Poll: Should PVP-flagging be confirmed before applying it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Should PVP-flagging via hitting flagged players/NPC be confirmed on PVE realms?

As you may know, any potentially dangerous operation in Wow as long, as any other software, should be confirmed before execution. You shift-deleting file or epic from your bags? This may happen accidentally? Can it be undesired? Yeah. Then it should be confirmed! So why PVP flagging applys without any confirmation? Shouldn't it be fixed?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

No, as how would that even work? Like would you still be actually damaging the player while you are still not even flagged? Doesn't make much sense. Sorry, its your fault you flagged yourself for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, as how would that even work? Like would you still be actually damaging the player while you are still not even flagged? Doesn't make much sense. Sorry, its your fault you flagged yourself for PvP.
    1) You accidentally targeted player/NPC with flag
    2) You accidentally hit some dmg spell
    3) Before actually applying this spell to other player/NPC game will ask you to confirm PVP-flagging
    4) If you agree, hit OK and spell will be applied - you will be flagged
    5) Hit cancel and spell will be cancelled
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok

Deleted
    In my opinion it shouldn't even be possible to attack a PVP target unless you are flagged for PVP yourself. This would as well solve the problem, that the attacker gains an unfair advantage, if he is not flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonasus View Post
    In my opinion it shouldn't even be possible to attack a PVP target unless you are flagged for PVP yourself. This would as well solve the problem, that the attacker gains an unfair advantage, if he is not flagged.
    Yeah, it will be ideal variant, but Blizzard may say something like "we don't want to completely remove PVP from PVE servers", so let's start from compromise solution - change, that is absolutely necessary and easy to implement - it can be implemented via UI only on client side. About "you should watch, what you're clicking by yourself - it's your fault, that you've flagged yourself". Well, it's the same, as saying "watch for files you're deleting by yourself". You should understand, that it happens accidentally. It means, you can't prevent it. That's why deletion of files is confirmed, that's why recycle bin exists. About "nothing bad in waiting for 5 minutes, if you have been accidentally flagged". You know. This idea is as stupid as setting forum auth "Remember me" check box on by default. Why? Because it's an attempt to give more convenience to people, who actually doesn't need it and have enough of it, while taking away much more from the rest ones. Yeah. User, who wants to be remembered, will use this box only once, so what the point of checking it by default? And those, who don't want to be remembered, will have to uncheck it every time. Same happens in Wow. PVPer needs to flag himself only once, so it won't be something terrible for him to do it manually or confirm it, while PVEer will have to watch carefully for every click and button press, they're making. It's PVP favoritism. I can't call it other way. PVEer are just 3rd grade customers. No?
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-09-19 at 12:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    PVEer are just 3rd grade customers. No?
    how can you POSSIBLY say that? we have more raids and PVE oriented content than anything in this game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's fine as is. Don't want to be flagged? ... Don't attack flagged players/NPCs. Accidents happen, true, but in that case just wait 5 mins and rez. *boggle* How is this even an "issue?"
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nope. It's fine as is. Don't want to be flagged? ... Don't attack flagged players/NPCs. Accidents happen, true, but in that case just wait 5 mins and rez. *boggle* How is this even an "issue?"
    Because waiting 5 minutes is annoying. It's not a big issue, but it's an issue and it's one with a really really easy fix.

Confirming would be ok, a possibility in the options that turns of flagging on PvE Realms completely would be even better. Sure then something would have to be done with the capitals like porting out everyone that switched that on but still.
    I see no positive point in the involuntarily flagging except for tricking people into pvp that don't want to.

I know that a guild on Hordeside on my realm would run up when people were aoeing mobs in daily zones just to grief players, though that's rareish.

I PVP a lot, but not on all my toons. When my WW's orb tick is what hits a flagged person... it's total bullshit.

I do agree that only flagged should be able to attack flagged, only a paladin bubble can stop me from obliterating anyone on my elemental shaman. Pop ascendance and trinkets etc, nothing survives that. I can prep it all and fire that first shot without being flagged.

