Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This further affirms my decision to go Survival main spec for this tier.

BM is fine, but the clunkiness and pet issues really annoy me. Survival is a hell of a lot easier to play during progression.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoppa View Post
    With or without Assurance of Consequence?
    With. /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This further affirms my decision to go Survival main spec for this tier.

BM is fine, but the clunkiness and pet issues really annoy me. Survival is a hell of a lot easier to play during progression.
    I used to hate bm and love survi. Now i like both specs but i miss survi a bit since BM is better on most fights (in my gear) and i don't play sv at all besides 1-2 fights. I also love burst aoe from BM which is quite useful.

That being said i can't wait till i get 4 tier and go survi for most of the fights. I don;t know why but explosive shot is what brought me to hunter class in the first place

SV was very much viable in SoO, now it's in line with BM to the point where you can play what you like the most (unless the fight favors AoE).

Survival is a bit more clunky than BM, too.

Haven't math'd on the 4pc (or the AoC trink for that matter), but I could imagine both helping SV more so than the BM one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Haven't math'd on the 4pc (or the AoC trink for that matter), but I could imagine both helping SV more so than the BM one.
    2 more BA-ticks vs higher BW uptime, yeah it definitely helps SV more

There are two main problems with MM right now compared to the other specs -

1. Poor AoE, MM has very poor AoE in comparison to the other two spec, and will fall behind there because there is so many adds in this raid.
    2. Careful Aim is barely ever useful when it matters, almost all bosses have their hard phases at lower percentages than 80%, Protectors, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Dark Shaman, Nazgrim, Garrosh

Exceptions are -
    Immerseus who you only have it very shortly because of how the fight works, again making MM rather bad there, not to mention the AoE on heroic.
    Norushen has the side effect of probably being below 80% by the time you cleared your corruption bar.
    Iron Juggernaught is acceptable for MM.
    Malkorok is a decent choice, it does still get harder in the end but still.
    Spoils of Pandaria is a lot of adds, it might be good because you can get a lot of careful aim off, this is a bit of an odd one, since if you get a lot of adds you can AoE, but not every strategy evolves around getting those I guess.
    Thok is a decent choice aswell on normal atleast, not sure on heroic with the adds
    Klaxxi is a bit of an odd one, not sure about that.

Overall I see that people look at Sims and forget the actual mechanics of the spec, careful aim, the source of burst DPS is gone more or less on most fights where it matters.
    Siegecrafter I'm not sure on, feels like the last part is the hardest but yeah.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    SV was very much viable in SoO, now it's in line with BM to the point where you can play what you like the most (unless the fight favors AoE).

Survival is a bit more clunky than BM, too.

Uhh... wat... Survival is the smoothest spec out of the 3 by far.

Also can we end the discussion about T60 Talents for BM, DB is by far the best choice. ToTH has no chance as BM since BM has a 50% reduction for 2pc value compared to SV. AND DB scales with Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Uhh... wat... Survival is the smoothest spec out of the 3 by far.

Also can we end the discussion about T60 Talents for BM, DB is by far the best choice. ToTH has no chance as BM since BM has a 50% reduction for 2pc value compared to SV. AND DB scales with Mastery.
    it maybe true on a sim, tank spank fight. with 2pc and assurance isnt the case on most of the fights, you can say Iron Juggernaught and Malkorok are probably the 2 fights that favor dire beast over TOTH, rest of the fights are plaged by adds that you need to kill fast or have a boss moving left and right making the pet miss attacks due to how pet work.

