Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think most of you guys are full of it. I see Tank druids, Warriors, Pali's, DK's taking 3 or 4 Yungol's at a time. I have never seen a rogue do that ever. Evasion has a CD which other Said classes don't need them. I think I see a lot of ppl talk a lot, to say how great they are, because they want others to think they are something special. Lots of classes are better at farming Yungol's than Rouges.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I think most of you guys are full of it. I see Tank druids, Warriors, Pali's, DK's taking 3 or 4 Yungol's at a time. I have never seen a rogue do that ever. Evasion has a CD which other Said classes don't need them. I think I see a lot of ppl talk a lot, to say how great they are, because they want others to think they are something special. Lots of classes are better at farming Yungol's than Rouges.
    Tanks damage dealt scales directly with damage taken. They also have superior mitigation to pretty much anyone, because, well, they are tanks (what a surprise) and they have pretty decent self healing capabilities that don't cost them too much DPS. Many of their attacks are also AoE by default, so they do decent cleaving without having to try.

Seriously, complaining that you can't solo group content as well as tanks can just smells by very bad trolling attempt.

U srs? xD I havent met a elite that doesnt take less then 15sec to burst down. (Though i had 550ish ilvl when i was doing it). Assassination spec.
    But really, stop whining on stuff that isnt broken.

The island is mostly about gear and buffs. You also have to be careful, or you'll lose all your buffs. Try to always have the book/crystal/dew buffs up along with a shrine blessing. My warlock alt was really struggling until it got a better weapon and some gear from the island, but once it had some gear and I got more careful (and stopped losing my buffs every five minutes), things improved a lot.

This goes for every class. A poorly geared hunter's pet can't tank anything on the island. A poorly geared warlock's voidwalker dies in two hits. Poorly geared tanks and healers get annihilated. The place may be a loot piñata, but it's one you actually have to hit to open. It's not a welfare check that you can just cash out with no effort required.

I think most of you guys are full of it. I see Tank druids, Warriors, Pali's, DK's taking 3 or 4 Yungol's at a time.
    No, you see fully raid-geared people taking 3 or 4 yaungols at a time. A tank in 470 gear can't do that. And just because they pull a lot of things, that doesn't mean they kill more mobs per minute. A lot of healing specs have much better AoE damage than single target, so you end up pulling a lot of things, but in the end you still kill things slower than a DPS.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

As soon as I get to the island which is only on Tuesdays I camp a shrine till I get Chi-Ji's Hope and everything dies in seconds on my 513 ilvl rogue, even without the buff stuff still dies fast, most of the abilities mobs cast are avoidable (Yaungol aside)

Deleted
    if you are worried that someone gonna tag your monster before you touch it, shadowstep is your friend

Deleted
    funny you say that

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aishici/simple <<< no problem solo'ing TI
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llybrah/simple simple but not as easy
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llibrah/simple (Ignore the hat) cant solo for shit

I farmed solo with CHi ji buff + book and crystal(deadly momentum glyph + marked for death) at Ordos Sanctuary for exalted, where u can get only with a cloak.When you say it is hard for rogue to farm solo i really dont know what the hell u are talking about

Hm, the only ones I find difficult to solo are the priests with 30mill hp, although it is probably doable it isn't worth the time it takes. I'm ilvl 541 but I was killing them at 532ish, I'm pretty sure I could do it with a lower ilvl as the mob abilities are done well. It's just about avoidance.

Seems the rogues who are having no issues soloing Timeless Isle are greatly over-gearing it.

Comparing my 493ilvl Rogue to my 481ilvl Hunter - the hunter can do two or three elites at once at an even faster (and safer) pace than my better-geared Rogue.

Seems that rogues are just greatly dependent on gear when it comes to soloing - the solo performance Rogues attain at ilvl 540 seems to be available to (example) Hunters at ilevel 490...
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-09-26 at 07:16 AM.

I hear priests and mages have it worse *shrug*. Of course hunters and warlocks can just let their invincible pets tank the things *sigh*.

Rogues aren't all that bad, unless you're undergeared I guess? Only thing that's a huge pain is the Kilnmasters and the fire elementals/cinderfall. Those 1shot abilities + oceanic ping = headdesk. Although in the case of cinder, I've found that feint saves my bacon on the full aoe - it's just the half-cone and line aoe that's the big killer.