Deleted
    Well I must say it would not be a problem, if there weren’t asshole pvp players standing on top of quest npc’s, preferably with a mount big enough that it covers the whole NPC.

So my opinion is that I never want to be flagged for PvP, unless I chose explicitly to be.

And to your “wait 5 minutes for the flag to wear off” comment : sorry I don’t want to wait 5 minutes because I made a mistake. It is already bad enough that I have to do the graveyard run because some asshole decided it was fun to camp on a questgiver.. Thát is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Well I must say it would not be a problem, if there weren’t asshole pvp players standing on top of quest npc’s, preferably with a mount big enough that it covers the whole NPC.

So my opinion is that I never want to be flagged for PvP, unless I chose explicitly to be.

And to your “wait 5 minutes for the flag to wear off” comment : sorry I don’t want to wait 5 minutes because I made a mistake. It is already bad enough that I have to do the graveyard run because some asshole decided it was fun to camp on a questgiver.. Thát is the issue.
    It's reportable. You wait 5 minutes, they wait 72 hours.

Deleted
    This guy has got it all right. Also, OP's "deletion of files that's why there's a recycle bin" analogy is stupid. Your files are a hell of a lot more important than being flagged in a video game for 5 minutes.

Answer one question for me. If auto-flagging is intended, then what's the point of pushing something on players, that they don't like? Some players have choosen PVE realm intentionally to avoid PVP and some even payed money for this (me for example). What the point of this accidental PVP? What devs are trying to achieve via this? I really don't understand. They're trying to push me out of the game? I can't belive this. Also I've noticed, that players are very passive here. They're telling something like "Yea, great idea", but everything stops at this stage. If you really want it, be more active! Leave your comments about it in a place, where this comments have a chance to be heard by devs - here!

There should be a setting where you can't flag (any action that would cause flagging fails). Asking for confirmation is just not workable, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There should be a setting where you can't flag (any action that would cause flagging fails). Asking for confirmation is just not workable, though.
    I don't think it's necessary. If you are careful then becoming accidentally flagged is rare, and the solution is a 5 minute break that you probably need to take anyway.

I also think that it generally makes the game more exciting to have flagged players nearby on a PvE realm.

Now, there ARE certain things like having flagged players strafing over your lure while you fish that are annoying to deal with, but we live in the world of left clicking now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in discussions on the forums about this very deal. I play on a PvE realm because I don't want to worry about what others are doing. On Timeless Isle there have been many jerks trying as hard as they can to flag others. IE: increasing their size, mounting a mammoth and jumping around like fools over a mailbox, rare corpse, or rare corpse. What I'd like to see:

1) A PvP disable switch. The difference with this one is it 100% disables any hostile action towards the opposing faction. Doing stuff like running into their cities would still flag you..

2) A void zone around mailboxes & quest givers. Lets say 3 to 5 yards... It would get rid of the jerk trying to cover it, and would give access to everyone regardless how busy the server is.

I don't want to have to /tar npc and interact with them. Blizz cannot stop a jerk from being a jerk, but hey can sure the hell cut down on their opportunities.

With a simple click of a button to change between 3 modes, you could dictate will your own game client allow you to attack enemy players or not.

For example:
    Green - you can not interact/damage PvP players or their summoned pets/minions.
    Yellow - you can attack PvP NPCs and mobs that PvP players have tagged, but you can not attack the player himself.
    Red - you can attack any PvP target at any time.

This will allow you to be in Green/Red for those absolute peaceful/hostile situations - and the yellow would allow you to combat PvP Guards/NPCs and mobs the enemy has tagged, in case you want to help them or screw around with their mobs.

Keep in mind this would only affect what you can attack - if you attack a PvP Guard, you will probably be tagged for PvP and be attack-able by enemy players.
    Also when you get attacked by an enemy player or their pet, you would automatically be switched to Red mode so you can fight back.

You kill some lowbie with a one-hit and do not confirm getting PvP tag, isn't thing senseless? That would be kinda ridiculous.