Thread: Elemental Dps

Deleted

Question Elemental Dps

Hello,

I am bit confused over which to stack: Haste or Mastery in 5.4.
    My Ilevel is at 531. Don‘t have 2pc or 4 pc of T15 and i don‘t have a legendary meta gem in my gear currently. I will be getting 2 pc T16 soon. I‘ve read the changes about RPPM, and still have trouble with my dps. Doing 120k max on Norushen 10m. I believe it should be alot higher with a 532 ilevel.

Atm, I have about 9000 haste and 10800 mastery. Seen a few shamans do heavy stacking on mastery and others in haste. I don‘t know what to do atm. Just started playing an elemental shammy btw.
    My toon: Kagaseo on EU-Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    Hello,

I am bit confused over which to stack: Haste or Mastery in 5.4.
    My Ilevel is at 531. Don‘t have 2pc or 4 pc of T15 and i don‘t have a legendary meta gem in my gear currently. I will be getting 2 pc T16 soon. I‘ve read the changes about RPPM, and still have trouble with my dps. Doing 120k max on Norushen 10m. I believe it should be alot higher with a 532 ilevel.

Atm, I have about 9000 haste and 10800 mastery. Seen a few shamans do heavy stacking on mastery and others in haste. I don‘t know what to do atm. Just started playing an elemental shammy btw.
    My toon: Kagaseo on EU-Ragnaros.
    Without the meta or set bonuses, you don't really want to be stacking either, yet. Stick with gemming mostly for int. Also, UVLS, especially on single target, is really not the best, because the proc is completely wasted during Ascendance. It's not completely awful, but there are definitely better trinkets if you have access to anything else.

As for DPS on Norushen, keep in mind that you're doing reduced damage when you have Corruption. 120k at your ilvl is not bad.

Deleted
    Okay, and for reforging?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    Okay, and for reforging?
    You'll have to sim it for yourself, but generally haste > mastery for single target, and mastery > haste for aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    You'll have to sim it for yourself, but generally haste > mastery for single target, and mastery > haste for aoe.
    That is incorrect. Sims shows haste > mastery for single target in high-end gear. There is period when mastery>haste also for single target (e.g. for me, ilvl 551) and stats weights/reforge plots should be done every now and then to confirm stats setup. Besides in SoO there are plenty CL spam situations so even if mastery is slightly behind haste on single target it's worth stacking mastery just to improve field in which we shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    That is incorrect. Sims shows haste > mastery for single target in high-end gear. There is period when mastery>haste also for single target (e.g. for me, ilvl 551) and stats weights/reforge plots should be done every now and then to confirm stats setup. Besides in SoO there are plenty CL spam situations so even if mastery is slightly behind haste on single target it's worth stacking mastery just to improve field in which we shine.
    Read the OP before answering with inapplicable advice, next time. He was asking about in HIS gear, not in high end gear. What's best in BiS gear is not best for him at this point.

Deleted
    Read the OP before answering with inapplicable advice, next time. He was asking about in HIS gear, not in high end gear. What's best in BiS gear is not best for him at this point.
    Read whole post before atacking -.-. I wrote that haste>mastery for single target for high-end gear, but there is period (in normal gear) when mastery>haste on single target so he should do sims himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    Read whole post before atacking -.-. I wrote that haste>mastery for single target for high-end gear, but there is period (in normal gear) when mastery>haste on single target so he should do sims himself.
    Which is exactly what I said. You said I was wrong because I said "generally haste > mastery for single target, and mastery > haste for aoe" which, at HIS GEAR LEVEL, is correct. Mastery won't pull ahead on single target without the meta or set bonuses, which is the situation he's in.

Also, if you'll note, I'm the Tickle from Totemspot, which is what I assume you based your "Sims shows haste > mastery for single target in high-end gear" off of. Just fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you'll note, I'm the Tickle from Totemspot, which is what I assume you based your "Sims shows haste > mastery for single target in high-end gear" off of. Just fyi.
    What makes you assume that actually? Most people I know tend to sim their own shit (which is obviously a limited sample size).

You guys are all splitting hairs, Haste and Mastery are so incredibly close single target where the difference into reforging into one or the other is going to be about a .2% difference single target, while mastery kicks the crap out of haste in Cleave and AoE. Even when I am fully heroic geared I still see myself going full mastery just because the mechanics of most of the fights this tier demands it, plain and simple

Just a clarification; when people say haste > mastery on aoe they mean up until you cap cl at one second right? And since that happens quickly since cl already has a low cooldown ( going full mastery when meta gem procs I'm at . 97 cast speed) isn't it just worth it to go mastery? I just don't get haste for aoe argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Just a clarification; when people say haste > mastery on aoe they mean up until you cap cl at one second right? And since that happens quickly since cl already has a low cooldown ( going full mastery when meta gem procs I'm at . 97 cast speed) isn't it just worth it to go mastery? I just don't get haste for aoe argument.
    Nobody says haste>mastery for aoe, that'd be insane statement. Mastery >> Haste for aoe is due to fact that overload chance for CL is splitted for 3 targets and while you use it glyphed you get extra 2 targets with extra mastery chance procc (Am I right?).