View Poll Results: Does it exist?

Voters
569. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    279 49.03%
  • No

    246 43.23%
  • Not sure

    44 7.73%
Page 1 of 50
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    LFR and the bad players union

    I did LFR the other day and called out a guy that was doing 30k dps. Immediately, the guy responded with a "STFU" and I told the guy that he needed to up his dps, he was pretty upset about it and I said "you're mad because you're bad" or something along those lines. Long story short, I got the boot from the run, despite carrying it up to that point. I talked with some of my other guildies and they told me they encountered something very similar, they would carry the run, and if someone wasn't performing well, anyone that called that person out would get the boot, and the bad player wouldn't be touched. You'd get lots of responses like "it's only LFR", but yeah, we only wiped 5 times lol.

    My guild and I speculated, there's almost like a union when it comes to bad players, you call one out, and the others will get angry with you, as opposed to the under performing guy, just because they are angry from all of the years that they themselves were called out for underperforming. Because of this, they will boot the guy who was actually helping them down the boss, because it's their way of getting revenge against all of the players that used to kick them back in the day. Anyone else ever have an experience like this? Does the bad player union exist?

  2. #2
    And in random BGs if you tell people to stop fighting on the roads you get that kind of response too.

    Kind of depressing what a bunch of shitty jerks some players are. But they seem like more of a majority than they really are, because they stand out so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  3. #3
    Yeah, it's weird that they will go out of their way to boot a guy that's trying to down a boss, but then the afk'ers don't get booted or anything lol. But yeah, random BG's have it just as bad sometimes. Worst IMO is in AV when 10 guys cap a base and everyone leaves, and a rogue stealth caps it back 20 sec later.

  4. #4
    It happened all the time before, no big surprise

  5. #5
    I'm pretty sure there's no union but perhaps other underperforming players feared that they'd be next to get called out and wanted to get rid of you prematurely.
    With that being said, if someone started pulling "mad cuz bad" bullshit in LFR I'd vote to kick them too.

  6. #6
    Yes, pretty much possible. I would go a little further and say they are not really "bad players union", but the "it's just a game union".
    People that under-perform willingly, because doing any kind of effort would make them "loser nerds". So in their logic, losing to the most simple mechanics is a winner thing, because they "don't care", as it's what "cool people" do.

    And anyone making a effort is a "wimpy nerd" they should kick to show who is the boss. Basically it's the same kind of people that spit in the food of strangers they are serving in restaurants. They get convinced their deviant behavior work backwards and make them succesful.

    'Cause Alliance Players wouldn't allow Orcs to stand straight.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,579
    People who just want to see pretty colors and mess around in the game are both intimidated and frustrated by people criticizing them for not performing better, because they don't have an innate desire to perform better.

    It's similar to pointing out IRL that someone's fashion sense is terrible, or their haircut is awful for their facial structure, or they would be more attractive with a breast augmentation, or they're underperforming at their job... etc. Your point may be completely valid, but people still don't like hearing it, and others are likely to gang up and side against you for "being mean" and making the social atmosphere awkward or uncomfortable.

    Humans tend very often to prefer to accept some level of imperfection / mediocrity if it means everyone is relatively calm and happy and the mood is peaceful.

  8. #8
    You can only call out people after a wipe.
    Now with buffs after wipe, even less reason to kick people.

  9. #9
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    hahah bad player union. Does one pay dues to get into the bad player union? do you get benefits and vacation pay for the bad player union? do I get a bad union mandated 15 minute lfr afk break? Do I have to go on bad union strike for a barganing agreement?

    Seriously though if your asking is their solidarity among players I hope so. One player talking down to another shouldn't really engender praise for the asshole talking down to others. In fact my suspicion is that the player in the OPS little story there did a little bit mroe than simple point out the guy doing 30k dps...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-24 at 04:40 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,687
    I read the OP, and I'm like, "... if there's a union I really should figure out how much I owe in dues." Then I realized that it's just people who don't like being told they're doing it wrong, which is human nature, and they defend themselves against a perceived attack, again, only human nature. I don't think it's so much a union as it is humans are at their core pack animals, and when someone sees 'one of us' getting 'attacked' by 'one of them,' it's in their nature to defend the 'us' from the 'them.'

