Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    rip demo

dont like the changes being in middle of progess of top raiding guilds, sure changes are reasonable but worst moment if you ask me
    so singletarget for demo is gonna be garbage, looks like blizz rly wants us to go affli except aoe fights

affli-nerf is a joke, 5%Haunt-nerf was the best possible case if you ask me, a slight singletarget-nerf, multitarget still same, except uvls nerfs
    i like how desperate they try to fix broken destrospecc with just dmg-pushes and %-emberreg-increase

will it be even worth to go with critbuild without uvls with imp-nerf?
    i rly dislike how they made destro scale so bad with haste, what makes destro kinda bad offspecc for affli

Quote Originally Posted by Thugadin View Post
    I actually find it hilarious that Blizz had such a tough time trying to get Locks to use Siege trinkets over UVLS that they actually had a class specific trinket nerf. In all my years of WoW, I have never seen anything quite like this. It makes me wonder if it really was the only solution.
    I think you're exaggerating or have a very short memory. This has been done in the past on items, even trinkets. The Lady sinestra Shard of Woe trinket comes to mind from BoT in Cata.

Killing Demo sucks, it looks like all my warlocks will be rolling Affliction now.

I just have to laugh at this. So they have the ability to individually select a class to change the proc-rate of a specific trinket in the game. Yet they still wont just put in a system so that pvp damage and spells are completely different when done on PvE so that they can balance one without screwing over the other.

Not complaining about the immolate buff tho. i thought it seemed a bit high last night.

By near BiS levels UVLS could be replaced with a heroic BBoY + heroic amp combo....but the imp nerf is just overkill. Just in comparing what our raiders did (we split last couple bosses into 2x 25m groups to max gear) imp damage is about half what it was last week. 30% straight up nerf and at least 20% less imps from no UVLS or a nerfed UVLS. The DF loss is harder to quantify but a good starter point to guesstimate by would be to cut single target imp damage in half (probably even higher on multiple targets like paragons/protectors) and call it 20% DF loss so the delta between DPET's of the DF generators:spenders (see Zinn's demo sheet to get a better idea of what I'm talking about).

Blizzard nerf level: riot games.

Good job Blizzard, nice way of forcing every raider to play affliction, whether they like it or not.
    I've loathed affliction and loved demonology since the change to metamorphosis in 5.0, and was thrilled when it was viable in Throne of Thunder. Even more so when it turned out to be viable for Siege aswell. Now they killed it. Better yet, I don't have a trinket to replace UVLS, so until I get one - even as affliction - I'll perform badly in comparison to what I could. So what was the reason to continue playing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    @ tamo

You are talking about a fight where demo's playstyle is optimal for obvious reasons (meta -> instant spam ftw), AND about a master-class Demo player, probably the best in the world. Judging the spec's strength based on these parameters... Your actions are illogical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    can you PLEASE stop using THOK HC as an fucking demonstration on how demo is op ?

ofc it is on this fight, you can barely cast a spell, spamming instant IS good, its called fail design at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    if you don't mind, could you explain that bug you were talking about? i watched the video and don't see anything unusual.

it is not just this specific fight, you can watch any killvideos from heroic bosses and from different guilds as well. Warlocks are topping the dmg and sometimes by a substantial amount. And i don't think that there is so much skill difference in worldfirst guilds between the different players.

Furthermore i don't know why warlocks in this thread are complaining about the Fel Firebolt nerf, its like 30% from 10-20% of your total dmg.The imps are so strong because they generate fury...and thats why the trinket was op for demo and got nerfed.

On saturday I finally coined a hero UVLS too.... I knew it was too good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I'm happy about it, hope demo gets weaker and weaker, raid groups ask me to go Demo + Affli lately despite me liking destro+Affli, hopefully now I will be able to choose the specc I want to dps too instead of that boring (IMO) demo specc. Before you bash me about destro being no skill lolz I would like to warn you: Fun is subjective.
    You end saying that fun is subjective, then why for me that fun is playing demo should be nerfed.

