Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    The issue was how the OP "offered" said help. Theres a difference between "hey you suck but I deem you worthy of receiving my knowledge" AND "hey do you have any questions maybe we can compare our rotations". People are more willing to learn if you use a little tact and respect.
    There is little to no help that anyone can provide to another player in LFR, you certainly do have time to explain rotations, enchants, reforges, talents, etc between pulls, the main reason people decide to offer help in front of the raid is the draw attention to the player that needs help in the hope they will be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is little to no help that anyone can provide to another player in LFR, you certainly do have time to explain rotations, enchants, reforges, talents, etc between pulls, the main reason people decide to offer help in front of the raid is the draw attention to the player that needs help in the hope they will be kicked.
    Not everybody knows about icy veins etc, simply pointing someone in that direction is enough

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Not everybody knows about icy veins etc, simply pointing someone in that direction is enough
    Then do it in a whisper unless you want to draw attention the bad player there is absolutely no reason to announce it the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Rudeness and arrogance are subjective. If the other warlock wasn't a defensive whiner, he could have gotten some free, easy insight and help from a better warlock.
    You're right emotions and responses are subjective they are intended to be that way - Both these people lack social skills and the OP wonders why his jerkiness was met with jerkiness....this is a perfect example of what happens when you dont use tact, just saying don't be surprised when it happens.

I don't know. While of course there are "people" who shouldn't even be playing the game, there are other people who actually listen and obey. In the 1st week of the 1st wing, my guild had guild the sha twice. I was the only one who stood up, asked for leader and gave orders in /say while in combat (like dispel, spread, stack) until it was down. After we were done, I had only 1 person whisper me to tell me how amazing I was for being the best raid leader ever he had ever met, for my patience etc.

It totally depends on you to offer or not advice. The reward for doing so is usually zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I don't know. While of course there are "people" who shouldn't even be playing the game, there are other people who actually listen and obey. In the 1st week of the 1st wing, my guild had guild the sha twice. I was the only one who stood up, asked for leader and gave orders in /say while in combat (like dispel, spread, stack) until it was down. After we were done, I had only 1 person whisper me to tell me how amazing I was for being the best raid leader ever he had ever met, for my patience etc.

It totally depends on you to offer or not advice. The reward for doing so is usually zero.
    Well no offence but reading this post you come across as a bit of a self obsessed arsehole so i'm not surprised you get little praise

You're right emotions and responses are subjective they are intended to be that way - Both these people lack social skills and the OP wonders why his jerkiness was met with jerkiness....this is a perfect example of what happens when you dont use tact, just saying don't be surprised when it happens.
    QFT/10char

Lmao, the arrogance claiming in know exactly why everyone does something ... is astounding.

Tact hardly matters, unless the other person can hear you, written text can always be misinterpreted and even then he might misunderstand, most of social interaction is non verbal after all. What the Op wrote is a prime example, it can be considered an insult or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Tact hardly matters, unless the other person can hear you, written text can always be misinterpreted and even then he might misunderstand, most of social interaction is non verbal after all. What the Op wrote is a prime example, it can be considered an insult or not.
    This is exactly why it's the communicator's responsibility to make sure their message is received properly via text. If the communicator cannot be hassled to take the proper steps to communicate properly, they might as well stay silent.

The bad player in this scenario has no responsibility to do anything since nothing was requested. His misinterpretation is the communicator's fault, not the bad player's.

That's how communication works. If it's your intention to tell me something that I have not requested, and it's a genuine desire for me to understand your point, then it is your responsibility to learn my language, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well mind your own fucking business. I am always in the top 3 in dps in LFR and I still can't blame this guy for telling you to stfu. Only help people in wow if they ask for it. If not mind your own business.
    The stupidity of this post is astonishing.....

If someone is NOT pulling their own weight, we have every moral right to point it out in a constructive manner. IT IS HIS BUSINESS cause a dpser pulling 50-70k is slowing everybody else down.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    This is exactly why it's the communicator's responsibility to make sure their message is received properly via text. If the communicator cannot be hassled to take the proper steps to communicate properly, they might as well stay silent.

The bad player in this scenario has no responsibility to do anything since nothing was requested. His misinterpretation is the communicator's fault, not the bad player's.

That's how communication works. If it's your intention to tell me something that I have not requested, and it's a genuine desire for me to understand your point, then it is your responsibility to learn my language, not vice versa.
    You can't write a text that could not be interpreted as an insult, you can see everything considering your playstyle as insulting if your skin is thin enough. It depends on their level of tolerance and the lvl of tolerance of the guy the op talked about is rather low, as such not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

I agree to an extent. Not asking for help might be a valid counter, if they had met randomly out in the game world. But they didn't. Someone was under performing on the OPs team. Its different.

If you do shit dps EXPECT feedback. People don't like carrying people, we might not want to kick you for doing 50k dps in a fight where everyone is doing 110k in an lfr, but when I see someone struggling who is doing below 70% of their maximum efficiency, and we are wiping partly cause of low dps, I will point it out.

Lmao, the arrogance claiming in know exactly why everyone does something ... is astounding.
    I don't claim to know why everyone does something. I mean some people are actually stupid enough to believe that announcing another player is playing poorly in front of a group of stranger will help them.

I don't claim to know why everyone does something. I mean some people are actually stupid enough to believe that announcing another player is playing poorly in front of a group of stranger will help them.
    Assuming he told the entire raid he said,

When I told a fellow warlock "hey , you're doing less dps then the tank, if you want I can help you with your rotation".

The reply i've got was "mind your own fucking business".
    you assume he did, but there is no clear evidence for your claim.

I agree to an extent. Not asking for help might be a valid counter, if they had met randomly out in the game world. But they didn't. Someone was under performing on the OPs team. Its different.
    Again, I'm not opposing the OP's desire to address the issue. That was never really a concern of mine. I'm addressing HOW he communicated it. If he wants his message to be received, he has to package it appropriately, and if he cannot be troubled to do so, he should stay quiet, otherwise, he will continue to receive the results as he has.

The question here: Do you REALLY want to see improvement? Then communicate effectively.

Otherwise, you're just pissing them off and you'll get nowhere.

Is that how it should be? It doesn't really matter, because that's how it is.

Just as this player is the wrong buttons and somehow expecting positive results on his DPS, the OP is communicating in the wrong way and expecting positive results.

Bad player can keep pressing the wrong buttons all day because he can "play however he wants" but nothing is going to improve. In the same way, the OP can keep communicating the wrong way all day because "he can tell the truth however he wants" but nothing is going to improve.

So... Do you want to retain your right to talk to someone in any way you choose? Or do you want to see improvement? It really boils down to that.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-09-26 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Assuming he told the entire raid he said, you assume he did, but there is no clear evidence for your claim.
    I not assuming anything in fact what I wrote had nothing to do with the OP was to do with comments made in the last two pages.

I not assuming anything in fact what I wrote had nothing to do with the OP was to do with comments made in the last two pages.
    Sorry my mistake then.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Feelings decrease your DPS

Every once in a while you can find a nugget of wisdom amongst all this dribble.

Well done.