    At least, that's the answer I've come up with over the years.

    edit: Another thing to keep in mind is tone. "Hey, I noticed your DPS is a little low, are you doing X?" X being anything from avoiding fire to hitting a key part of their rotation, versus "Nice fail retard gtfo the group" or "you're mad because you're bad." Yes, you'll get people reacting with hostility to the first one, but nowhere near as many as the other two, because of the perceived tone. One comes off as a friendly offer of advice, the other drips hostility which puts people on the defensive.
    Last edited by Callei; 2013-09-24 at 04:37 AM.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    "you're mad because you're bad"
    You were just flat out insulting and I would have kicked you out too.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You can only call out people after a wipe.
    Now with buffs after wipe, even less reason to kick people.
    5 wipes later and boss still isn't down? if people aren't given an incentive to improve the way they play/attitudes to the game, you end up with the bad infested wipetastic experience that is LFR now. Stop pandering to bads and improve the game.

  13. #13
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    229
    More like we really dont care that much and just dont want to listen to your whining comment. I often support those kick cuz i hate the hater.

  14. #14
    I think your choice of words caused the player to be defensive. Idk would try to be a little more polite/helpful. Usually you'll see like a hunter and their top ability is auto shot maybe whisper them and ask them to press their abilities or something.

    The biggest problem is the disconnect between the players that are catagorized as "hardcore" and those labelled as "casual" and arguments that devolve into things like "Don't tell me how to play you elitist" and "Learn to play you filthy casual" which doesn't help the new player or create a healthy relationship between either player.

    Next time if you're truly wiping in LFR due to a lack of damage (which I doubt) or healing (more likely) be very careful with how you adress individuals that are under-performing and if they aren't open to criticism... just leave them in their own world.

    Honestly, I don't even bother communicating w/ players in LFR because it creates arguments and slows down the clear more than just slamming my face into over and over for the buff. Those players usually don't care about improving their gameplay and won't listen to you. They are content w/ subpar play.
    Last edited by officerlahey; 2013-09-24 at 04:41 AM.

  15. #15
    "FLEX for the work! Stay away from LFR!"

    Seriously ppl, there is no incentive running LFR now, ur time and war-forged seals r used better in flex and normal.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    hahah bad player union. Does one pay dues to get into the bad player union? do you get benefits and vacation pay for the bad player union? do I get a bad union mandated 15 minute lfr afk break? Do I have to go on bad union strike for a barganing agreement?

    Seriously though if your asking is their solidarity among players I hope so. One player talking down to another shouldn't really engender praise for the asshole talking down to others. In fact my suspicion is that the player in the OPS little story there did a little bit mroe than simple point out the guy doing 30k dps...

    The dues for the union I believe is a full set of LFR tier and a Leeroy Jenkins title. The only benefits you get is that you wont' get kicked from a LFR, from what I have seen.

  17. #17
    It has nothing to do with bad players sticking up for other bad players. It's more of the fact that people just don't care. One thing I have noticed is that no matter what the circumstances are or who is being kicked, if someone initiates a vote-kick, everyone clicks yes. I have yet to see a vote-kick fail in LFR.

  18. #18
    I imagine you being kicked in lieu of the under performing DPS had more to do with how you called them out. Based on the information you provided it seems you publicly called them out in a matter that lacked tact or understanding. Rather then /whispering the person helpful such as "Hey I noticed you're DPS is a little lower than what someone in your gear is capable of, here is x advice" I'm willing to bet it was more along the lines of "lol x person is only doing y dps, fail" or something of that nature. When they replied in turn with a hostile response your answer was "you're just mad because you're bad." Which reaffirms my belief that you were calling them out and insulting them rather than trying to help them be a better player.

    Maybe if you tried actual constructive criticism you won't get booted? Folks tend to be more amenable towards folks who aren't asshats when it comes to feedback.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    "FLEX for the work! Stay away from LFR!"

    Seriously ppl, there is no incentive running LFR now, ur time and war-forged seals r used better in flex and normal.

    Very good point!

  20. #20
    It is the mentality that they are better off letting someone slack or they might just be next in line to get told to step it up, or that when the time comes that they want to slack or afk that they dont want to get the boot. The players are looking out for their own good towards easy loot and the community managing itself towards being more proactive and engaging is against that.

    Personally ether you want to be there or not. Dont want to be there or have time to be there then GTFO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •