Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntadin View Post
    Wow, so hits EU on wed then, nice. Wonder if this brings MM up to competitive single target dps...
    Think it's already live. Was announced on the 23rd and it was a hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's an... interesting way to put it.

Don't forget that along with that Chimera Shot in the same global you will also fire off an Aimed Shot or Power Shot (or both if you follow up an instant Aimed Shot after the Power Shot one second later), wild quiver procs, auto-shots, serpent sting, piercing shots and your pet will be mauling your target. That's a lot of damage to react to within 1 second.
    1) You cannot use two abilities in the same global, barring an exploit.
    2) Both Aimed and Power have cast times.
    3) Instant Aimed is still on our 1 second global cooldown.
    4) Autos do not fire during Aimed casts (would need to check Power).
    5) Piercing Shots is the result of a crit Chimera, Aimed, or Steady. This effect requires the shot to hit first.

In short, your scenario of all this happening in 1 second is wildly inaccurate and borderline ludicrous. Please stop campaigning for nerfs to a spec you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    5) Piercing Shots is the result of a crit Chimera, Aimed, or Steady. This effect requires the shot to hit first.

In short, your scenario of all this happening in 1 second is wildly inaccurate and borderline ludicrous. Please stop campaigning for nerfs to a spec you don't like.
    The GCD is triggered at the start of a cast, not at the end. So, like Bovan said, it's perfectly possible to fire a Chimera Shot at the exact same time your Aimed Shot or Powershot fires. Try it out yourself! Cast Aimed Shot and mash Chimera Shot while it's casting.

Note that he said in his post that you would have to wait a second to get the triple Powershot-instantAiS-Chimera Shot combo off.

As for the rest, I agree about wild quiver procs/autoshots (though they could trigger directly after the shot is fired; I don't know enough about swing timers to know for sure). For the record, I think he's referring to Piercing Wounds that would already be ticking on the target, not the Piercing Wounds as a result of the combo.

Deleted

HonneurVilified hit the nail on the head and explained everything, so I won't touch on those things. I did forget about auto-shots not going off during Aimed Shot's cast though.

I'm not campaigning for nerfs and I certainly don't dislike Marksmanship. I'm just saying that the buff looks a bit over the top and I'm not expecting it to stay because of PvP purposes. While it's only one shot, a 50% buff is huge for something you can combine with any cast every 9 seconds. I really do hope it stays. Marksmanship has been my go-to PvP spec for months.

How could it be over the top when every single sim about MM and every talent combination put it at 1k DPS over the other 2 specs at the beast scenario? Easy to fix any PVP related worries: "this ability hits for 25% less damage against players."

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

^ This guy.... :--DD

Have you ever even played this game? Instants can be used after a cast timed spell to create bigger burst(Frost bolt - Ice Lance for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Typical WoW player at its finest. ^

You have no idea how much discussion went on about hunters between Blizzard employees, nor ALL of their reasons for implementing (or not implementing) the changes that they did.

It's pretty arrogant and short-sighted to accuse their changes of being random from the limited vantage point you're at. Try giving them the benefit of the doubt once in a while.
    And you obviously have not been around a while. If you have, then you would know that from history of this game, we have always gotten mid patch band aid buffs. They do not have hunter class scaling down to where we are not gods at the start and shit at the end of a patch. This is why we get band aid fixes. Dont call someone out when you seem to not know history of the hunter class regarding buffs and nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Wow, 50%? Chimera Shot was the only hunter signature ability that was not buffed in 5.4's PTR, but 50% is huge.
    FYI MM signature shot is Aimed shot, not Chimera shot. Chimera shot is only an ability that will gain much later when the hunter levels up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    ^ This guy.... :--DD

Have you ever even played this game? Instants can be used after a cast timed spell to create bigger burst(Frost bolt - Ice Lance for example)
    and just to complete your post and to specify why this is possible.
    for example we have an aimedshotcasttime of 1.6sec.
    global cd is 1 sec.
    so while you are casting aimed your global cooldown resets and you can cast an istant directly when aimed is shot.
    nuff said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    FYI MM signature shot is Aimed shot, not Chimera shot. Chimera shot is only an ability that will gain much later when the hunter levels up.
    well i guess with signature he or she means Marksman only ability so its a signature shot also it is a main part on your "rotation" or priolist whatever you want to name it
    Last edited by mmocb1feae8063; 2013-09-25 at 11:34 AM.

