Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    They owe you respect and courtesy, and not doing so is trolling and deserves a boot (which they often get)
    That goes both ways. Opening a conversation with, "hey , you're doing less dps then the tank," is disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There are people that agree that the Earth is flat that does not make them correct.
    I know it's off topic, but I have to ask... Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I know it's off topic, but I have to ask... Who?
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

It is a fascinating if not slightly disturbing read.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

It is a fascinating if not slightly disturbing read.
    Wow... I feel like I just jumped into LFR IRL...

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of feels up in this thread. while im here chillin sipping on some Bourbon and pepsi on ice. Relax and lets all be friends and touch tips or whatever.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    alot of feels up in this thread. while im here chillin sipping on some Bourbon and pepsi on ice. Relax and lets all be friends and touch tips or whatever.
    Group hug!

I agree. It's only gay if you push back. Let's go!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It's only gay if you push back. Let's go!
    i thought it was only if you made eye contact.....well then....Ive been doing it wrong ¯\(°_o)/¯

@ Pann awwww yiss motha fuckin group hugs up in this
    14/14h and finally done

i thought it was only if you made eye contact.....well then....Ive been doing it wrong ¯\(°_o)/¯

@ Pann awwww yiss motha fuckin group hugs up in this
    It depends on your positioning I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your positioning I suppose.
    i guess that complicates things. lol cant help but think this is a odd swerve for this thread. I cant help but think alot of issues people have in this game could be resolved over having a pint hue hue hue
    14/14h and finally done

i guess that complicates things. lol cant help but think this is a odd swerve for this thread. I cant help but think alot of issues people have in this game could be resolved over having a pint hue hue hue
    It's all about the brolationships. Get me, bro?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the brolationships. Get me, bro?
    *brofist* you know it brochacho
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Here's the thing: the "overly sensitive" warlock doesn't visit this forum and probably won't do so any time soon. All this venting about him is going into the void. "We all need to quit being so sensitive!" is a very childish outlook to have. The fact is that you can't control others' actions. You can only control your own. Instead of fixating on how "overly sensitive" the other guy was it's more productive to focus on actions you could have taken to work around that sensitivity. Otherwise you're doomed to forever fail at your interactions "because the other guy was too sensitive." Some (I would argue most) people are sensitive. That's just how it is. You're not going to change that by complaining about it on MMO-C. You can, however, factor that knowledge into your future interactions. You'd be surprised at how much better you'll be able to get along with others.
    I would like to think I am conversing on a greater idea about the changing attitudes of our community, and not venting and whining.

Help and advice used to be given all the time in /1, /2, /3, and sometimes even /4 (lol) .. it was given in whispers and raids and dungeons, in BGs and on forums. I rarely EVER remember someone saying "mind your own fucking business" or the like. Whats changed? Is this change good? Should we do something about this change?

- - - Updated - - -

There are people that agree that the Earth is flat that does not make them correct.

If you believe that they owe respect then show them the same courtesy and do not embarrass them in front of the group. And were you not just a few posts ago saying that pointing out a player's poor dps was to help them and not to get the group to kick them? Now you are saying that it deserves "a boot?"
    So now Panns opinion on this is a fact as solid and revolutionary as a "round" planet earth? Again, with the insane arrogance.

Embarrassment is something you allow.

If they decide to actually contribute or have a valid reason for doing sub-par, the I don't care. If they refuse to cooperate or help the team, I will start a vote kick. (Ive said all this many times to you, please stop conveniently forgetting it, thanks)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    That goes both ways. Opening a conversation with, "hey , you're doing less dps then the tank," is disrespectful.
    I don't agree. If your SO says "you do less chores than me a week..." is s/he being disrespectful, or point out something you are doing wrong? There is no "nice" way to put this in a victims mind. "Your dps is low" "Are you doing your rotation correctly" "are you clipping embers" "are you using cooldowns" all of these things imply you might be doing something wrong. Someone will find a way to feel insulted no matter what.

Help and advice used to be given all the time in /1, /2, /3, and sometimes even /4 (lol) .. it was given in whispers and raids and dungeons, in BGs and on forums. I rarely EVER remember someone saying "mind your own fucking business" or the like. Whats changed? Is this change good? Should we do something about this change?
    Alright, I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there.

The thing that has changed is that LFR has given every player the ability to feel like they're a "raider." This gives every player the potential to feel like they "know what they're doing" so what was commonly referred to an "elitist mentality" among the best players in the world is now found in the worst players in the world.

This "I'm a raider, I know what I'm doing" gives the worst players in the game the feeling that they can tell others how to play their class. Thus, we find in LFR, baddies are arrogantly calling out other baddies, not realizing that they're all fucking retarded to begin with.

