Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Why dont schools teach kids trades instead of dilluting their minds with high tech bullshit. Why is so important to teach a kid to use a computer?. My nephews can all use computers but cant even figure out how to fix anything mechanical.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Really, so how come cars have been around in most households for 50 years, yet something as changing an oilfilter proper is a problem for a major part of car-owners? It'd say cars are rather vital for a lot of people, yet basic troubleshooting is something few can do?
    The comparison here would be;
    "my radio is quiet"
    "turn the volume knob"

"my windshield is blurry from rain"
    "turn on the wipers"

"my car won't start"
    "turn the key all the way"

"my car was running then it shut off and wont start after rumbling"
    "it's out of gas"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    If you ask me technology is going a bit 2 far in the wrong direction.
    Monsanto, People on facebook and whatsapp all day.
    People only looking at their device instead of talking with people in the subways
    People on their phone in the club
    And so on and on and on.
    But the first thing we should do is throw out the tv or know that tv is a way of programming people. Why do you think channels call the agenda they have for 2day as program...
    You think people not talking to eachother in the subway is new ?

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I wonder why no1 said.. Old ppl are stupid (when it comes to tehnology).

Let me give you a example: Some old man buys a clock and he wants to listen to its radio. But because he is so *stupid* to read the instructions in english (because he never learned it in school), they keep asking us stupid kids how this stuff works.

See the logic.

Its all in generations. If you ask me how the 60is computers work i wont be able to tell you, because no1 teached me how to work with it.
    My grandfather is an octogenarian and is pretty self sufficient with modern technology. I mean honestly, with a little bit of mental filtering and the most miniscule of mental efforts you can pretty much access the entire collective knowledge of the human race at the tip of your fingers with the internet these days.

But the fact is, most people aren't thinkers. They don't think. They eat, sleep, poop, and make noises back and forth with each other that are really just modern evolutions of caveman grunts.

It's not a generational thing. Most people aren't intellectually motivated. For those that are, there has never been a greater time to be alive. For those that aren't, they look dumber to the intellectuals than ever before.

this dude is saying the people teaching our kids dont know how to solve these simple problems, and instead of trying to figure it out themselves they say fuck it and go ask someone, they teach this style of thinking to a massive amount of kids who then think that is the right thing to do, and when you grow up thinking that you should get someone else help you instead of helping yourself you seek out help, and this help will come with chains.

So, because old teachers aren't tech savvy, they must be idiot teachers who only produce idiot children.

Comon man... how is this proof for anything but a lack of IT education among teachers in general? It still has no effect on his skills as a geography or maths teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    I work in a school. I work in the IT support department. I get some of the most stupid problems come to me on a daily bases mainly from the teachers.

I'm going to list some of the problems and solutions TEACHERS are having.

1) Computer won't turn on.... A) It wasn't plugged in

2) The volume isn't very high... A) Turn up the system sound

3) My screen keeps going black when i leave it alone for an hour. A) Screen saver......

4) Why when i stretch this photo why dose it go tall and blurry. A) It was a 2 Mega Pixel camera on a phone.

I got these 4 questions in the space of 2 days from 3 different teachers in this school. On Tuesday the teachers are going on strike because they feel they need more money even though during the 6 week summer holiday only 1 or 2 showed up to prepare for the new term.
    Were these teachers teaching a computer course?
    If not I don't see why you made a thread.

This thread is not worthy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You mean children aren't born with a natural latent knowledge of how all things technological works?

Hey... guess what? THEY"RE CHILDREN! How about you stop complaining and TEACH them things!!!

Did your parents give up on you when you fell the first time - saying "Well, I guess he will never walk"?

Also, are ALL the children having this problem - or just some?

Lastly, tell me you never did something mind-blindingly stupid in your life when you were a kid. You know you have. Everybody has at some time.
    Actually, they damn near are these days. Day one I am using the computer and the little guy watches, day two, he's used it to youtube Mario and is showing me something and using the mouse to gesture to what he's talking about like he's in the middle of a power point presentation.
    I dare say that's quicker on the uptake then we ever were.
    But yah, teachers are generally like us, some bright moments, and some not so bright moments.
    I should know, I've dated a few over the years.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 303 808 909 View Post
    Be glad they need help with the computer so you keep your job? That's what i'd do.