Basically what Bovan is saying that if you take careful aim into consideration and almost guaranteed crit if target is above 80% health means that if the RNG gods are on your side, a big AiS crit followed by an instant CS which can be spammed whilst the AiS cast is being done can mean a huge amount of damage from just 2 shots. Remember CS also ignores armor as its a nature shot, good scaling with weapon damage means its entirely possible to almost Global people if you are lucky, smack in a Powershot and you can pretty much finish someone off very fast.

Maybe in terms of what you get at level 10, but in terms of rotation priority/mechanically, it's more like the signature. Aimed in a rotation takes more of a role of the "focus burn" alongside arcane shot, as it is not cooldown limited. Chimera has a cooldown like Kill Command and Explosive Shot and the rest of your rotation/priority is built around that cooldown, more or less. MM haste breakpoints of the past were typically built around what you could fit within a chimera CD. I would think most max-level hunters would consider it the signature, regardless of the point at which you obtain the ability, because of how it plays for MM. But really in the end, what the "signature" shot is means pretty much nothing.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntadin View Post
    Wow, so hits EU on wed then, nice. Wonder if this brings MM up to competitive single target dps...
    Hotfixes are applied directly, but tooltip updates doesn't happen until maintenance, if it even happens then. They are always slow on updating tooltip

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Hotfixes are applied directly, but tooltip updates doesn't happen until maintenance, if it even happens then. They are always slow on updating tooltip
    So it was applied yesterday then?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They specifically mentioned that the class changes required a realm restart. And afaik there was no restart till the maintenance.

Chimera shot is the signature shot of MM because on the older talent trees it was the last talent of that tree: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...lent-build.jpg

Black arrow was also the last talent of the sv tree, so you could argue that BA should be the signature shot of sv and not explosive shot. Well, BA and ES are both related, and explosive shot is the "shot" ability of the sv tree.

More, during wotlk Aimed shot could be used on any spec, much like arcane shot.

In regards the the topic, I'm going MM/SV this week. Going to try MM on pure single target fights and see how good is this buff. Granted that MM can aoe as well, but can't compete vs SV. About BM, I'm getting tired of pet issues. Pet getting stuck on a crate, pet not attacking, pet despawning, pet dieing when he shouldn't, pet not attacking garrosh after intermissions. I love BM, but crap like that annoys the shit out of me.

Any ability that is only available to one spec like Chimera, Aim Shot, Black Arrow, BW, KC, ES. is a signature of their respective specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take these with a gain of salt...

*DISCLAIMER* These numbers are based on MY GEAR and MY OWN PROFILES. If I see one comment along the lines of "I don't get these same numbers", I'll sick my pet on you.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-09-25 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    And you obviously have not been around a while. If you have, then you would know that from history of this game, we have always gotten mid patch band aid buffs. They do not have hunter class scaling down to where we are not gods at the start and shit at the end of a patch. This is why we get band aid fixes. Dont call someone out when you seem to not know history of the hunter class regarding buffs and nerfs.
    And you just did exactly what he did - wrongful assumption and accusation. I've been playing since Vanilla, and I've seen all the "band-aid" fixes and "shit at the end of a patch" situations you seem to be so upset about.

ALL I was saying was that accusing Blizzard of making "random", uneducated changes is presumptuous and ignorant due simply to the fact that 1) He is not a developer himself, 2) He therefore has no knowledge of what went into their considerations as far as numbers go. A lack of understanding on your own part doesn't mean that someone else didn't have a good reason for what they did. It's common sense.

I seem to be speaking another language in proposing that we treat Blizzard developers with respect and give them the same benefit of the doubt as we would give to someone who maintains a guide or simulation tool on these very forums.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Chimera shot is the signature shot of MM because on the older talent trees it was the last talent of that tree: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...lent-build.jpg

Black arrow was also the last talent of the sv tree, so you could argue that BA should be the signature shot of sv and not explosive shot. Well, BA and ES are both related, and explosive shot is the "shot" ability of the sv tree.

More, during wotlk Aimed shot could be used on any spec, much like arcane shot.

In regards the the topic, I'm going MM/SV this week. Going to try MM on pure single target fights and see how good is this buff. Granted that MM can aoe as well, but can't compete vs SV. About BM, I'm getting tired of pet issues. Pet getting stuck on a crate, pet not attacking, pet despawning, pet dieing when he shouldn't, pet not attacking garrosh after intermissions. I love BM, but crap like that annoys the shit out of me.
    I'm going to do the same thing and really hope it works out. Pet issues have really been annoying me in SoO, going through my logs theres some fights where my pet just stops generating frenzy stacks even though it's still attacking/casting bite, leading it to have way too few auto attacks. Not to mention all the other annoyances.

Deleted
    Explosive shot was semi uncalled for? Atleast for PvP.