard to rare spawns and whatnot. I've watched them die just seconds away from getting into range to hit them, and have seen some die so fast I'm not even able to get a hit off due to lag caused by all the activity on the island. It's frustrating, and not terribly well-conceived.