Thok is one of those cases that you may use dire beast on 1st phase and during transitions you are better off with TOTH. in this case anything you use here wont matter unless you find a way to make your retarded pet not miss attacks due to the boss moving left and right.

this is probably the reason why im looking foward to 4pc and replace my assurance with another trinket so i can play SV without knowing im going to be doing 10k less theorical damage vs playing BM. i just cant stand AI in this game and BM has made my life miserable since they buff the crap out of it wich they shouldnt had done, at least not like they did.

if i didnt had to deal with my pet while playing BM i would love it and never switch to survival, specially now with the buffs to beast cleave. even tho i sometimes hate myself how beast cleave Works just because how pets position and without the micromanagement avaible right now we wont be able to deal damage with our pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cerntainly enjoy DPS buff, as long as we don't get hit with huge nerfbat later on.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I cerntainly enjoy DPS buff, as long as we don't get hit with huge nerfbat later on.
    yeah idk about that our warlock was complaining about it a week ago saying hunters were TOP, i was lol what? nvm warlocks still 30% ahead of anyone else even after nerfs.

too bad they didnt do this changes based on normals logs, now that progression is almost over i doubt there is going to be any change in most guilds. not to mention that aff still pretty powerfull, could say even better than before.

Deleted
    Well i just simmed my hunter (atm reforged for mm offspec sv) and with the buff to chimera i sim 20k dps more dafuq O.o

Well this most likely made survival the absolute best spec now

Deleted
    Anyone know if its live in the EU? A guildy is sure there was a restart last night. Doesn't make sense they would apply it with a boss change not outside of a weekly reset.

They will be applied with weekly resets to EU(Wednesday morning).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    There are two main problems with MM right now compared to the other specs -

1. Poor AoE, MM has very poor AoE in comparison to the other two spec, and will fall behind there because there is so many adds in this raid.
    2. Careful Aim is barely ever useful when it matters, almost all bosses have their hard phases at lower percentages than 80%, Protectors, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Dark Shaman, Nazgrim, Garrosh

Exceptions are -
    Immerseus who you only have it very shortly because of how the fight works, again making MM rather bad there, not to mention the AoE on heroic.
    Norushen has the side effect of probably being below 80% by the time you cleared your corruption bar.
    Iron Juggernaught is acceptable for MM.
    Malkorok is a decent choice, it does still get harder in the end but still.
    Spoils of Pandaria is a lot of adds, it might be good because you can get a lot of careful aim off, this is a bit of an odd one, since if you get a lot of adds you can AoE, but not every strategy evolves around getting those I guess.
    Thok is a decent choice aswell on normal atleast, not sure on heroic with the adds
    Klaxxi is a bit of an odd one, not sure about that.

Overall I see that people look at Sims and forget the actual mechanics of the spec, careful aim, the source of burst DPS is gone more or less on most fights where it matters.
    Siegecrafter I'm not sure on, feels like the last part is the hardest but yeah.
    i dont know what you are simming or forging atm marksman aoe is not bad. since you have about 41% mastery ( on my gear 556) i do a lot dmg O.o also place 1 in my dmg is aimed and place 2 is wildquiver

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    i dont know what you are simming or forging atm marksman aoe is not bad. since you have about 41% mastery ( on my gear 556) i do a lot dmg O.o also place 1 in my dmg is aimed and place 2 is wildquiver
    Marksman AoE isn't bad, true... But SV/BM do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    I'd suspect that MM's sim is not anywhere near as close to accurate as BM/SV. It's unlikely to have seen much love in Mists.
    It just needs 1 pro Hunter from the top 5 guilds to go MM on a kill right now, and 25% of the population switches to MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    It just needs 1 pro Hunter from the top 5 guilds to go MM on a kill right now, and 25% of the population switches to MM.
    Hope not, hate that cluncky spec

Since Assurance of Consequence is meh for SV, I'll be sticking to BM at least until I get 2 other trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Marksman AoE isn't bad, true... But SV/BM do it better.
    It can be situational. For instance, on Sha of Pride, you have a predictable batch of small adds. If you build up a little focus heading right into their appearance, you can tear into them with a crazy number of rather hard-hitting Multi-Shots courtesy of Bombardment.

I would say that MM's AoE is not altogether that different in terms of utility than BM's AoE, in that they both rely on clumped together adds. BM does have the advantage of the cleaving being done for you off of each Multi-Shot, whereas with MM you need to sustained Multi to bring the pain. With planning and things as they currently are, I could see MM being fine on Sha or even Garrosh (at least on normal), as long as you plan ahead for the brief add phases.