Spoils DPS Buff and SV Mastery

So basically I'm wondering if the fire damage proc every 5 seconds on this fight would be enhanced by SV's Mastery (since Fire damage is Magical damage afterall), and if so, can it proc off a multi-shot and hit every target you connected with?

I was pondering this earlier while we were progressing through it and figured I'd see if anyone knew more.

Deleted
    Considering reforging crit > mastery > haste for this but abit unsure. if anyone knows anything about this would apreciate it alot if u could share.

Deleted
    5 second cooldown , one target. not sure if it scales with mastery probably does , but it's kinda pointless to reforge to mastery just because of this fight , chance is you won't even get the buff and it doesn't deal that high damage overall anyways. But then again for my current gear sim is showing mastery abit more than haste , nothing major but still , im sure whatever you decide will be fine.

Sorta forgot I made this thread.

To follow up, I didn't expect a mastery build to edge out crit here or anything like that. I was simply curious if anyone knew if the two mechanics interacted and was bored enough to post it. If it really is just one target (aka not proccing on multishots or at least not all of its targets) then that's kinda lame.

Deleted
    I compared half our raid from last night and noticed less than a 1k damage on average hit from the claw, and not a single one did critical damage. So I think it's safe to say that crits don't effect it and neither does our mastery or any other percentage based damage increases. Or anything at all, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    i said this in a diff post but i switched to blink strikes and barrage and saw IMO better results than say amoc and glaive ..i know it isnt really pertinent to the stat priority part but thought it might be helpful to people doing spoils

Quote Originally Posted by furfmonkey View Post
    i said this in a diff post but i switched to blink strikes and barrage and saw IMO better results than say amoc and glaive ..i know it isnt really pertinent to the stat priority part but thought it might be helpful to people doing spoils
    I don't mean to sound rude (though I'm sure I do anyway) but I mean... wasn't that obvious? It's a fight with a heavy amount of AoE, and targets that live for a very short amount of time. Just because glaive/amoc sims highest doesn't mean that's the end all talent spec. That's why talents are as fluid as they are, to swap depending on the situation.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i know its obvious but maybe some people might have found it helpful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude (though I'm sure I do anyway) but I mean... wasn't that obvious? It's a fight with a heavy amount of AoE, and targets that live for a very short amount of time. Just because glaive/amoc sims highest doesn't mean that's the end all talent spec. That's why talents are as fluid as they are, to swap depending on the situation.
    Atleast on heroic blink strike make the pet bug up on diffrent places making it unavalible to attack anything. Wich makes amoc the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    Atleast on heroic blink strike make the pet bug up on diffrent places making it unavalible to attack anything. Wich makes amoc the better choice.
    Nothing lives longer than 30 seconds, and also Master's Call frees up the pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    yeah i was having issues as bm, swithced to survival with AMoC and didnt had issues. the shadowsteping into boxes is causing the problem. i may try barrage this week since we still stuck on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I found the information helpful and I'll run some tries with it next time. I hope you enjoyed your time on the pedistal, come down now and act like the mature player you are. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I found the information helpful and I'll run some tries with it next time. I hope you enjoyed your time on the pedistal, come down now and act like the mature player you are. =)
    /facepalm

10char