Yep yep - job security.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    And what about people who are 70 years old now? If they cant handle sending an e-mail, are they idiots?
    HAHAHAAAAAAAAA you know, I see a LOT of 70 year olds who CAN email, and sometimes much more. They have the time to learn. I was getting my haircut yesterday and the barber and the other old guys in there (it's kind of a social place for them...i dunno), were discussing linux and where it's going to go, and what google is going to use their quantum computer for. Sound like they are tech inept to you? B/c if that's true, half the people on this sight are total dimbulbs.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Ignorant post, just because someone is not familiar with the tech doesn't make them stupid.

Whenever I see a post claiming others are stupid I can always expect to see something about "Stupid" being used wrong. Nice "Most stupid" there buddy.

You know what my psychology professor told the class the first day? There are many different types of intelligence. A car mechanic may not know how to operate a new smart phone but he'll know exactly what's wrong with your car just by cranking it up. He's intelligent when it comes to cars but unintelligent when it comes to newer technology. Would you say that he is stupid? If they're not technology teachers then I don't see them as being unintelligent because they don't fully understand how to operate a computer. They just need to know enough to make powerpoints and send emails for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    You think people not talking to eachother in the subway is new ?
    It ain't but I do remember the days when I atleast talked to 2 people when going to school and back home. Now I try to talk to people, but the wall they build up and the focus on their mobile devices is hard to break. The subway was just a example try to understand my whole posy and not focus on the example only

PS I'm not that old. I'm talking things that happen 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    Ah and that is the best way to respond to what he is actually trying to say? Ok his spelling ain't great, but he might a great speaker or great with numbers. Don't judge someone based on 1 subject he ain't good in. But yeah we all are kinda stupid tbh seeing we rather judge each other than actually fix our social problems .
    Somebody who is so bad at writing shouldn't complain about elderly people not being tech savvy. It really is a pot meet kettle situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least they were easy problems to solve. It's the same here where I work. 90% of the time we're on computers and my own co-workers, who are aged from like 30-60, I'm probably the youngest at 22, and when they're not working with the program we have to use they are total computer illiterates. Sometimes I would have to show them the most basic stuff on computers like how to change the resolution and I sometimes even have to show them how to do certain things on the program we use for work which I pretty much taught myself how to use. You'd think working in a job where most of the day you're working with computers you'd be somewhat knowledgeable with computers especially if you worked at that same job for 10+ years.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

This is the exact opposite of what I see. There are PLENTY of adults who cant handle a computer but im FAIRLY SURE iv seen 6 year olds with ipads.... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    I work in a school. I work in the IT support department. I get some of the most stupid problems come to me on a daily bases mainly from the teachers.

I'm going to list some of the problems and solutions TEACHERS are having.

1) Computer won't turn on.... A) It wasn't plugged in

2) The volume isn't very high... A) Turn up the system sound

3) My screen keeps going black when i leave it alone for an hour. A) Screen saver......

4) Why when i stretch this photo why dose it go tall and blurry. A) It was a 2 Mega Pixel camera on a phone.

I got these 4 questions in the space of 2 days from 3 different teachers in this school. On Tuesday the teachers are going on strike because they feel they need more money even though during the 6 week summer holiday only 1 or 2 showed up to prepare for the new term.
    Evidence points to IQ still being on a rise. Anyhow, I expect that you can, without any trouble, recite the different pedagogic theories, or how to handle a kid with a severe agression episode, or tell everyone what the most effective teaching method is for a given sub-subject in natural science? And I am sure you also know that most teachers work at home to prepare the next semester, rather than do it at the school? I've got every respect for those who work hard to teach the next generation, because the work is hard, thankless and filled with people who fails to understand that longer summer holidays comes at the cost of longer work days.

There's a reason the school has a IT department. Try being helpful instead of grouchy, you'll make a few overworked teachers happy, you might make some new friends and you won't come across as just jealous of teachers having a longer summer holiday than you...

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keeps exclaiming that they are children and that argument in it self should be enough... I was able to use a computer at age two.