This consistent "calling out" of bad players by other bad players causes a numbness in the community and nobody wants to take advice from anyone, because they're no good either. And then we find that when an actual decent player makes a comment to someone, the player is so used to assholes and baddies trying to blame him/tell him what to do, that his natural reaction is now "fuck off."

In the past, we found that if someone was in raiding gear they were looked up to and advice could be given easier, because the player knew that that person knew what they were doing. Now, however, every one thinks they have what it takes to offer advice to every one else because they were able to make it through LFR and get some purples.

Thus, you find the warlock doing 50k DPS feeling like he needs no help from anyone, because he has "full epix" and doesn't need your help.

Make sense?

So now Panns opinion on this is a fact as solid and revolutionary as a "round" planet earth? Again, with the insane arrogance.

Embarrassment is something you allow.

If they decide to actually contribute or have a valid reason for doing sub-par, the I don't care. If they refuse to cooperate or help the team, I will start a vote kick. (Ive said all this many times to you, please stop conveniently forgetting it, thanks)
    I think you will find that Earth is in fact spherical and round is a description of a two dimensional object thus in order for the Earth to actually be round it would indeed need to be flat. Thus you are arguing from an incorrect assumption of fact.

No it is not.

So unless someone conforms with the standards you deem acceptable you will bully them out of the group? Well we got there in the end.

I got kicked out of a LFR last week because I suggested a strat for Protectors (they were at 3 Determination when I joined).

We 1-shot the boss with my strat, still got booted.

At this point the only reason I do LFR is for the LFR-only pets. Once I'm done with those, I'm never doing it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    How I see it. if you want to really help someone try not to come off as a prick. What I do is if we want to down this boss we need to pick up the dps. Or on fights like norrushen I just say hey dont worry about anything Mark me and follow me where I go and I try to do the least ammount of movement to get out of stuff and people usually keep up decently. if its a dps issue "determination will fix it"
    14/14h and finally done

How I see it. if you want to really help someone try not to come off as a prick. What I do is if we want to down this boss we need to pick up the dps. Or on fights like norrushen I just say hey dont worry about anything Mark me and follow me where I go and I try to do the least ammount of movement to get out of stuff and people usually keep up decently. if its a dps issue "determination will fix it"
    Agreed. LFR is what it is, and anyone going in has to understand that or they're gonna have a bad time. *snicker*

The fact is, LFR was created for people who aren't good enough (and a few who don't have time) to raid for real. It's set at the level it is FOR THOSE PEOPLE. If you raid heroics, don't walk into LFR expecting people to play at your level, it's just not going to happen. If every one was as good as much of this thread expects them to be, we wouldn't have LFR to begin with.

I'll say it again: LFR is like the Special Olympics. Go in, keep your mouth shut and let them have their fun, because laughing at them is frowned upon and will get you kicked out pretty quick.

I'm assuming 90% of you people saying he shouldn't say anything and just keep it to himself are the bad people getting comments on how to improve. There is no reason to not take advice, regardless of how it came across. Sitting there being a butthurt baby because someone hurt your feelers over poor game performance is pathetic. You're dragging the raid down, and its always a lot more than just 1 person. If everyone improved a bit, took a little advice, there wouldn't be this problem anymore, because the lfr run would go smooth, people would be happy, not feel the need to comment. But no, fight the system, stay bad, rise up and fight those who wish to improve you so we can all whine and bitch and fail for eternity

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I'm assuming 90% of you people saying he shouldn't say anything and just keep it to himself are the bad people getting comments on how to improve. There is no reason to not take advice, regardless of how it came across. Sitting there being a butthurt baby because someone hurt your feelers over poor game performance is pathetic. You're dragging the raid down, and its always a lot more than just 1 person. If everyone improved a bit, took a little advice, there wouldn't be this problem anymore, because the lfr run would go smooth, people would be happy, not feel the need to comment. But no, fight the system, stay bad, rise up and fight those who wish to improve you so we can all whine and bitch and fail for eternity
    Well you know what they say about assumption being the mother of all fuck ups? We could apply the same logic to this thread why have you not read it before joining in?

Outside of the first weeks of a new raid being introduced when no-one really knows the tactics are does not have the gear nine out ten LFR runs go without issue. Someone doing 50k or even 30k DPS makes very little difference to the time it takes to complete the run and pointing out the player's low DPS is counter intuitive. In an ideal world the game would each and every player to a decent standard the reality is that it does not. If you expect every player to play to a decent level when join a random group then it is your expectations that are unreasonable and even more so if you believe that players will rise to meet them by offering them advice in public.