Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Brewmaster 10% damage nerf hotfix.

From today's hotfixes:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/

Monk
    Brewmaster
    Brewmasters now deal 10% less damage with all attacks.

Oh man.

Deleted
    Hooray! I can't say i didn't see it coming... but it's still sad. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    From today's hotfixes:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/

Monk
    Brewmaster
    Brewmasters now deal 10% less damage with all attacks.

Oh man.
    but yet pallies still can solo tank everything and no nerfs at all. They have made this expansion purely about paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    but yet pallies still can solo tank everything and no nerfs at all. They have made this expansion purely about paladins!
    In case you're serious,

a.) they can't solo tank anything except for maybe a speedkill on Thok, and
    b.) they did just get a nerf - 50% off of their eternal flame self heal

Deleted
    They have morons working at blizzard they are like:

Monks are OP eerrr but we don't know what is OP or why they are OP! F**k it 10% damage nerf to all attacks! Maybe that will fix it???

I agree that Brewmasters need some sort of fixing but this is just a piss take why they don't just do some work and figure out what is wrong with the class and fix it instead of just going f**k it 10% damage nerf to all attacks lmao

With the UVLS change it makes me nervous that they might change RoRo too. That would be devastating, love that trinket. 10% I can cope with I guess, as we are pretty stong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudz View Post

Monks are OP eerrr but we don't know what is OP or why they are OP! F**k it 10% damage nerf to all attacks! Maybe that will fix it???

I agree that Brewmasters need some sort of fixing but this is just a piss take why they don't just do some work and figure out what is wrong with the class and fix it instead of just going f**k it 10% damage nerf to all attacks lmao
    Practically speaking there isn't much of a difference at the end of the day. If we're too strong on both single target and AoE encounters, then the logical thing to do is do an across-the-board nerf. They wanted us to do 10% less damage? They've just done that.

I know that it might be needed, but a 10% nerf to all attacks two weeks after patch deployment?

What was balance team doing during PTR?

I get stuff like 10% more to explosive shot, or lightning bolt. That means 1-2% overall dmg, but 10% to EVERYTHING? I mean WHAT THE HELL?

Deleted
    Kinda knew this was coming as I am in the middle of switching from my Prot Pala to my BrM Monk and Monk is doing so much more damage on almost every fight compared to Paladin, even tho Paladin has 539ilvl and Monk only has 519ilvl..

So yeah, I guess this was "needed"..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luamu View Post
    Kinda knew this was coming as I am in the middle of switching from my Prot Pala to my BrM Monk and Monk is doing so much more damage on almost every fight compared to Paladin, even tho Paladin has 539ilvl and Monk only has 519ilvl..

What was needed was a 20%, not a 10. And some of the guys above still have the guts to throw a tantrum about it... thank that you got out lightly.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...00011111000000

Even with 10% nerf monks will do more damage in average than any other tank.

Srsly - noone of the whiners has seen it coming? Our damage is way over the roof right now. I'm quite happy with that but I'm not at all surprised with the nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudz View Post

No no no not morons, blizzard HQ has a huge conference room and in the middle of the room is a top hat and bits of paper scattered around this big table, and everyone involved with the character talents gets too pick a piece of paper witch could have something good or bad written on it.
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-09-24 at 06:33 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luamu View Post

It is entirely possible that you are just not very good at playing paladin.

On-topic:

This is fucking stupid, what kind of muppets are promoting these changes fucking 1 week into heroic progress?

Half of the people saying "It's alright we were OP anyway" don't even play the class well to begin with, what would you know about how this will affect the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Half of the people saying "It's alright we were OP anyway" don't even play the class well to begin with, what would you know about how this will affect the class?
    Well I do have a monk, who I'm currently making my "main" (giving equal attention to two chars) and although I'm not raiding (nor do I have a super high iLvl) with my monk yet, I have to say that I don't think it's made a huge impact to things. While doing dailies (including those on the island) I still killed things really quick, didn't feel squishy, etc. Maybe I technically was doing a little less damage, but think of it this way: If it took you a minute to kill a mob before, now it takes a minute and 6 seconds because of 10% less damage so 10% more time to kill.

Now, in raids and holding threat (especially AE) I could maybe see a slight issue. But nothing that that couldn't be countered by just a slight shift in playstyle. I remember, back way in the day, when you wanted to AE something down you let the tank spend like 30 seconds to get threat before you even started. Now it's like "threat? Whats that?"

Deleted
    Take a fight like Norushen which has a pretty tight enrage timer for the average guild. Your damage as a tank is of prime importance, cause you can reset your curroption without giving your raid the penalty in form of another add which will decrease raid-wide dps.

10% on this means that you'll not only be doing 10% less damage, you'll be doing 10% damage on the add which will mean you'll spend extra time killing it before getting to the boss, even more-so you'll have your expel-harm/chiwave heal for less (I assume), making you more prone to spend chi on guards, and your statue will proc less often on the raid. Overall it'll be a netloss of more than 10% dps and it just seems like a stupid change to introduce when we are just jumping into new content.

Like I said, I don't raid really... That said...

Like you said, we are all just jumping into new content. That means things are going to change based of how the much larger sample size of people has things going. There are always more changes right after a patch than any other time (well so it seems) just because of that sample size thing. The PTR and internal testing is great and all, but how many people play on the PTR? How many people can test internally (especially when they have info the rest of us don't)? Compared to the, what 8+ MILLION active players right now?

So if their data shows Norushen (which is a valid example) has a tight enrage maybe they need to tweak that encounter somehow also. Maybe on other fights they thought we were doing too much, but now that needs to be changed even more. It sounds like tank DPS really matters on that fight, which isn't a bad thing, but if it's that tight because of tank DPS then it needs tweaking somehow or you risk losing that "bring the player not the class" thing Blizzard wants to push. Why bring a Monk when you could bring a... Well what other tanks have high DPS rofl. Or maybe with the 10% nerf they were trying to fix that as people were only bringing Monks to that fight because of that.

If lack of 10% of your dps means that you cannot beat a boss then I'm afraid it's time to look for improvement or for better dps. I hoped that our dps would stay as it is but the fact is that our damage dealing capabilities are way better then any other tank's.

Deleted
    not suprised. Not too big either. I think this was justified

I'm not surprised. But this means less Guards cast on the raid and less Gift of Niuzao (Bonus T16), right? Was the cast frequency of these too high? I'm not that sure about it.