If you want to play destro then do it, and prove your raidleaders that you are capable of even thou its perceived as a inferior spec, there are alot of talented warlocks that did it before with destro when everyone else saying it wasn't a good spec.

Having other specs nerfed to suit your needs cause you can't stand to the peer pressure its the worst thing ever and wont make your alot of friends.

Deleted
    I'm not a demo player, but I still think that UVLS remains BiS. Just think about it, if you were able to keep 100% crit dooms for almost the entire fight until today, with 40% nerf you'd probably have 100% crit dooms for around half of the fight. Which is still a lot, considering that those extra imps will still give you extra fury, dmg and Molten Core procs, and Doom by itself does a good chunk of dmg, so having it crit is nice dps. Not to mention multi target fights where u can put three 100% crit dooms up if you're quick.

So, to answer the name of the thread: I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    ok guys, its time to calm down. This Nerf is maybe 10% on pure singletarget and srsly, watch videos like method's Thok HC kill and you know, why Blizzard is tuning demolocks.
    All well and good, but when people are passing on SoO trinkets because UVLS was still simming BIS doing this kind of change two weeks after release completely puts Demo locks in a hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    You're happy Demo is no longer a viable single target spec? What kind of warlock are you.
    I'll have to agree. Demo was way out of line. The whole spec was built around one trinket, which made it extremely annoying. I used to play demo back in Terrace HC on Lei Shi and thought it was quite nice. As soon as UVLS appeared it got awkward. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't like it that much, either.

I guess we had a good run, but we knew it would come to an end eventually. And as I already mentioned, I'm quite happy about it.

Deleted
    Blizzard has fucked up. They've let this UVLS nonsense go for months and suddenly they're not happy about it anymore ?

I was expecting a nerf to UVLS sooner or later. I never actually managed to get one to drop, so that nerf doesn't affect me in the least....But really, Wild Imps too??

I don't like MoP's Affliction. Destro I find boring, and it's too much of a roller coaster from patch to patch. I want to like Demonology, I really do, but Blizzard is just making it so damn hard to like. :/

Sorry to interrupt but..

Instead of being butthurt do inform which trinket to equip now after the nerf..as a noob LFR warlock with 510 gear i have Purified Bindings/UVSL/Wushoolay.

Simcraft pretty much shows the exact same DPS with either UVSL/Pufi and Wushoo/Puri, but i think the hotfix isnt up yet, so i assume after the patch Wusoo>UVLS?

I know my ilevel sucks, burnt out for raiding, just alts and LFR but an answer would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    it is not just this specific fight, you can watch any killvideos from heroic bosses and from different guilds as well. Warlocks are topping the dmg and sometimes by a substantial amount. And i don't think that there is so much skill difference in worldfirst guilds between the different players.
    You, along with numerous other people keep asserting this over and over. It does not make it true. Will warlocks top the meters on some fights? Yes. Is that acceptable? Yes. Just like its acceptable that other classes top the meters on other fights. Trying to act like warlocks are crapping on all the other classes on all the fights is just hyperbole.

Furthermore i don't know why warlocks in this thread are complaining about the Fel Firebolt nerf, its like 30% from 10-20% of your total dmg.The imps are so strong because they generate fury...and thats why the trinket was op for demo and got nerfed.
    Because the only thing that was propping Demonology up to the point that they were at was because of UVLS. Now that is gone, a further nerf is not needed.

Do you understand?

Deleted
    fuck this sucks hard... wushoo normal now better then UVLS for affli?

Remove UVLS
    Give back that one imp they removed from wild imp glyph
    Put back auto attack while in metamorphosis.
    Give back the 30% dmg reduction they just gave the Wild imps.

Without UVLS we´ll get less imps->less molten core procs->less fury->less meta uptime.

They better try sort that out Asap.

I still can't get over the fact that instead of reverting all old nerfs related to UVLS (Doom damage, Everlasting Affliction, Wild Imps, Imp Firebolt damage etc) they nerfed our Imps even more. It feels like we'll only bother to put up doom for the fury gain now. Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    I'm not a demo player.
    Thank you for starting with that part before putting in that 'analysis'.