Sub - Rupture during Find Weakness or not?

Hey all,

I've ready the PVE guide on Sub on IcyVeins, which recommends not using rupture, but using evis during FW. Isn't it a dps gain to use rupture over evis even though it doesn't benefit from FW?

Thanks

AFAIK you should prioritize Sanguinary Veins. I roll the new (old) Hemo-Glyph to have it on the Mob at all times, but it depends heavily on the encounter and situation. Generally a full running Rupture beats Evis, but trinket Procs etc. can boost FW-Evis heavily.

I think this debate could use some fresh math though with the Find Weakness-Buff and Evis-Nerf...the data i have is pretty old and not up to date. (same as the guide)

I think it really depends on how fast you can generate cp's and how long FW is up (when you're chaining opener + dance + vanish reopen.)

I'm going to assume sanguinary veins is applied via hemo in the following cases:

Given that a full 5cp, 24 second rupture still beats a 5cp evis, if you're having a prolonged period of FW (let's safely assume 27 seconds or something) it may be beneficial to use rupture as your first finisher in the chain.

On the other hand, if we somehow let FW be something like 3 seconds (as a contrived case for mathematical purposes,) where you can only get one finisher off, evis seems to be the better choice, as you can just rupture right after FW ends.

What choice you should make in the real world, where FW actually lasts for 10 seconds, seems a bit blurrier, and as I mentioned before, probably depends on your cp generation rate and how many chains of FW you are going through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly suspect that with the newly increased FW uptime (4p + AoC) rupture should pull ahead, but yes, this would benefit from simming to check.

Ideally you want to plan your rupture usage around not needing to refresh it during FW. But in the event that it falls off during FW, yes, you should refresh it.

Well, they just buffed SV again. Having it up is mandatory because FW or not, you're losing 35% damage on the spot.

I assume that if you're using the hemo glyph a quick hemo to refresh it would be good, but i'm also assuming you're rolling rupture through all the fight, hence it's unlikely you don't have SV up during FW.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I think we will all roll the hemo glyph at all times as sub. I thought it was going to reduce the effect of SV by a bit (1-2%) to discourage pve use, but I guess not.

With hemo glyph, you will absolutely have no problem keeping up SV, especially as you will likely refresh hemo during FW (a crit hemo during find weakness gives the tastiest hemo dot, after all, though not worth fishing for yet), and it has a redic duration anyway.

I don't have the numbers avail from this connection, but it is a good question. If the base damage of eviscerate is MORE than a Rupture, then the answer would be, eviscerate. But I bet it isn't. Let us assume:

F---F---F--(find weakness ends)---F---F---F---F---F...

Each of these F's is a Finisher, either Eviscerate or Rupture.

E---R---E--(find weakness ends)---E---E---E--R---E...
    E---E---E--(find weakness ends)---R---E---E--E---E...

There's three differences here:
    In the first case, you refresh rupture promptly. In the second, you do it once FW ends. This means, you subtract out that FWed eviscerate. But, shortly after FW ends, you add back in a regular eviscerate. That delta is the only thing you gain in the second case. You also forgo any rupture ticks between when you would have refreshed rupture versus when you actually do. The third difference is that you changed your rupture refresh timing.

Hrm.