Stealth is also very handy on the island. Especially skipping Ordon mobs to get to the area west of Ordos where rares sometimes spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickthid View Post
    Assuming you're a non-raider, what is your ilevel? My Rogue (Combat/Assassination) is 532 (only because of numerous burdens of time, not raiding or LFR) and the only elites I have issues with are the giant rock elementals, and some of the bigger Ordon elites.
    With the rock guys, circle strafe constantly. The stomp is only on their right leg, you'll always miss it. It's kind of frustrating dipping in and out of melee range because of their shitty little hitbox (hitboxes should always match unit circles - discuss) but it's low risk and you should be able to soak a single stomp if you screw up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Rogues can't mass pull, we have to single target, so in terms of rep grinding yeah we'll always be slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is true, though in the long run even non-raiders will have 540 ilvl if they collect timeless gear or run LFR. Rogues are the strongest class for a place like TI because eventually your biggest concern will be other players trying to kill you, and stealth simply makes you godmode on an island filled with annoying mobs that aggro to anyone that walks 2 steps. Spec into burst of speed + nightstalker and you will be running around the island in stealth as fast as an epic ground mount. Being able to decide whether or not to engage is perhaps the biggest advantage possible in open world settings.
    Or you could be a Hunter and just 2shot anyone who looks at you funny.

I doubt it's worth BoS speeding, even if there's a big heap of coin farmers it's easier to ride around em. Vanish is great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a 504 ilvl rogue alt and i can solo everything at the isle except ofcourse ordon sanctuary mobs.

try to evade their obvious attacks and you are more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    I agre that if you are 550 ilvl it is proably easier but since my rogue is currently only 510 ilvl, soloing elites on the isle is a nightmare so I don't bother trying anymore. I have all the gear from there, but only 1 burden of eternity so far. I have been focusing on LFR and have 3 weeks of flex raid SoO to fill in the gaps of my gear, but it will take a while I think being a "casual".
    My rogue has 512 iLevel and I have no problem soloing most elites, even the 8mil HP ones. I can kill anything alone up to High Priest of Ordos or whatever it is called.
    Get blessing + 3 buffs + your buffs = killing machine.

I am gearing up my rogue on Timeless Isle and have not many issues with elites. I am playing assassination with a mix of tyrannical and mal pvp gear. You can kill a elite every 3 min with shadowblades + vendetta. With Feint, evasion + elusiveness talent, combat readiness talent, CoS, and dirty tricks talent so you can gouge the attacks that cannot be kicked you should be able to take most stuff out. With a 5 stack of recup up I usually end up 30%-70% health after the kill. And if things go south vanish.

15+ Year Old Account
    The "worst" class? Try soloing the elites as a healer (I'd say most healing priests play without a shadow off-spec). It will put things into a good perspective.

Rogues are a great class on Timeless Isle.

Get a blessing, all three food buffs, spec Marked for Death. You will do so lots of damage and have almost no rampup.

Spec Leeching Poison and Dirty Tricks (for free gouge to interrupt casts) and Nerve Strike, get glyphs of Deadly Momentum, Recuperate and another (I go Rapid Recovery for more Leeching Poison healing but Evasion and Expose Armor others are fine). These plus the healing food buff will give you insane survivability.

Kilnmasters are the only dangerous one really. Dance their normal casts of course. Just stun them when they summon a cauldron (wait for the cast to complete), then kill cauldron. Their conal with the cauldron up is the only thing that one-shots you if. If you can avoid that, the above setup makes it very hard to die tbh.

For caster cows, stun when they summon adds and if they do just kite.

Deleted
    with the toolkit we have rogue is probably the very best char to solo TI elites with..people seem to get hung up watching pallies dk's and hunters pulling 3 at a time,ok so it's not clever for us to mass pull but I generally kill 5 mobs 1 by 1 before that dk has his pack of 3 smashing him in the face down to 20% at 537 ilevel most mobs die in a stunlock..on my 496 geared rogue with blue 450 daggers and engi trink sure it takes longer but I wouldn't classify it as hard..we can stealth though swarms of useless trash that chase/stun others..we can cc additional pulls if need be and if the shit hits the fan we can clos/vanish and reset..as said above get the 3 buff's from the island ..click a shrine ..use visions of insanity and your golden

i dont think OP is talking about how we can solo the elites. we are totally able of soloing the elites.

Just that everyone else can solo 5 times more elites at the same time with 1/10th ease and none of the risk.

You killed that one tough elite? Thats nice. Now wait for one more to spawn since that other guy cleared the whole area during that time without CD's and major abilities without as high an ilvl and without doing all those things to buff ourselves up.

and saying that non-dps specs have more trouble killing these things is ludicrous. if thats the only thing below the bar after us, its even more worrisome.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-09-27 at 09:38 AM.

I killed frogs in the southeast. 544 with Chi-Ji buff, Cloak and Dagger, Marked for Death. I kill a frog every time Stealth cools down.

I've no problems killing elites on my rogue ilvl 506, except the 1 shot Kilmasters. Although i've played my rogue since wrath and raided with him in cata and mop so like to think I know what i'm doing
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”