Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] The Blacklist

The pilot was on last night every monday at 10pm on NBC

My opinion : The show have that plot twist and exposes each charater dark secret and that why i like it " will it be a hits ?" is have that formula to be a hits

the pilot " from youtube 6 million hits "
    The Blacklist Official Trailer - NBC

- - - Updated - - -

And this show will be in the UK on the skystyle channel as well

Deleted
    Not seen it yet, but will asap, I just love James Spader.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It's worth watching?
    If you want to watch it.............is up to you !

But me i will watch next week episode !

It will be interesting to see where they go with the show. Not so much this year but a year or two from now. As one reviewer on another site mentioned does Spader rejoin the FBI and track down criminals or does he become the bad guy which the FBI then goes after? Or do they have something else in mind?

Deleted
    Just checked this out. It is surprisingly high quality!

After a long dry spell without anything, this and hopefully Agents of SHIELD are likely the only two TV shows I will be watching this season.

Watched it this afternoon, DEFINITELY a show i will continue to watch.

Deleted
    Loving this show!

For anyone who is wondering about that amazing music track at the end of the third episode, it is unreleased and called "Hear With Me" by Robot Koch.

Extracted from the TV show (not by me, ofc):

https://soundcloud.com/grandvibes/he...-me-robot-koch or
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-09 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Great, saw the trailer on swedish TV yesterday and was thinking of giving this one a try!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news

Season 2 GREEN LIGHT !

On December 3, 2013, NBC renewed the show for a 22-episode second season " Return date 1/13/14 "

10+ Year Old Account
    Coolcool.
    Just finished catching up.
    Although I'm sick to death of these huge secret evil corporations, the plots really cool, and Spade is a great cast choice.
    Keen for it to be back in under 24hours.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

It's a decent show - I watched all 7 or 8 eps that were out at the time one weekend back in November, and I was at least kept entertained. It's nice that they don't just have the show revolving around James Spader and the chick agent he works with, and that they actually branch outside of just their relationship (even though it's the focal relationship). Will probably continue watching it after I'm done with school at the end of the year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the blacklist airs at the same time as my favorite show (Castle) i havent been able too start on this show but some people are very positive about it so i think ill start this weekend
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

the idea piqued my interest but I still didn't expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I am. Red is hilarious but his character seems no less dangerous because of it, a combination of excellent writing and acting and all of the characters play off of eachother well

15+ Year Old Account
    Oke watched all episodes till this point now and the first few episodes i liked it very much but the names for the so called "Black listers" are kinda silly lol but overal its oke still staying with Castle on mondays tho
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Sorry to wake up this thread from it's slumber, but I didn't want to make a new one since there already is one. There are heavy spoilers below so I've blackened them, but I'd also ask anyone quoting me not to remove the spoiler protection.

Again, there's heavy spoilers from the show below, so don't read if you haven't watched it.

So, the season finale was yesterday. I have to say, it was a bit of a mixed bag, trying to throw in some deaths of characters with the most obvious "plot twists" ever.

I mean, to me at least, it was obvious from the get go that Red is Liz's father. He keeps denying it, but it's always been clear as day. I'm sure they're trying not to jump the shark with that and keep teasing us, as they did in the finale; Liz's father was said to have died in a fire, and Red has clearly been burnt, so again it's like a "well hell that's clear proof" but then again, it's not. So, basically, as clear as it is that Red is her father, I guess the writers are keeping that door closed so they can change it on the fly if needed. But, meh... That'd be such a lame move.

Another thing in the finale was obviously Peter Stormare. It was clear from when I saw his name in the beginning that he had to be Berlin. I mean why else would they bring in Peter frigging Stormare, right? Well, meta information there, but the scene in the hospital was final proof. I mean, you get Peter Stormare to play a guard who cuts off his own hand in a single scene? Yeah. Sure.

I do believe the show is being carried by James Spader. I hope they get a bit more depth into the plot on the second season, and get some new, better characters. We're stuck with Megan Boone and her constipated deer in the headlights -look in every scene, but at least we're rid of Parminder Nagra now, who plays the same confused (and constipated) cop type character in everything she's in, and for some reason I just didn't like Ryan Eggold's face, at all. Diego Klattenhoff is playing the same character as he does on Homeland, but at least he's somewhat tolerable. Harry Lennix also has a single character he's played.

Oh well, I'm not sure why they fill a series with these constipated frowning women and one character people but I'm hoping season two will bring some fresh air to this series. Spader does deserve a good series anyway. Have to wait and see.

I don't think Red's her father, it's just too obvious and would feel like too much of a cop-out if he is. besides, he may be old enough in real life (not sure) but he doesn't look old enough to have a daughter her age
    I wonder if the burns may mean he was at the fire with her father though

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this show i realy do but the 2 parter Finale was crap lol i expected more from it as too red being involved in something with her father or if he is her father well we prob see more of that in S2 but they realy need too refesh some stuff because some of the characters are just boring im gonna stay with Castle on Monday 10pm timeslot.

Deleted
    I felt it was a decent episode in general, but a pretty terrible season finale. It doesn't conclude any storylines or add any new ones, it just continues on with the already far too stretched stories of Berlin and Lizzie's dad.

Than we have a huge list of clichés:

- one of the good guys need to die (even though it was a pointless death of an uninteresting character)
    - one of the good guys needs to appear to have died, but is actually fighting for his live, and in the end scene wiggles his toe/finger so people know everything will be alright next season
    - bad guy gets fatally wounded, but actually didn't and managed to get away

I enjoy the show, and Spader is brilliant (and carrying the show for the most part like Sydänyö said) but they need to start giving some answers, create some more interesting stories and add more interesting characters.

I think he is her father but that part of him "died in the fire". Might be too obvious though.