Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Epic! Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,568
    Even with that buff blizz hardly will get me to try it.
    The battles in SoO are abit too much things to track and for ppl who played MM this expansion perfectly know that if you miss something damage drops drasticly beside that we losing 1 glyph slot
    Otherwise 50% buff is ok looking to missing readiness

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecrushbot View Post
    i used MM tonight on our hc iron juggernaut kill i got to admit i do enoy playing it. i would post a link to the logs but i can't post links yet. just look up 25 iron juggernaut eu and us i am the hunter named corv stormreaver eu.
    I see in the logs you dont cast Arcane Shot when the boss goes under 80% health? Do you just hard cast Aimed Shot as focus dump? Any reason when (with how much haste, stats etc) to do that.

  3. #143
    I feel like I need to point it out again, MM is a good spec single target on paper but we still need to look at the mechanics of the spec.

    - Burst DPS above 80%, this becomes less and less of a bonus the more crit you get, however it it still very good right now.
    - Scaling with weapon damage, if you're weapon is far above the rest of your gear, MM will do a lot more damage, that also means that if you have a bad weapon compared to your gear, MM will be worse.
    - It's AoE is awful compared to MM and SV, especially when there is a lot of mobs, since SV and BM is not AoE capped like MM is somewhat.

    The only single target fights where MM is gonna be good if all your gear is around the same level is pure 100-0% with nothing changing inbetween, then MM will be the best, but a lot of fight the important things happen after careful aim, its the reason why on Ragnaros HC a lot of hunters would go BM just for more DPS during the 3rd phase, this was only possible though if your phase 2 add DPS allowed it, since BM was awful there and MM was quite good.

    I would play MM on say, Siege scorpion guy, Malkorok, possibly Thok and Sha of Pride.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by k2y91 View Post
    I see in the logs you dont cast Arcane Shot when the boss goes under 80% health? Do you just hard cast Aimed Shot as focus dump? Any reason when (with how much haste, stats etc) to do that.
    yeah i just removed arcane shot compleatly and used aimed shot as my focus dump. my stats are 11335 haste, 12499 crit, 26.87% mastery and 75793 ap without flask and food. i was still testing MM when i done the boss but i had seen some good results with not casting arcane shot.
    Last edited by Thecrushbot; 2013-09-27 at 12:53 PM.

  5. #145
    Field Marshal Hiraishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecrushbot View Post
    yeah i just removed arcane shot compleatly and used aimed shot as my focus dump. my stats are 11335 haste, 12499 crit, 26.87% mastery and 75793 ap without flask and food. i was still testing MM when i done the boss but i had seen some good results with not casting arcane shot.
    How can be beneficial to not cast arcane shot for MM with our 2pc Tier?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
    How can be beneficial to not cast arcane shot for MM with our 2pc Tier?
    (2) Set: Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 8 seconds per cast.

  7. #147

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    hmmm i'm getting different results.

  9. #149
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    hmmm i'm getting different results.
    Obviously, unless of course you have the exact same pieces with the exact same reforge/gemming/enchanting, you will have different results seeing how the specs are so extremely close to each other.

  10. #150
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I won't give any specifics, but I know for a fact that MM is completly viable for single target fights at the heroic level. It seriously lacks compared to BM or Survival for AoE fights, but it is right up there with the other specs on single target fights. But then again, you NEED the right gear for MM. The scaling factors just don't allow anything except for high WDPS and low Mastery.
    I respect your desire to not go into too many details and open the floodgates for them to be misconstrued -- but hoping you can at least give me a general threshold where this occurs? I can certainly see it with a heroic weapon and gear budget -- but what about before that?

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    hmmm i'm getting different results.
    I think you won the sarcasm award.

    I wish I had tri-spec now. Some fights I need to be BM, some I need to be Surv, but other fights I want to be MM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  12. #152
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    hmmm i'm getting different results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Obviously, unless of course you have the exact same pieces with the exact same reforge/gemming/enchanting, you will have different results seeing how the specs are so extremely close to each other.
    And I'm using a custom / more optimized profile for MM, hence the "Modified" in the actor name.

  13. #153
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    I respect your desire to not go into too many details and open the floodgates for them to be misconstrued -- but hoping you can at least give me a general threshold where this occurs? I can certainly see it with a heroic weapon and gear budget -- but what about before that?
    I don't think there is an item level breakpoint where it becomes better. Personally, I've gotten really unlucky with drops in Siege and the only thing I've gotten was the X-box off of Fallen Prots. Because my weapon is vastly better than the rest of my gear, MM is simming 6-7k higher for me.

    This really goes out to all hunters on these forums: Since all 3 specs are so close to each other, it's really up to you to sim it to figure out what spec will yield the most dps. Although they are all so close that I don't think it matters that much. Personally I'm playing MM for ST fights such as Sha, Iron Juggs, Thok, and maybe Siegecrafter. Then, I'm playing SV for pretty much everything else.

  14. #154
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,120
    tried out marks tonight in flex. felt really good was trying out not using as and just aimed as my focus dump. felt good but i dont have the weapon for marks yet
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  15. #155
    Mechagnome Arhippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    511
    In case people are interested in more MM logs, feel free to go through mine. Played MM for the wednesday and thursday raids. I went with the haste > crit > mastery using aimed shot as my focus dump. No AoC/4set until we killed sha of pride this week.

    It was pretty much as I expected, lackluster on AoE but pretty awesome on single target. I did notice myself making quite a few mistakes, including focuscapping a lot. In my defense I didn't spend any time turreting a dummy to practise the rotation or anything. I just specced MM, reforged/regemmed my gear and went for it. I think the last time I played MM was for spine of deathwing progress, so it has been a while. Unfortunately I died around 20% on the pull we killed Malkorok, which would've been a pretty good boss for comparing damage. However, I was among the first to go in on Norushen and I didn't really spend much time worrying about the adds outside of mouseover silencing shots (+ I was logging).
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

    Hippa
    <Ad Infinitum>
    AI on WoWProgress

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I don't think there is an item level breakpoint where it becomes better. Personally, I've gotten really unlucky with drops in Siege and the only thing I've gotten was the X-box off of Fallen Prots. Because my weapon is vastly better than the rest of my gear, MM is simming 6-7k higher for me.
    I've been looking for a HC Warforged PS3 forever.

  17. #157
    Honestly this is how i determine my use of specs:

    - For fights where there is a lot of tough elite adds or boss resets his HP, i will pick Marksman for it's careful aim crit buff to Aimed Shot (above 80% hp always crit Aimed).
    - For fights where there is a lot of adds or bosses that favor DoTs, i will pick Survival for it's DoTs that can be aoe spread.
    - For fights where i need burst AoE and bosses are pet-friendly, i will go BM for it's beast cleave and ease-of-use.

    Buffs are sure nice, but i don't look into them all that much.

  18. #158
    no but seriously as far as your sims go conjor the only thing that baffles me is toth being higher than DB in a patchwerk sim setting for BM.

  19. #159
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    no but seriously as far as your sims go conjor the only thing that baffles me is toth being higher than DB in a patchwerk sim setting for BM.
    T16 2set synergising with my gear setup.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    And I'm using a custom / more optimized profile for MM, hence the "Modified" in the actor name.
    I'll be happy to update the default action list if you have particular changes that increase DPS. I'll eventually want to prioritize with a normal-mode profile, but right now I only have T16H profiles to go by for measuring changes (which are orcs). Here's the numbers for the top talents in each spec with the default action list (plus glaive in CA phase).

    426,060 SV_311
    425,379 bm_311
    415,765 MM_211

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •