2pc T15 and Heroic UVLS vs Black Blood of Y'sharrj WF

Hey guys, can anyone good with this kind of stuff help me out here? I passed on a warforged Black Blood of Y'sharrj to our aff warlock because I was still wearing 2pc t15 and using Heroic UVLS (my other trinket is heroic purified so it was really between uvls and that). I don't have anything to prove it but I was thinking UVLS is still better for now till I drop 2pc t15. I'm not haste cap (17.6k haste) so I'm not sure if that's a factor as well.

Does anyone know for sure if WF:BBOY was a sizable upgrade over H:UVLS? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    As good a ToT trinket as UVLS was last tier it is now that bad a ToT trinket in 5.4

Its uptime got a sizable nerf. BBOY is the trinket that you will generally pair with Bindings.

Your Locks owes you a beer for you letting them have your BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    As good a ToT trinket as UVLS was last tier it is now that bad a ToT trinket in 5.4

Its uptime got a sizable nerf. BBOY is the trinket that you will generally pair with Bindings.

Your Locks owes you a beer for you letting them have your BiS.
    Thanks for the reply man.

I know it's BiS, it's just that I thought that 2pc t15 would make it not as big an upgrade for me as say our affliction lock, which is why I passed, so I'm here trying to confirm my suspicions mainly.

So I guess my question is really, does 2pc t15 make UVLS a decent trinket still or did I really just screw myself over badly by passing on BBOY lol.

Deleted
    Im not sure how 2pc t15 would make UVLS better or worse, but you missed out on that warforged bad boy big tiem

Deleted
    Just a quick note, with heroic purified your haste cap becomes 16785. Purified and WF:BBOY are our BiS trinkets this tier. The only difference between black blood and UVLS is how we balance crit and mastery.

There is an awesome post on How2priest, which i cannot link for being a forum scrublord. Detailing how our gear changes based on trinkets, tier bonuses and how to gem/reforge accordingly.
    IMO you should have taken the trinket. Having such a huge amount of haste in one place allows you to gain more secondary stats elsewhere.
    And the proc is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by asleif View Post
    Just a quick note, with heroic purified your haste cap becomes 16785. Purified and WF:BBOY are our BiS trinkets this tier. The only difference between black blood and UVLS is how we balance crit and mastery.

There is an awesome post on How2priest, which i cannot link for being a forum scrublord. Detailing how our gear changes based on trinkets, tier bonuses and how to gem/reforge accordingly.
    IMO you should have taken the trinket. Having such a huge amount of haste in one place allows you to gain more secondary stats elsewhere.
    And the proc is awesome!
    I keep up with how2priest, and I searched around the forums for a bit but didn't find anything in regards to a situation like that. I have no doubt WF:BBOY is BiS at all, just whether that it's a sizable upgrade over heroic UVLS since I still have 2pc. I only care about what gives our guild the most DPS so if it's a bigger upgrade for my affliction warlock buddy than me atm, I will gladly pass any day.

Also, the haste cap I'm at (17.6k) includes the bindings sadly lol.

Deleted
    what is all this 2p t15 crap? How does uvls scale better with it? Afaik uvls only crits for the initial duration of the dots, not for the extended one thru 2p t15, it was one of the first nerfs on 5.2 ptr, when ppl were rolling 1 minute full crit dots. So really, 2p t15 makes no difference between uvls and bboy. You missed out on the bis trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    what is all this 2p t15 crap? How does uvls scale better with it? Afaik uvls only crits for the initial duration of the dots, not for the extended one thru 2p t15, it was one of the first nerfs on 5.2 ptr, when ppl were rolling 1 minute full crit dots. So really, 2p t15 makes no difference between uvls and bboy. You missed out on the bis trinket.
    I know it doesn't work past the extended duration, but there's a lot of multi dot fights this tier, and being able to put up 3-4 UVLS SW:P on different targets with no cap on shadowy apparitions anymore seemed really strong to me, my dots get extended to 30+ seconds most of the time on multiple targets.

Am I off about something in regards to that?
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-09-24 at 10:46 AM.

UVLS is BiS for nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asleif View Post
    I believe this is the link you were referring to. http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=4486#iTrinket
    The difference between the two trinkets is estimated at a little over 1500 int, favoring BBoY but assuming no T15 2p. Not sure how the set bonus skews that result.

Yes, you missed out on an awesome trinket.
    Yes, you would have seen a sizable increase to your dps.
    Yes, you were the Good Guy Greg of your raid, and the lock owes you a beer.

Your raid is still be better than it was before, regardless of who got it. And you gain karma points to spend later on.
    Last edited by Ambereldus; 2013-09-24 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Used wrong PP values, corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    I believe this is the link you were referring to. http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=4486#iTrinket
    The difference between the two trinkets is estimated at a little over 1500 int, favoring BBoY but assuming no T15 2p. Not sure how the set bonus skews that result.

Yes, you missed out on an awesome trinket.
    Yes, you would have seen a sizable increase to your dps.
    Yes, you were the Good Guy Greg of your raid, and the lock owes you a beer.

Your raid is still be better than it was before, regardless of who got it. And you gain karma points to spend later on.
    Guess I was wrong and completely overestimated UVLS and 2pc t15, ah well. Thanks for the definitive reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I got haste cap this week and actually got the BBOY trinket from the lock since he could trade me with the 2 hour thing, but having to redot everything and not having UVLS kinda feels shitty. I did slightly more DPS with the BBOY trinket this week on multi dot fights with the SW:P nerf, but I had other upgrades too, so I don't know.

UVLS feels strong to me after trying to the trinket tonight on multi-dot fights still but I have no idea.

Heroic and Heroic Thunderforged UVLS are still very good trinkets. I haven't seen any hard evidence otherwise besides "they were nerfed, garbage". Yes, the changes they did to them made them not as good on the pull, but I am still consistently getting a proc within 4-8 seconds of the pull (Heroic Thunderforged). It actually almost never fails to proc in that window. In fact, it has pretty consistently procced before my heroic bindings of immerseus do.

While I'm not a particular fan of the random (65%) nature of dot extensions of 2pc t15, using your h UVLS while you still have it can't hurt you if you're okay with the random refreshes and inconsistent dot times on targets.

Is UVLS good still depends on if you're still using 2pc T15. If you are, it's still decent. If you aren't, then look at the trinkets you're currently wearing and evaluate. Preferably replace your "weak" trinket (Breath, Cha'Ye's, Wushoolay's) with Purified Bindings first. Use UVLS until you get a Black Blood of Yshaarj or you break 2pc T15, whichever comes first. That's my plan and until someone comes up with some hard evidence stating otherwise, I'm sticking to it.

*edit* this only applies to heroic UVLS and heroic t15. If you have any UVLS version below that you should replace it probably with any trinket from SoO because of the massive jump in ilevel.
    Last edited by allianceTrade; 2013-09-26 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i didn't noticed the proc nerf on UVLS yet, it seems to proc a lot or i'm just lucky with the procs for 3rd week i a row.
    Strangely it seems that consecutive procs is more frequent (3-4-5 procs in the row before the previous proc expires) but it's probably just RNG.

Well BBOY is definitely better, I never questioned that - I was just curious if 2pc t15 and H:UVLS was close enough that BBOY woulda been a bigger upgrade for my warlock buddy that I passed to. He ended up giving me the trinket though so it doesn't matter anymore.

Kind of related to the topic, but anyone got tips on using BBOY to it's fullest? Am I suppose to just dot everything up towards the end of it's duration, or dot stuff up at the start, then refresh dots before it ends? Talking in regards to both multi-dot and single target.

I had a hard time using it on the ptr because as soon as it hits 10 stacks it's gone. You're lucky if you can get that 10th stack buff with your dot. You want to put dots up towards the end for sure. On single target it's probably not worth putting it up at the start and at the end, rather just the end. On multitarget start with the lowest priority adds and dot them first then work your way to the highest priority adds (boss) and finish with them.