10+ Year Old Account

Silver Proving Grounds (Tank-Resto) Edition guide

So after hitting my head against a wall for a few hours today, finally managed to pull off silver mode tank as a resto shaman. I have it recorded and will be posting it back later.

Essentially, you need a very strict talent set up with a large amount of burst output.

1) Spec Projection/Earthgrab
    2) Shift is very useful, but not required
    3) Guidance is required
    4) EOE is required as it is the only talent in that tier which greatly increases single target
    5) PE is 100% required as earth elemental is an absolute life saver as it possesses a taunt and stun.

Glyphs:
    Hex- This is a must. It lines up so that you'll have it up with new waves, most importantly in 6-8
    Totemic recall- Optional. Helps a boat-load on mana saving, as mana is an absolute killer on this one with the amount of surges required.

Phase 1
    Your mobs are going to spawn on the right podium looking at the door. Project earthgrab and hex the right target. This phase isn't complex and does not require a lot of healing, but every mana point counts so make best use of it. Your second mob will most likely survive to Phase 2

Phase 2

This phase is very intimidating. The virmen cause a stacking debuff to the mistweaver that causes you to blow a lot of mana here, and it can get a little scary. Begin the phase projecting earthbind for that extra 5 second root, and follow up with hexing one of the large virmen. Remember! Every stack counts. While the virmen begin running into melee, you'll want to use cap totem for a stun for a few seconds.

Phase 3-5 Rinse and Repeat

Basically you're not going to have a huge issue here if you can get down step two. The only difference is you're going to get the caster (I believe his name is the invoker?) KEY Never interrupt his lava spew, ever. The mobs will occationally walk through the fire and cause them to take additional damage, sometimes helping you end the phase early and have time to drink. Chances are if you don't get this opportunity, you will most likely wipe. Let him cast it and do not CC this guy. Make sure you're dropping grounding off cooldown and shearing him at every possibility. Pyroblast>>>>fireball interrupt.

Phase 6

This phase demoralized me the most. the Big dual wielding bug is an absolute bitch. He hits hard, fast, and has a knock back. If you aren't using CDs through him you're pretty much fucked. This is where PE is absolutely amazing! Drop your earth elemental, and let him tank it. CC the common add, and let the wind guy through as it's almost a guaranteed wipe with two of these idiots up. I also recommend rotating Dance/Guidance/HTT if you do not have earth elemental up.

Phase 7

Pretty much a repetition of 6 but you get the caster back, and a wave of virmen. CC the virmen, not the caster. The virmen should be rooted with a projected earthgrab, and followed up with a cap totem. This is where I strongly recommend using as much CC/cds as possible. An alternate option that worked well for me was CCing the windlord dude and letting the virmen die before he unleashed his wrath. Keep grounding down.

Phase 8

This beauty is just a hectic repeat. It's fairly straight forward, keep ccing, and pop everything. let the invoker cast and make sure you grab the virmen before they get to you for a few extra seconds of reduced damage.

Anyways, hope this helps some of you guys. I was told this was a potential world first... so if it is cool!.

If you'd like proof that I've done this, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onomics/simple has my achievements

Have a great night
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new hotfix that crackling jade lightning does not break CC, this may become an issue doing this. Best of luck!
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)

I havent tried this yet, but dont forget about capacitor totem as it can stun mobs too

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned cap here. It's best used on the virmen when you can get multiple stuns out. I've had enough luck some pulls to completely reset the bleed debuff on the mistweaver, however it's not too bad to heal through.
    Hydrogen the Undying

Hey, great job! I've been working on Proving Grounds myself and just beat Bronze Mode today as an Elemental Shaman! Hope you beat Silver Mode! I'll be right behide you. Man, I love Proving grounds so much! Btw, here is my Bronze Mode run of Elemental! http://www.twitch.tv/segagam/c/2987055